Thread: New 23andMe Ancestry Composition results yet ?202 days old

Last Online
    2018-09-30 @ 20:32
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    Northeastern European
    Russia Belarus Poland

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I don't know why. I don't have any known SSA ancestors.

Here is my MDLP World:

Caucaus_Parsia 9.52
    Middle_East 4.01
    Indian 0.55
    South_and_West_European 45.28
    Melanesian 0.65
    Sub_Saharian 0.32
    North_and_East_European 37.85
    Arctic_Amerind 0.08
    East_Asian 0.92
    Paleo_African -
    Mesoamerican 0.83
    North_Asian -

I have no known Melanesian, Mesoamerican, Indian, East Asian, Caucaus Parsia, etc.
    Well, such things as Indian, Melanesian, etc. on GEDmatch are usually caclulator noise when they are below 1% and show no consistency on various calculators. But the thing is that you get less African on GEDmatch than on 23andme which is odd. Maybe (((they))) added some diversity to your straight white results? LOL.

Anyway, don't take these calculators too literally. You need to check the spreadsheets to see the averages among different groups of people.
    Last edited by Alexis21; 2018-04-13 at 15:46.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexis21 For This Useful Post:

thetick (2018-04-21), ~Elizabeth~ (2018-04-13)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis21 View Post
    Well, such things as Indian, Melanesian, etc. on GEDmatch are usually caclulator noise when they are below 1% and show no consistency on various calculators. But the thing is that you get less African on GEDmatch than on 23andme which is odd. Maybe (((they))) added some diversity to your straight white results? LOL.

Anyway, don't take these calculators too literally. You need to check the spreadsheets to see the averages among different groups of people.
    I used to take it literally. On some calculators I get less than one percent of Oceanian, Austronesian, etc. My gedmatch results for MDLP World is based on my Ancestry DNA. I don't have 23andMe on gedmatch anymore. What is your 23andme Ancestry Composition?

Last Online
    2018-09-30 @ 20:32
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    Northeastern European
    Russia Belarus Poland

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I used to take it literally.
    Well, you've been on this forum for 6 years, that's more than enough time to learn such simple facts. Nevermind. If you are interested, ask people who know a lot about that stuff, there's quite a few of them here.
    What is your 23andme Ancestry Composition?
    I haven't done 23andme.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis21 View Post
    Well, you've been on this forum for 6 years, that's more than enough time to learn such simple facts. Nevermind. If you are interested, ask people who know a lot about that stuff, there's quite a few of them here.

I haven't done 23andme.

The only person here that I know of who knows about that stuff is Polako. I used to be in his Eurogenes Project years ago. My first biogeographical DNA test was from DNAPrint in 2005 or 2006, AncestryByDNA, and the results were 83% European and 17% Native American. Then I did DNA Tribes. What a mess that was.
    I'm happiest with my Ancestry DNA results from ancestry.com.

Established Member
    Viceroyalty of New Spain Celph Titled's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM
    United States Mexico Guam Philippines Palau

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    Though I think with Latin Americans it might skew the results, since I have 1 Portugal dot, 0 for Spain, yet my Portuguese ancestors probably go back to the 1600's, unless there's a more recent one I don't know about.
    you might have one or Portugal is the closest match, compared to Spain, we dont know what the Spanish reference is mostly made up of, they can be majority from Northern Spain/Basque

but yeah you are right though
    i got linked to Italy, France, Portugal, the Portuguese one was the strangest one because I dont have any recent Portuguese ancestry, might have a colonial one, I havent really investigated my maternal grandfather's side of the family but there are some Portuguese sounding surnames along with Spanish ones and Italian ones as well

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2018-04-16)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    you might have one or Portugal is the closest match, compared to Spain, we dont know what the Spanish reference is mostly made up of, they can be majority from Northern Spain/Basque

but yeah you are right though
    i got linked to Italy, France, Portugal, the Portuguese one was the strangest one because I dont have any recent Portuguese ancestry, might have a colonial one, I havent really investigated my maternal grandfather's side of the family but there are some Portuguese sounding surnames along with Spanish ones and Italian ones as well
    I actually have a lot of Portuguese sounding surnames all the way till 1900's, by that I mean the name ends in "es" instead of "ez", but I assumed it was just the scribes mispelling the name.

Have you had any luck locating African ancestors?

I haven't, most recent one I found was a woman from the 1700's who was labeled "morisca" in her baptism and marriage records.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM

I actually have a lot of Portuguese sounding surnames all the way till 1900's, by that I mean the name ends in "es" instead of "ez", but I assumed it was just the scribes mispelling the name.

Have you had any luck locating African ancestors?

I haven't, most recent one I found was a woman from the 1700's who was labeled "morisca" in her baptism and marriage records.
    No, I havent had any luck in finding them except one that was labeled Albino Torna and then I read online that in colonial Mexico, the child of a morisca and a spanish was labeled albino torna or something like that, it will be hard finding more because a lot of records in Mexico were burned down

interesting, your morisca related was the daughter of a mulatta/o and a spanish person, basically a quadroon
    so that relative of yours was a quadroon woman

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2018-04-17)

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Though I think with Latin Americans it might skew the results, since I have 1 Portugal dot, 0 for Spain, yet my Portuguese ancestors probably go back to the 1600's, unless there's a more recent one I don't know about.
    Lol, your case is similar to mine (although I have two dots for Porto and one for Spain). Might be because my recent Spaniard ancestor (one of my maternal great grandpas, born in the 1880's) was from the area of Seville, which is fairly close to the Porto border.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2018-04-17), Celph Titled (2018-04-17)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    No, I havent had any luck in finding them except one that was labeled Albino Torna and then I read online that in colonial Mexico, the child of a morisca and a spanish was labeled albino torna or something like that, it will be hard finding more because a lot of records in Mexico were burned down

interesting, your morisca related was the daughter of a mulatta/o and a spanish person, basically a quadroon
    so that relative of yours was a quadroon woman
    Very interesting, I think some records were better kept depending on the state, there are a lot of Jalisco records.

Where it gets confusing is that even this morisca woman's mother was also labeled "morisca", the father wasn't given a race.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Med + CM

Very interesting, I think some records were better kept depending on the state, there are a lot of Jalisco records.

Where it gets confusing is that even this morisca woman's mother was also labeled "morisca", the father wasn't given a race.
    usually those from bigger cities have better records, those who are from the rural/small towns will not have good records or it will be very limited

usually areas who have the best records is Mexico City, Monterrey, Reynosa, Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Puerto de Veracruz, Chihuahua, Cuidad Juarez etc

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2018-04-19)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast