Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian
    Congo Democratic Republic United States

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dude View Post
    So out of curiosity, I searched for kikuyu videos on YT to here how Gikuyu sounds, and WOW! It really does sound similar. Kinyarwanda and Kirundi are basically the same language, Lungada is like 90% similar to them (a Burundian friend of mine can understand them with ease). First time I heard Ugandans speak, I thought they were speaking Kinyarwanda/Kirundi.

There are several other languages around Lake Kivu with similar sound and wording. We have some in DRC as well but don't tell them though, since any association or grouping with Burundians/Rwandans is considered an offense of the highest order LMAO.
    I have heard a few kikuyu speaking, there are few words we share. I think those words are root words of Great Lakes Bantu. I have been to Uganda and Rwanda, there is a cline in language relationships.
    Speaking of eastern Congo, there is similarity with neighboring Rwanda and Burundi. Two outliers are Banyamulenge( dialect from a mixture of Kinyarwanda and kirundi) and Bafuliro. Funny thing is Kifuliro is more closely related to Luyankole/Luganda than kinyarwanda/ kirundi. Bafuliro and Banyamulenge live in the same region.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

Pat11 (2019-07-30)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2019-08-19 @ 09:29
    Cushitic
    Tanzania

Quote Originally Posted by Karey View Post

The Hema are pastoralists who inhabit the North Eastern part of the Democratic Republic of Congo in the district of Ituri and North Western Uganda. They are part of the Niger Congo family and are related to the Bahororo(Bahima), Banyamulenge and Tutsi; however, similar to the Tutsi, and Bahima, their genetic makeup and pastoral culture speak of a nilo-saharan and cushitic mixed ancestry that has been infused with admixture from the Mbuti Pygmies and Bantu who are inhabitants of the region. Northern Hema speak Lendu while the Southern Hema speak a language which is similar to the Hema spoken in present day western Uganda.
    While the Tutsi clearly show various degrees of Cushitic admixture in their phenotypes. I have yet to see any cushitic admixture in those Hema pictures being posted on here and elsewhere when I google them. They look like regular Southeast African Bantu groups to me.

Can someone post examples of Cushitic looking Hema people?

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Waaq View Post
    While the Tutsi clearly show various degrees of Cushitic admixture in their phenotypes. I have yet to see any cushitic admixture in those Hema pictures being posted on here and elsewhere when I google them. They look like regular Southeast African Bantu groups to me.

Can someone post examples of Cushitic looking Hema people?
    From my experience and those I saw, you can’t differentiate them from other Great Lakes pastoralists. However, pictures posted here all look different from what those I saw in refugee camps. Or maybe they got internal differences. Their close relatives Batooro got those that look like Tutsis and others that look like other inter-lacustrine Bantus.
    You can clearly see their royal family looks different. By the way, royals of Tooro are Luo in origin.

https://youtu.be/Crc3kmac_JE
    Last edited by Espoir; 2019-07-28 at 04:53.

Last Online
    2019-08-19 @ 09:29
    Cushitic
    Tanzania

Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    From my experience and those I saw, you can’t differentiate them from other Great Lakes pastoralists. However, pictures posted here all look different from what those I saw in refugee camps. Or maybe they got internal differences. Their close relatives Batooro got those that look like Tutsis and others that look like other inter-lacustrine Bantus.
    You can clearly see their royal family looks different. By the way, royals of Tooro are Luo in origin.

https://youtu.be/Crc3kmac_JE
    Can you create a thread with the different bantu speaking groups from the great lakes besides the Tutsis, who happen to have cushitic looking individuals?

Last Online
    2019-08-10 @ 17:51
    E-M293
    mtDNA
    L0f2a1
    Metaethnos
    Interlacustrine Bantu
    Ethnicity
    Murundi/Munyarwanda
    Burundi Rwanda

Quote Originally Posted by Curious_African View Post
    The pattern I'm starting to see seems to support the theory that the ancestors who I have that I share with people outside Kenya were actually from a time before Kikuyu people emerged.
    As you can see from my point above Kikuyu DNA seems to be a mix of different groups with a dominant South East African followed by Sudanese and then Ethiopian/Eritrean then West African.
    So I have a connection from Kuwait who has African ancestry but almost all of it from Sudan and Ethiopia/Eritrea therefore suggesting that the African ancestor we share was not a Kikuyu as shown below
    9.5% Sudanese 2.2%
    75.8% Southern East African 1.2%
    3.4% Ethiopian & Eritrean 0.7%
    1.5% Angolan & Congolese 0.0%
    0.9% Nigerian 0.0%
    0.1% Senegambian & Guinean 0.0%
    3.3% Broadly Northern East African 1.6%
    1.9% Broadly Congolese & Southern East African 0.2%
    1.1% Broadly West African 0.0%
    2.3% Broadly Sub-Saharan African 0.7%

If the shared ancestor was a pure Kikuyu I would expect his relative proportions of African ancestry to be exactly in the same proportion to mine i.e. high South Eastern African followed by Sudanese etc. Yet in this case this is clearly not the case as the Sudanese component is absent and the West African DNA is completely missing. That suggests that the shared ancestor was actually not a pure Kikuyu or was from one of the constituent groups that mixed together to form the Kikuyu.
    How does your beta ancestry look? did it change much? Also can you share maasai results from 23andme if you have any? Thanks. I am really curious to see Kalenjins, turkana, samburu, hadza, datog or iraqw who tested with 23andme. I am curious how much we all have in common by sharing the Southeastern african cluster.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mpatsibihugu For This Useful Post:

Pat11 (2019-08-13)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:50
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Phenotype
    South Aethiopid
    Religion
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by Waaq View Post
    Can you create a thread with the different bantu speaking groups from the great lakes besides the Tutsis, who happen to have cushitic looking individuals?
    I would, but the issue is all those groups that I know of have been put in the same basket of “Tutsi/Hima”. There are Basongola, Batuuku, Bahema, Bahima, Banyamulenge, Batutsi, etc. Almost all speak different Bantu languages and share them with their agricultural counter-parts.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10