Last Online
    2019-10-07 @ 16:56
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    L3d1b
    Ethnicity
    Kikuyu
    Kenya

Excerpts about Kikuyu people from the text by Chauncey Hugh Stigand (1913). The land of Zinj: being an account of British East Africa, its ancient history and present inhabitants. https://archive.org/stream/landofzin...0cptc_djvu.txt

"The Kikuyu are the richest people I have ever met, with the
    exception of perhaps the Burmese. I can imagine some of my
    readers who have seen the half-naked, half-skin-clad Kikuyu
    smiling at this statement, but I estimate riches and wealth only
    in proportion to the wants of a people. Money or quantity of
    material is no criterion to a nation's wealth. The true estimation
    is the average proportion possessed by each individual compared
    with the amount he requires to satisfy all his needs."

"The Kikuyu are rich because every man is able to obtain all
    the necessaries of life and in addition possesses a certain amount
    of luxuries. There are no hungry or destitute, no homeless ; in
    fact, there are no poor. Let us try to imagine ourselves in a
    relatively similar state to that of the Kikuyu, and then we will
    see better how he is affected by the white man. "

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Random Dude's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Zaïrois
    Religion
    Gooner
    Congo Democratic Republic African Union(OAS) Congo-Brazzaville

Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    One thing I know well about Great Lakes Bantu is that they are hustlers. Anything that is about raising their standards, they do better than any other people I know of. Like u said, they are like Indians and Arabs. Not a warlike people though. With one exception of Babembe of eastern Congo. This group has not historically behaved like typical Bantu.
    Anyway, like u said, let’s not derail the thread so much.
    Let me put things into perspective for outsiders on why he wrote that.

Espoir is a Munyamulenge (aka a Tutsi). Babembe and Batutsi have been on 'edge' since the 90s. In the past, they were cool, in fact, his "clan" name of BanyaMULENGE comes from a Babembe territory that was given to them by...wait for it...Babembe. When Tutsis first came into Eastern Congo escaping their on going fighting with the Hutus, babembe welcomed them with open arms and gave them a place to stay, Mulenge. Everything was nice. No one knows a Tutsi inside and out like a Mubembe. Fast forward to Mobutu; Mobutu's popularity was at complete decline in the East in the 80s, he was hated, and no one hated him more in the east than Babembe, thus his solution was simple, bring in more Rwandans. Many of those Rwandans (and 'Banyamulenge') ended up supporting him, and that didn't seat well with Babembe. Fast forward to 1994, Rwandan Genocide happens; The genocide ends up spilling over into DRC, we had nothing to do with it but millions of Congolese lives have been lost as a result.

Tutsis who have been sheltered by Babembe ended up turning on them, I know a girl who's uncle and her family were brutally murdered. Many Babembe have such stories. Now unlike Hutus, Babembe actually appreciate fighting when pushed, so they REALLY retaliated. Without Tutsis getting help from Kabila/Rwanda, the Mai-Mai (Babembe militia group) would've done worse.

Tutsis as a result HATE Babembe more than any other group.

Congolese dislike both Hutus and Tutsis, but especially Tutsis, you have to know them to understand. Even Tanzanians are starting to dislike them. You might blame the Belgians for the Genocide all you want, but it was a USA trained Tutsis by the name of Paul Kagame who shot down the Rwandan president's plane KNOWING it was going to result into a Genocide. That’s a fact.

Espoir you're Rwandan, put a Rwandan flag on your profile my dude. Be proud, Rwanda is apparently doing good. Every Munyamulenge I know sends money back home to build Co...I mean Rwanda. Congolese will never consider Banyamulenge ‘Congolese.’ Muko Barwandais mon frere.

I have nothing against y’all by the way, I’m just saying.
    Last edited by Random Dude; 2019-10-04 at 05:23.
    Just reppin' 243...

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-13 @ 19:36
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 23:37
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian
    Congo Democratic Republic United States

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dude View Post
    Let me put things into perspective for outsiders on why he wrote that.

Espoir is a Munyamulenge (aka a Tutsi). Babembe and Batutsi have been on 'edge' since the 90s. In the past, they were cool, in fact, his "clan" name of BanyaMULENGE comes from a Babembe territory that was given to them by...wait for it...Babembe. When Tutsis first came into Eastern Congo escaping their on going fighting with the Hutus, babembe welcomed them with open arms and gave them a place to stay, Mulenge. Everything was nice. No one knows a Tutsi inside and out like a Mubembe. Fast forward to Mobutu; Mobutu's popularity was at complete decline in the East in the 80s, he was hated, and no one hated him more in the east than Babembe, thus his solution was simple, bring in more Rwandans. Many of those Rwandans (and 'Banyamulenge') ended up supporting him, and that didn't seat well with Babembe. Fast forward to 1994, Rwandan Genocide happens; The genocide ends up spilling over into DRC, we had nothing to do with it but millions of Congolese lives have been lost as a result.

Tutsis who have been sheltered by Babembe ended up turning on them, I know a girl who's uncle and her family were brutally murdered. Many Babembe have such stories. Now unlike Hutus, Babembe actually appreciate fighting when pushed, so they REALLY retaliated. Without Tutsis getting help from Kabila/Rwanda, the Mai-Mai (Babembe militia group) would've done worse.

Tutsis as a result HATE Babembe more than any other group.

Congolese dislike both Hutus and Tutsis, but especially Tutsis, you have to know them to understand. Even Tanzanians are starting to dislike them. You might blame the Belgians for the Genocide all you want, but it was a USA trained Tutsis by the name of Paul Kagame who shot down the Rwandan president's plane KNOWING it was going to result into a Genocide. That’s a fact.

Espoir you're Rwandan, put a Rwandan flag on your profile my dude. Be proud, Rwanda is apparently doing good. Every Munyamulenge I know sends money back home to build Co...I mean Rwanda. Congolese will never consider Banyamulenge ‘Congolese.’ Muko Barwandais mon frere.

I have nothing against y’all by the way, I’m just saying.
    Exactly as I excepted, you are not even mubembe or maybe an ignorant Mubembe. First and foremost, let me make this clear for you, my clan(Singa) came from Rwanda about 200 year ago, settled in plain of Ruzizi, then moved up in the high plateau. That’s my clans story. Ruberwa you fools call Rwandan, his clan is called Aba-Sita, they came from Uganda. In fact he is from same clan as Museveni. Nyarugabo u call Rwandan, his clan is Aba-Hondogo, from Burundi. And, yet y’all ignorantly call them Banyarwanda. How naive are u people? We have other clans from Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and Uganda. They all were in our territory before Berlin conference. Long story short, we have been in what is now Congo starting from 1600-1800.

Then let’s go to your myth of Babembe sheltering us. Do u even know that region. First of all, Mulenge is a small hill u fool. Second, we named it(comes from aka-lenge which means small hill in our Language, any Rwandan/Burundian can assert to this).
    Thirdly, it’s now in what was Bafuliro kingdom. Never belonged to Babembe, ever!
    Next, what u don’t know is we(Babembe, Bafuliro, Banyamulenge) settled in plain of Ruzizi for quite a long time. Who moved up in the plateau first, it’s us. Why would agriculturists be interested in high altitude? High plateau is paradise for Pastoralists. You know why there is many Babembe in the high plateaus, it’s because they don’t normally cultivate, they are hunters and very lazy when it come cultivating, unlike Bafuliro. This is what I meant when I said that Babembe are an exception. They don’t cultivate and behave like neighboring Batwa.

On the point of Mobutu welcoming us, that’s total BS. Correction, it wasn’t Mai Mai by the time, it was Mulelists/Jeunesse. We were part of the rebellion u fool. What happened is u turned on us and started eating our cows. U touch our cow, u touch us! We fought back. What funny is that we kicked they ass with spear, arrows and blades them using guns. I swear to God, we had less than three guns. After we kicked u out of our territory, that’s when Mobutu through a white mercenary approached us to help him neutralize the rebellion. His army along with white mercenaries had failed totally to do so. They gave us guns as in the very short period Mulelist were history in the Congo. Don’t make up things fool.

if you think we are gonna chase us out of the country, forget about that. We are born warriors, stick together and fight to the last one, unlike you who land helicopters and put casual wear inside army uniforms so that when things go bad you change to casual and free for your lives.

Last, you better go back to Cameroon where y’all came from before sending us to Rwanda. And this “Bantu consciousness” your politicians have pushed down your throats, it’s gonna make u little Nazis and U will never finish us, what happened in Rwanda was a good lesson for us that you Great Lake Bantus are not good neighbors. And I’ve been seeing it everywhere I go, it’s interesting how Ugandan Bantus(in particular Banyankole and Baganda) say same thing as those Bantu We left back home, “we will kill u all and take your houses,wives/daughters and cattle” . It’s like they all have telepathic communication. Very genocidal oriented. Worst case scenario is what happened in Rwanda. And this time we will be prepared unlike before when we thought the International community was there for us.
    Last edited by Espoir; 2019-10-04 at 18:44.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

KING OF KUSH (2019-10-05), Pat11 (2019-10-04)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Random Dude's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Zaïrois
    Religion
    Gooner
    Congo Democratic Republic African Union(OAS) Congo-Brazzaville

Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Exactly as I excepted, you are not even mubembe or maybe an ignorant Mubembe.
    I'm not.

First and foremost, let me make this clear for you, my clan(Singa) came from Rwanda about 200 year ago, settled in plain of Ruzizi, then moved up in the high plateau. That’s my clans story. Ruberwa you fools call Rwandan, his clan is called Aba-Sita, they came from Uganda. In fact he is from same clan as Museveni. Nyarugabo u call Rwandan, his clan is Aba-Hondogo, from Burundi. And, yet y’all ignorantly call them Banyarwanda. How naive are u people? We have other clans from Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and Uganda. They all were in our territory before Berlin conference.
    Don't be emotional. Museveni, Nyarugabo, Nkunda, etc are all Tutsis and in our eyes...Rwandans. It is what is.

Then let’s go to your myth of Babembe sheltering us. Do u even know that region.
    It's not a myth, every tribe sheltered y'all. Come on now. I'm from that region.

First of all, Mulenge is a small hill u fool. Second, we named it(comes from aka-lenge which means small hill in our Language, any Rwandan/Burundian can assert to this).
    You're being emotional again. You guys use alternative history lol. Mulenge is literally a Bembe name, I would assume -lenge just means small in various Bantu languages (i.e Kibembe word 'alenge' )

Thirdly, it’s now in what was Bafuliro kingdom. Never belonged to Babembe, ever!
    Bafulero oyee

Next, what u don’t know is we(Babembe, Bafuliro, Banyamulenge) settled in plain of Ruzizi for quite a long time. Who moved up in the plateau first, it’s us. Why would agriculturists be interested in high altitude? High plateau is paradise for Pastoralists. You know why there is many Babembe in the high plateaus, it’s because they don’t normally cultivate, they are hunters and very lazy when it come cultivating, unlike Bafuliro. This is what I meant when I said that Babembe are an exception. They don’t cultivate and behave like neighboring Batwa.
    Babembe are agriculuralists too my brodda. Where you getting that from? You just hate them so much for whatever shit they did to y'all.

On the point of Mobutu welcoming us, that’s total BS.
    Huh? More and more Rwandans (and Burundians) started coming into the country in the 80s with Mobutu's blessings. This is all true my brodda.

Correction, it wasn’t Mai Mai by the time, it was Mulelists/Jeunesse. We were part of the rebellion u fool.
    I was talking about post 1994. Stop being emotional. It blinds you.

What happened is u turned on us and started eating our cows. U touch our cow, u touch us! We fought back. What funny is that we kicked they ass with spear, arrows and blades them using guns. I swear to God, we had less than three guns. After we kicked u out of our territory, that’s when Mobutu through a white mercenary approached us to help him neutralize the rebellion. His army along with white mercenaries had failed totally to do so. They gave us guns as in the very short period Mulelist were history in the Congo. Don’t make up things fool.
    This is the alternative history i'm talking about.
    if you think we are gonna chase us out of the country, forget about that. We are born warriors, stick together and fight to the last one, unlike you who land helicopters and put casual wear inside army uniforms so that when things go bad you change to casual and free for your lives.
    You're speaking with a lot of emotion. Did I offended you??
    Last, you better go back to Cameroon where y’all came from before sending us to Rwanda.
    Nah, I think Congo is pretty dope. Don't you think? You claim it a lot.

And this “Bantu consciousness” your politicians have pushed down your throats, it’s gonna make u little Nazis
    No such a thing. You're being paranoid. A lot of people need therapy/psychiatrist after 1994. Seek help.

and U will never finish us, what happened in Rwanda was a good lesson for us that you Great Lake Bantus are not good neighbors. And I’ve been seeing it everywhere I go, it’s interesting how Ugandan Bantus(in particular Banyankole and Baganda) say same thing as those Bantu We left back home, “we will kill u all and take your houses,wives/daughters and cattle” . It’s like they all have telepathic communication. Very genocidal oriented. Worst case scenario is what happened in Rwanda. And this time we will be prepared unlike before when we thought the International community was there for us.
    Still playing the victim card? LOL. Ask yourself why everyone around y'all dislike yall.

I'm a head-out, this is too personal for you.
    Just reppin' 243...

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian

I'm not.

Don't be emotional. Museveni, Nyarugabo, Nkunda, etc are all Tutsis and in our eyes...Rwandans. It is what is.

It's not a myth, every tribe sheltered y'all. Come on now. I'm from that region.

You're being emotional again. You guys use alternative history lol. Mulenge is literally a Bembe name, I would assume -lenge just means small in various Bantu languages (i.e Kibembe word 'alenge' )

Bafulero oyee

Babembe are agriculuralists too my brodda. Where you getting that from? You just hate them so much for whatever shit they did to y'all.

Huh? More and more Rwandans (and Burundians) started coming into the country in the 80s with Mobutu's blessings. This is all true my brodda.

No such a thing. You're being paranoid. A lot of people need therapy/psychiatrist after 1994. Seek help.

Still playing the victim card? LOL. Ask yourself why everyone around y'all dislike yall.

This is not the right thread for this.
    For God’s sake, don’t call me Rwandan, I know u did it intentionally yet play angel. If u seek the truth, challenge me on why u think I’m Rwanda, and I have pretty evidence to prove u wrong. Create a thread.
    Otherwise, good luck, u heard what I said.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian

I'm not.

Bafulero oyee

And please, find another place to make up stuffs, this is a Kikuyu thread. Your KKK ideology(except it’s Bantus now) will consume u up. All those conspiracies and lies you’ve been spreading all over the forum, I’ve been following u. What an obsession with Rwandans, our country has many issues that we have to fix. Rwanda is no threat to us fool.
    Last edited by Espoir; 2019-10-04 at 22:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

KING OF KUSH (2019-10-06)

Last Online
    2019-10-07 @ 16:56
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    L3d1b
    Ethnicity
    Kikuyu
    Kenya

I'm not.

Bafulero oyee

This discussion really went way out of line.

I even had a dream about genocide and all that.

There's nothing glorious in killing other people or putting other people down. All are different & All have something Unique to Contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, this post is about the DNA Results of a Kikuyu as well as some historical stuff about the tribe.

It's not meant to put any tribes down. We must learn and appreciate African history and try to improve from the past.

All are important and valuable in their own way.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curious_African For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2019-10-07), Espoir (2019-10-08), KING OF KUSH (2019-10-09), Pat11 (2019-10-07)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_African View Post
    This discussion really went way out of line.

I even had a dream about genocide and all that.

There's nothing glorious in killing other people or putting other people down. All are different & All have something Unique to Contribute.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, this post is about the DNA Results of a Kikuyu as well as some historical stuff about the tribe.

It's not meant to put any tribes down. We must learn and appreciate African history and try to improve from the past.

All are important and valuable in their own way.
    He did everything intentionally just to offend me. As u might have seen, he didn’t provide anything that makes me Rwandan, after I even asked him to.
    It’s unbelievable what our country and people have been going through. Can u imagine even here in the USA, Congolese Tutsi kids are coming home complaining that other Congolese 4 years old kids are calling them Banyarwanda. Don’t even know how at such a young age they know how to differentiate Tutsis from the rest of Congolese Community. After all they all are in a foreign country where they are welcomed regardless of their ethnicity.
    Last edited by Espoir; 2019-10-08 at 15:15.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22