Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Default The Nazi Pug and freedom of speech

Two years ago, a Scottish man trained his girlfriend's pug dog to perk up upon hearing, "gas the Jews," and to do a Nazi salute upon hearing, "Heil Hitler." He put the result on YouTube with the video, "M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi," under the pseudonym, "Count Dankula." Just another funny YouTube video, or so you would think, but then he was charged and sentenced to a year in jail for a hate crime. Count Dankula then became an unlikely free speech poster boy in the UK. He looks clownish: fat, bearded, heavily pierced and heavily tattooed with communist symbols. And he recently did something nobody expected. He recorded an audio of a coherent high-minded philosophical defense of free speech. I put that video on BitChute, because YouTube cares little for free expression.

Count Dankula: Bring Your Own Chair

I love the most controversial topics, and it has been difficult to find populated communities to discuss such ideas (all large social media platforms prohibit such talk), but without those rare communities I would have been unlikely to formulate novel tangential ideas that seem to have a high potential to help the world, to aid social progress, and to help prevent tyranny. The USA seems to be the only nation in the world that protects from the state absolute freedom of philosophical expression, and it needs to be actively defended. If we simply take it for granted, then we will lose it. And, free speech should not have a partisan filter. If your own political camp wants to suppress freedom of expression in any way, then I suggest forcefully speaking against it. Too much is at stake. And, it is important to realize that freedom of speech is bigger than state laws. Individuals, organizations, and media can suppress freedom of expression regardless of the state. Partisans tend to restrict the principle of freedom of expression to state laws when it suits them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ApostateAbe For This Useful Post:

An Shigao (2018-04-29), MnM (2018-04-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

I had heard/read that the pug was trained to raise its paw when it wanted a treat/food. I didn't see the video. I think it was ridiculous to charge "Count Dankula" with a hate crime. A year in jail is shocking to me.
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2018-04-29 at 02:34.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

MnM (2018-04-29)

Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    A year in jail is shocking to me.
    It should have been longer in prison!

When right wingers babble on about freedom of speech it usually means it's OK for anti-Jewish or anti-nonwhite sentiments to be aired.
    Last edited by voyager; 2018-04-29 at 09:31.
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    K1
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Blemish
    Flanders lion Netherlands European Union Belgium

1 year of prison for a joke. Yeah, heard of that news. It's ridiculous. Many of us made similar jokes about nazi symbolism and many of us also have about communist symbolism at that, without being neither (and you can't be both).

Is Scotland a Chinese province or so?

Anyway, he was just fined without any jail time, luckily. He still shouldn't have.
    Last edited by Danielion; 2018-04-29 at 09:38.
    "Political correctness is the (...) revenge of the (...) intolerant, (...) dunce upon all the liveliness in this world. It is no more than the (...) resort of minds (...) that, for them, a revival of Stalinism is preferable to the pain of a glimpse of self-it's the last sigh of the beast that Nietzsche identified as ressentiment."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danielion For This Useful Post:

~Elizabeth~ (2018-04-29)

Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    1 year of prison for a joke. Yeah, heard of that news. It's ridiculous. Many of us made similar jokes about nazi symbolism and many of us also have about communist symbolism at that, without being neither (and you can't be both).

Is Scotland a Chinese province or so?

Anyway, he was just fined without any jail time, luckily. He still shouldn't have.
    A joke? Really?
    Do you find the Belgian oppression in the colonial Congo or the Holocaust funny too?
    How many Jews find it funny?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    K1
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Blemish

Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    A joke? Really?
    Do you find the Belgian oppression in the colonial Congo or the Holocaust funny too?
    How many Jews find it funny?
    No. But a pug doing the nazi salute as a joke is pretty tame.

Example:
    "Political correctness is the (...) revenge of the (...) intolerant, (...) dunce upon all the liveliness in this world. It is no more than the (...) resort of minds (...) that, for them, a revival of Stalinism is preferable to the pain of a glimpse of self-it's the last sigh of the beast that Nietzsche identified as ressentiment."

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

I have to find the source again, but a similar incident occurred where a vet denied treating a cat because he was humorously named Hitler.

A similar incident occurred with a cat named Kitler. He was beaten:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...-markings.html

Honestly, it has to do with how the media treats Hitler as the bane of all evil.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    R-L21
    mtDNA
    K1
    Metaethnos
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Blemish

Context is important. You don't make cynical jokes when visiting Auschwitz or in front of survivors. However otherwise I think it's fine to joke about the nazis as a whole.

In my field there exists an unstable theoretical acid called orthocarbonic acid, also nicknamed Hitler's acid because of its Lewis structure having a swastika shape. Funny to most people.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Danielion For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2018-04-29)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    You don't make cynical jokes when visiting Auschwitz or in front of survivors.
    I agree making jokes is bad, but I honestly do not think that many Jews were gassed. It is just logistically impossible during war. Jews exaggerated the Holocaust saying stuff like Nazis making lampshades out of Jewish skin (proven false), a chamber with a bear that mauls them and an eagle that pecks their eyes (obviously false), and a machine that kills one during an orgasm (obviously BS). As you can tell, a lot of folklore about the Holocaust was spread, and I feel Auschwitz may as well be one too.

Any man who sheds a tear for Jewish narrative deserves to no longer be considered a man.

Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    I agree making jokes is bad, but I honestly do not think that many Jews were gassed. It is just logistically impossible during war. Jews exaggerated the Holocaust saying stuff like Nazis making lampshades out of Jewish skin (proven false), a chamber with a bear that mauls them and an eagle that pecks their eyes (obviously false), and a machine that kills one during an orgasm (obviously BS). As you can tell, a lot of folklore about the Holocaust was spread, and I feel Auschwitz may as well be one too.

Any man who sheds a tear for Jewish narrative deserves to no longer be considered a man.
    Anyone who denies the Holocaust is a dumb liar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast