User Tag List

Thread: 13-Year-Old Boy Regains Consciousness After Parents Sign Organ Donation Papers18 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Mostly British
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Politics
    Trump. No amnesty!
    Religion
    Christianity
    Northern Ireland Scotland United States England Wales

Default 13-Year-Old Boy Regains Consciousness After Parents Sign Organ Donation Papers

A 13-year-old boy in Alabama who suffered a severe brain injury in a vehicle accident miraculously regained consciousness after his parents signed organ donation papers.

Trenton McKinley, of Mobile, suffered seven skull fractures in an accident two months ago when the small utility trailer he rode flipped over and landed on his head.

“I hit the concrete, and the trailer landed on top of my head. After that, I don’t remember anything,” Trenton told WALA.

Doctors gave his parents little hope that he would ever recover from the accident, telling his mother he “would never be normal” if he did.

“All I saw was a stretcher with his feet hanging out. He was dead a total of 15 minutes,” Trenton’s mother, Jennifer Reindl, said. “When he came back, they said he would never be normal again. They told me the oxidation problems would be so bad to his brain, that he would be a vegetable if he even made it.”

Reindl made the heart-wrenching decision to sign papers allowing Trenton’s’ organs to be donated to five children needing transplants when Trenton could no longer breathe without life support.

“Five kids needed organs that matched him,” Reindl said. “It was unfair to keep bringing him back, because it was just damaging his organs even more.”

But the day before doctors were scheduled to end Trenton’s life support and declare him brain dead, the boy showed signs of brain activity and movement. Eventually, Trenton began breathing without assistance and speaking in full sentences.

Trenton’s recovery is still ongoing— he suffers from nerve pain and seizures and has to undergo surgery to reconnect a missing piece of his skull, but his mother is optimistic that her son is getting stronger each day.

“From no brain waves to now walking and talking and reading, doing math. A miracle,” she said.

A Facebook fundraising page for the boy set up by his family raised more than $11,000 as of Monday afternoon, well beyond its initial goal of $4,000.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nation-papers/

It's a miracle he survived. I think the doctors were wrong to push the parents in agreeing to give up their son's organs. I don't want to be looked at for body parts. I was once for organ donation but I'm against it if the patient is still ALIVE. I don't consider brain-dead to be dead.

Is brain-dead really dead?
    What do you think about organ donation?
    Any other comments/thoughts are welcome.
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2018-05-08 at 10:12.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

MnM (2018-05-08)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

As I told earlier my drunk older brother died under a car in Italy after drinking too much grappa. Actually he didn't die immediately. He was put into coma for a week, but he didn't wake after the coma drug was stopped. Doctors use induced coma to protect brain from ischemic damage after accidents. But they screwed up and didn't check the brain fluid pressure after the induced coma. He didn't wake because his brain pressure was far too high and this condition lasted 40 days, causing more brain damages. After doctors finally found the high pressure condition and made necessary operations, he immediately woke up, but it was too late, the brain damage was too bad and he died after a week consciousness. What I am telling, is that the coma isn't an exact diagnose,because doctors don't know why their patients react on simple coma tests showing deep unconsciousness.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemminkäinen For This Useful Post:

MnM (2018-05-08), ~Elizabeth~ (2018-05-08)