User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Facebook biased against right-leaning thoughts and groups?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 85.71%
  • No

2 14.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Facebook’s Censorship490 days old

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

On topic: yes it is. Nationalism is an act of crimethought on FB, even if it comes from a non-white country. I can give you plenty of examples of censorship as far as my own neck of the woods is concerned.
    Last edited by El Andullero; 2018-04-29 at 22:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2018-08-15)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

The threads Facebook bans Richard Spencer and anti-Islam group and Facebook Takes Down Event Page for Anti-Caravan Protest merged into one thread, which has been renamed to Facebook’s Censorship.

39 OT posts moved to the thread (((Benjamin Netanyahu))) VS Hassan Rouhani [split] //mod.

/mod
    Last edited by NixYO; 2018-04-29 at 23:24.
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Facebook is a business which has one goal: to generate profit and to be sustainable. If it decides to act against certain ideologies then I believe its only done for marketing reasons and to avoid possible butthurt/lawsuits/negative PR or so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Acquisitorz For This Useful Post:

Esther (2018-08-15)

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    Facebook is a business which has one goal: to generate profit and to be sustainable. If it decides to act against certain ideologies then I believe its only done for marketing reasons and to avoid possible butthurt/lawsuits/negative PR or so.
    I know, they aren't different from the other corporations' MO, ever since these decided to co-opt the social justice movement and other such progressive idiocies from Occupy Wall Street onwards.
    Last edited by El Andullero; 2018-04-30 at 00:40.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

Acquisitorz (2018-04-30)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

The left-leaning Venezuelan news network Telesur was just deplatformed from Facebook:

https://www.rt.com/news/435961-teles...us-censorship/
    The decision by Facebook to delete left-leaning Latin American news network Telesur’s English language page with no explanation has only added to concerns over censorship and US government interference on the platform.

Having been deleted on Facebook earlier this year, Telesur had been “even more careful” with its posts and broke “absolutely none” of Facebook’s terms, former director of Telesur, Pablo Vivanco, told RT.

Vivanco believes there is no justification for the social media giant to have removed the page once again, stressing that on Telesur, there was “always a process to ensure accuracy and journalistic ethics.”

While Facebook admitted that it was a mistake the last time it took down Telesur’s page, there are fears the incidents are links in a chain of tightening government censorship of dissenting voices.

Speaking to RT, James Petras, Professor Emeritus at Binghamton University and an expert on Latin America said that the US government — which did not recognize the recent re-election of president Nicolás Maduro as legitimate and has placed fresh economic sanctions on the country — is engaged in “an attempt to overthrow the [Venezuelan] government” and that targeting uncooperative media was one way in which they were doing it.

Washington, Petras said, is using social media platforms like Facebook to “isolate” the country and Facebook is willingly trying to “ingratiate” itself with US authorities. “The US is at war now with Iran, Russia, China, the EU and Venezuela and any dissident voices, so as the authoritarian position of the US increases, Facebook and other media are under increasing pressure to abide by the line that comes out of Washington,” Petras said.

He also predicted that more censorship from Facebook was likely in the future and that it would be directly correlated with US warmaking and economic sanctions around the world. “They want to create a global opinion that abides by US policy,” he said.

Telesur’s Head of Web, Tatiana Rojas, told RT that the outlet was one of the only news sources reporting “from a different perspective than US mainstream media” on recent events in Venezuela, including the recent assassination attempt against Maduro.
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

Top Far Left Organizations Bragged About Working with Facebook and Twitter to Censor and Eliminate Conservative Content

Excerpt:
    In January 2017 after Hillary Clinton was shellacked in the November 2016 election top Democrat operatives at Media Matters, Share Blue, American Bridge, and CREW came together and released their two-year plan to take back power in Washington DC.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ative-content/
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2018-08-21 at 00:01. Reason: I didn't know my post went thru. My laptop froze. Deleting extra posts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

Janos (2018-08-24)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

Finally One Graphic Shows How Facebook Has Eliminated Conservative Content Since November 2016 Election (Click to Enlarge)

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-donald-trump/

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-09-14 @ 05:12
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    SouthWest English
    Phenotype
    Obsolete terminology
    GEDmatch
    A703943
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Seems like Facebook is cracking down on dissent, and working hard to make its platform a Disney family values safe space.

Source: Facebook expels alt-right figurehead

So, is this decision good or bad? I think it's a little bit of both. It's bad in the sense that Facebook is cracking down on free speech, which is really never a good thing. However, it's also good in the sense that people really shouldn't use Facebook, and the more inclusive Facebook is of anything other than attention whoring (at heart, Facebook is basically a dating app), the worse off we are. The fact that people use Facebook to discuss world events, promote their businesses or political parties or their books, and so on, all this is a problem. We're better off the day Facebook dies. And the more Facebook bans influential people, the better. Not saying Richard Spencer is a huge political figure, but if Facebook keeps it consistent and bans for example, Robert Spencer from Jihad Watch, Donald Trump, and basically anyone who has ever voiced support for restricting third world immigration or anti-Islamic views and so on, eventually, more and more people are going to leave Facebook, if they haven't been banned already.
    Most people are idiotic sheeple and have moved over from devoted communities, with special interests, like this one -- over to social media. Meanwhile , in the age of big data, they are being fleeced like sheep (they have no privacy) for their information. Not only do big corporations buy and sell this information but the NSA basically gobbles it up too. Anyone, who uses google, facebook, twitter etc.. etc.. is a moron. These kids nowadays think they are masters of technology because they have grown up with technology but give them something like a technical OpenBSD man page and they will not be able to decipher it. In the age of big data people need to be worried about wonky math algorithms false flagging them for certain things but they aren't because they are reckless innumerate morons.

BTW, see that windows icon as my OS ? I am not using windows figure that one out etc..
    Last edited by Pendragon1; 2018-09-05 at 12:35.
    Eurogenes K15 :

Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Southwest_English @ 4.214358

puntDNAL K12 Modern Oracle :

# Population (source) Distance
    1 English_South 2.54

http://www.celebrityendorsementads.c...hanel-coco.jpg

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-09-14 @ 05:12
    Y-DNA
    R1b-A228
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Race
    Europid
    Ethnicity
    SouthWest English
    Phenotype
    Obsolete terminology
    GEDmatch
    A703943
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    Generate profit by ass-raping for all the information they can glean from you : 0% privacy on facebook.
    Eurogenes K15 :

Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Southwest_English @ 4.214358

puntDNAL K12 Modern Oracle :

# Population (source) Distance
    1 English_South 2.54

http://www.celebrityendorsementads.c...hanel-coco.jpg

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

Facebook censorship is the main story from today's Breitbart:
    https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2018/...00000-for-ads/
    Facebook Deletes Disabled Veteran’s Page Without Warning — After Taking $300,000 for Ads

Facebook blacklisted the conservative news page run by disabled Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage with no warning or explanation — after he reportedly spent more than $300,000 on Facebook advertising.
    On his new website which aims to put an end to social media censorship, Air Force veteran and triple-amputee Brian Kolfage explains who he is and the challenges he’s facing stating: “I’m a veteran of The United States Air Force. I was severely wounded in Combat, on 9/11/2004 while serving in Iraq I lost both my legs entirely and my right hand. I’m the most severely wounded US Airman to survive.”

Kolfage continued: “I’m not a ‘conservative.’ I’m not a ‘liberal.’ I’m an American, with deep beliefs in what our country stands for. I proved this by vowing to protect and fighting for America greatest tenant: Free Speech. Many Americans have fought for these political freedoms … freedom of speech … and every American has enjoyed those freedoms… UNTIL TODAY. October 11th Facebook shut down thousands of Facebook accounts for their political opinions stating that they don’t have a ‘legitimate political argument’. STOP SOCIAL MEDIA CENSORSHIP NOW!”

Kolfage was the administrator of a number of Facebook pages, notably the pages Right Wing News and Military Grade Coffee, both of which were deleted recently as Facebook attempts to crack down on what it considers “misinformation” on the platform. Right Wing News had more than 3 million followers at the time of its blacklisting by Facebook.

In another Facebook post, Kolfage stated: “Facebook lied, they shut down my page because it was conservative, powerful, and the elections are in 2 weeks. We have MAJOR support flowing in all the way from the top of the Trump administration. Get ready!” Kolfage later said: “I’m not a ‘conservative.’ I’m not a ‘liberal.’ I’m an American, with deep beliefs in what our country stands for. I proved this by fighting for America, knowing I may not return home. My life was spared, but I paid for freedom with one arm and both my legs. I’ve given limbs, I’ve stared death in the face first hand. I’ve seen my legs blown to pieces and lost friends. Losing my limbs meant comparatively little to me because I gave it fighting for what I believed in; I believed America was the greatest country because we had freedom … and I’ve seen what oppression looks like. My sacrifices are nothing compared to what previous generations made in WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.”

Kolfage stated that he has invested a large amount of money into Facebook’s advertising system and his pages are one of the key ways that he earns money to support his family: “My income as a father and husband is threatened. This isn’t the right to free speech I gave my legs and arm to defend. Three limbs wasn’t enough for some… now my livelihood is gone with it. Facebook took down our Facebook page, cutting off all contact we had with the millions of people who signed up to follow us, the millions of people who liked what we were sharing online. We had a coveted, verified blue check mark, 3.5 Million fans, and I invested over $300,000 in ads at Facebook’s own request, nearly begging us to spend spend spend just to reach our fans… whom they kept making more difficult to reach with every passing year.”

Kolfage’s other page, Military Grade Coffee, which sold coffee was also deleted: “Facebook also deleted my other business page. I own a coffee company called Military Grade Coffee Company [which donates 10% of all profits back to veteran organizations]. We don’t post politics, we sell coffee and support veteran charities. Facebook is maliciously attacking my way of life because of my beliefs, and they don’t care. The New York Times even stated that Facebook made this calculated move to silence thousands of voices (and millions of forwarded messages) because of the upcoming midterm elections.”

But Kolfage has no plans to quietly allow Facebook to delete the pages and work he has invested thousands of hours into. “If I have to roll into their headquarters and sit there with people in the media, I will,” said Kolfage. “I will be there exposing everything they’ve done to me and my family and our employees. We’re going to take legal action if we don’t get our pages back. It’s just going to turn into a sloppy mess for them. I think they’ve underestimated what they’re dealing with, attacking me, attacking conservatives in general, right before the elections. Never once did Facebook come to us to say there was any issue with RWN or our other pages. Never. But they sure loved taking our money.”

Breitbart News reached out to Facebook for comment on the deletion of Brian Kolfage’s pages but has yet to receive a response from the social media firm.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

ApostateAbe (2019-03-31), MnM (2018-10-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast