User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: African genetic diversity vs. the race concept304 days old

  1. #21
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2018-06-01 @ 20:51
    Join Date
    2018-04-23
    Posts
    17
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Try to understand what I'm saying, before you disagree with me.
    Top marks for arrogance, not so much for content.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #22
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:11
    Join Date
    2018-01-27
    Posts
    694
    Gender

    Default

    That girl looks pretty much intermediate between the two in terms of features and skin colour - loose curls rather than tight frizz, light brown/brownish skin and fine features.

    If the mother’s traits were recessive, the girl would either be just like her dad or just like her mum, not inbetween the two.
    Last edited by Reason1234; 2018-04-24 at 19:43.

  4. #23
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:11
    Join Date
    2018-01-27
    Posts
    694
    Gender

    Default

    Who are those people?

  5. #24
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,444
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemikev View Post
    Top marks for arrogance, not so much for content.
    Let's be clear on one thing: I definitely have my fair share of arrogance, but that wasn't me being arrogant. That was me trying to tell you, understand what I'm saying before you disagree with me. I said this because I actually know what I'm talking about, and you don't.

    Now you're of course allowed to disagree with me all you like, but understand that I'm basically of the same opinion as you and Reason1234. Since both of you seem too autistic to get the memo, allow me to spoon-feed you what's what, so that there won't be any misunderstanding from now on: of course I don't think Assyrians or Europeans or east Asians are "recessive niggers". Yes, there's considerable genetic differences between all non-Negroes, and Negroes. Yes, Caucasoids and Mongoloids are two different racial clusters that are unmistakably different genetic isolates from sub-Saharan Africans, and geographically separated by tens of thousands up to more than 100,000 years of geographic barriers from black African Negroes. No one is a stronger proponent of the very scientific notion that Europeans and all Middle Easterners (including the 25% Negro admixed Berbers/Mozabites) belong to a different race from sub-Saharan Africans.

    But that's not what you're POV-pushing in this thread, mikemikev. You're trying to argue that the high genetic variation among sub-Saharan Africans, isn't real, or an "assumption", or maybe the result of archaic admixture from back-migrations, and so on; you're wrong on all accounts here. And I'm telling you, in this context, of Out of Africa, the high genetic variation among Negroes and so on, that we Eurasians, are basically "recessive niggers". The reason why I very specifically used this expression, was simply a nod to some of the old school black forum posters here on ABF, specifically @Game Theory and his posse (like his troll buddy @Venom ), who back in the days used to call us that, recessive niggers. And also because it's pretty much true, especially when we're put into the context of Neanderthals, and other extinct homo lineages, then yeah, our very real and substantial genetic differences with Negroes, are dwarfed by the much greater genetic differences with Neanderthals etcetera. This is why if we include Neanderthals, Denisovans, homo erectus, chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans and so on, we pretty much appear as recessive Negroes in the wider picture.

    But you and Reason1234 just didn't understand what I'm saying, and replied with autistic, literal interpretations (or maybe Reason1234 was trolling, difficult to say, surely he can't be that slow to believe I literally meant that the only genetic difference between us and Negroes, is a couple of recessive genes????) about Assyrian mulattoes and so on.

    Anyway, yes, there have been some back migrations after Out of Africa, but these back migrations didn't contribute a lot of gene flow, certainly not enough anyway, to explain the genetic variation among black Africans being the highest in the world. For one thing, sub-Saharan Africans lack the genes for blue eyes, blond/red/brown hair and white skin (albinos don't count, because their albino genes aren't the same as our pigmentation genes). That's an example of some of the genetic variation which black Africans lack, and wasn't brought back with the back migrations.

    Anyway, to answer your topic question, race is genetic variation within a species, but more than genetic variation, race is "shared ancestry", or a better description would be, genetic similarity.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Reason1234 View Post
    Who are those people?
    Assyrian gold-digger / trophy wife Larsa Younan and her black basketball husband Scottie Pippen, and their mulatto child.

    You can by the way, use the edit function; you don't have to make a new post five minutes after your previous post, for a simple 18 letters question
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2018-04-24 at 22:04.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

    thetick (2018-04-24)

  7. #25
    Regular Member
    Junior Member
    Last Online
    2018-06-01 @ 20:51
    Join Date
    2018-04-23
    Posts
    17
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    of course I don't think Assyrians or Europeans or east Asians are "recessive niggers".
    Good. It's really just a silly and irrelevant thing to say. Sorry if accuracy is "autism".

    You're trying to argue that the high genetic variation among sub-Saharan Africans, isn't real, or an "assumption", or maybe the result of archaic admixture from back-migrations, and so on;
    I'm putting that up for debate. I'd really expect some data on it...

    you're wrong on all accounts here.
    ...and not repeated assertions.

    that we Eurasians, are basically "recessive niggers".
    Oh dear.

    Anyway, yes, there have been some back migrations after Out of Africa, but these back migrations didn't contribute a lot of gene flow, certainly not enough anyway, to explain the genetic variation among black Africans being the highest in the world. For one thing, sub-Saharan Africans lack the genes for blue eyes, blond/red/brown hair and white skin (albinos don't count, because their albino genes aren't the same as our pigmentation genes). That's an example of some of the genetic variation which black Africans lack, and wasn't brought back with the back migrations.
    One example of a gene isn't really conclusive re. the totality of genetic variation.

    Anyway, to answer your topic question, race is genetic variation within a species, but more than genetic variation, race is "shared ancestry", or a better description would be, genetic similarity.
    Shared ancestry and genetic similarity are different things and produce different classifications. I agree race can be defined by either of these things. I believe I've already stated this in the thread. My question is largely concerning African diversity, common parroted to be significantly higher, but rarely with any supporting data. My source suggests African variation is not that high when Eurasian ancestry is masked. Is it wrong? I really don't know.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2017-06-15, 21:44
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2017-04-18, 06:54
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2017-04-17, 16:36
  4. Pedophilia, race, concept,
    By dhal in forum Behavioural Neuroscience
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2016-05-22, 14:56
  5. African diversity/European diversity question.
    By Game Theory in forum Race & Ethnicity in Society
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2016-04-01, 09:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<