proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Hmm okay, so is malnourishment the cause of their late first menstruation?
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:13
    Y-DNA
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    What's Meta-Ethnos?
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Phenotype
    many of these, I think
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Hmm okay, so is malnourishment the cause of their late first menstruation?
    Yes. More specifically, I expect it is an epigenetic response to a scarcity of food.

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    Yes. More specifically, I expect it is an epigenetic response to a scarcity of food.
    It's questionable how much proper nutrition would improve their IQ levels. Obviously not eating well will screw up not only hormones but also menstruation and other puberty developments. We do know that intelligence is also affected to some extent, by nutrition. For example, serious B12 deficiency will fuck up your nerves and brain in general, and it's irreversible too.

But as far as the menstruation issue, the most obvious correlation I can see on that graph, is malnutrition; it has nothing to do with microwaves or plastics or genetics or whatever. The issue here is malnourishment. Their IQ levels could also improve by a solid diet, but it's questionable if they could get a mean IQ of 100, if they were fed a proper diet, because black Americans haven't reached it yet, and they're not starving Haiti-style last I checked.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-07-31 @ 12:31
    Israel Star of David India United States France

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    Also, aren't they like, still hunter-gatherers in Papua New Guinea?
    Nope! They had agriculture before Assyrians and they wuz kangz n shiet:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...riculture.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricu...pua_New_Guinea

Australians are the ones who never transitioned to agriculture. Papuans did.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-07-21 @ 14:50
    R1b-SRY 2627 - A7080
    mtDNA
    H5a1f
    Phenotype
    Archaic Nomenclature
    Politics
    Not a Fan
    GEDmatch
    M202348
    United States Germany Poland Poland Volhynia Switzerland Scotland

It's because of diet. The countries with the highest age have in general more nutritional deficiencies. The second factor in most developed countries is all the hormones in meat and dairy that accelerate the age. You can see a similar spectrum if one looks at height which is also influenced negatively with nutritional deficiencies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to thetick For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2018-05-16)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Meh
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Low body fat can delay the onset of menstruation and even stop it, it’s also common in athletes (before advances in nutritional supplementation, this was quite common among female Olympic athletes), but you’re acting like people in these countries are perpetually starving.

Sustenance farming is more common in those parts of the world, and yes, sustinence farming raises the risk of famine because you are at the mercy of the weather, so droughts are a big deal, but it doesn’t happen all the time.

As for epigenetics? Well, in that case wouldn’t Europeans have it too? There was famine in Europe. The theory of higher rates of lactose tolerance among Europeans is an adaptation that came about from famine. If you killed the cow, you only ate until you ran out of beef, but if you kept the cow alive and ate the dairy it produced, in the form of milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir, butter, whey etc., you have a rich source of protein and fats that can last longer. That and all humans have a natural adaptation to survive famines in the form of our natural gravitation to high calorie foods, which actually activate the same reward centres of the brain that some illegal drugs do, because you can store the excess calories as fat to burn later... this shows up today as obesity, and junk food creators have pretty much hacked this part of our brains. That and any decent weight loss program will never suggest eating less than 1200 calories per day, because if you eat less, your metabolism slows down and what you do eat gets automatically gets stored as fat because your body thinks you’re experiencing famine... then your metabolism pretty much slows down for life in preparation for more famines, this is why most people who lose weight by going on restrictive diets gain it all back and then some.

Sustinence farming would mean less exposure to hormones and chemicals because people are just growing their own food to feed their families. Most people in Senegal, where the age is the oldest, have their own gardens. I have also never heard of large scale famine there.

Women in those countries start at an age when you’re supposed to start your period, 13 to 16, really. I started when I was 12, early 12 (12th birthday actually), and because of that, I had to start getting mammograms at a younger age because starting that young raises your risk of breast cancer. Early menarche and breast cancer are caused by high levels of the same hormones, this is why younger breast cancer patients are forced into menopause during treatment, and some are even advised to have their uterus and ovaries removed.

And because breast cancer runs in my family, I have been told by my doctor to cut back on meat (he even suggested going completely vegan at least one day a week) and never reheat stuff in the microwave in a plastic container or covered with plastic wrap... and actually, the government here banned BPA, a type of plastic known to be carcinogenic, a few years ago and put out a recommendation to throw away all your old Tupperware and water bottles, and most Tupperware in the stores now is glass, and soft drinks are either in glass bottles (Coke in the old school glass bottles tastes so much better) or a type of biodegradable plastic. It’s only dangerous if exposed to heat, so reheating something in the microwave or leaving a bottled drink in a hot car or in the sun.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Menelik (2018-05-16), Pioterus (2018-05-17)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    What's Meta-Ethnos?
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Phenotype
    many of these, I think
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Low body fat can delay the onset of menstruation and even stop it, it’s also common in athletes (before advances in nutritional supplementation, this was quite common among female Olympic athletes), but you’re acting like people in these countries are perpetually starving.

Sustenance farming is more common in those parts of the world, and yes, sustinence farming raises the risk of famine because you are at the mercy of the weather, so droughts are a big deal, but it doesn’t happen all the time.

As for epigenetics? Well, in that case wouldn’t Europeans have it too? There was famine in Europe. The theory of higher rates of lactose tolerance among Europeans is an adaptation that came about from famine. If you killed the cow, you only ate until you ran out of beef, but if you kept the cow alive and ate the dairy it produced, in the form of milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir, butter, whey etc., you have a rich source of protein and fats that can last longer. That and all humans have a natural adaptation to survive famines in the form of our natural gravitation to high calorie foods, which actually activate the same reward centres of the brain that some illegal drugs do, because you can store the excess calories as fat to burn later... this shows up today as obesity, and junk food creators have pretty much hacked this part of our brains. That and any decent weight loss program will never suggest eating less than 1200 calories per day, because if you eat less, your metabolism slows down and what you do eat gets automatically gets stored as fat because your body thinks you’re experiencing famine... then your metabolism pretty much slows down for life in preparation for more famines, this is why most people who lose weight by going on restrictive diets gain it all back and then some.

Sustinence farming would mean less exposure to hormones and chemicals because people are just growing their own food to feed their families. Most people in Senegal, where the age is the oldest, have their own gardens. I have also never heard of large scale famine there.

Women in those countries start at an age when you’re supposed to start your period, 13 to 16, really. I started when I was 12, early 12 (12th birthday actually), and because of that, I had to start getting mammograms at a younger age because starting that young raises your risk of breast cancer. Early menarche and breast cancer are caused by high levels of the same hormones, this is why younger breast cancer patients are forced into menopause during treatment, and some are even advised to have their uterus and ovaries removed.

And because breast cancer runs in my family, I have been told by my doctor to cut back on meat (he even suggested going completely vegan at least one day a week) and never reheat stuff in the microwave in a plastic container or covered with plastic wrap... and actually, the government here banned BPA, a type of plastic known to be carcinogenic, a few years ago and put out a recommendation to throw away all your old Tupperware and water bottles, and most Tupperware in the stores now is glass, and soft drinks are either in glass bottles (Coke in the old school glass bottles tastes so much better) or a type of biodegradable plastic. It’s only dangerous if exposed to heat, so reheating something in the microwave or leaving a bottled drink in a hot car or in the sun.
    Great points. I know that keeping plastic out of the microwave is a good idea, but the link to an early age of menarche seems possible but unlikely at this point. Maybe environmental contributions to the age of menarche can be best isolated with twin studies, and the odd proposed variables can be tested.

Senegal is poor and vulnerable to droughts and flooding. The article by Heylighen and Bernheim, 2016, "From Quantity to Quality of Life," made the point that an epigenetic response need not follow from a persisting environmental state but merely a persisting RISK. They proposed that stress hormones provoke epigenetic responses. Speed of development would be polygenic, so I speculate that a greater frequency of famines with a greater sustained risk would lead to more epigenetic responses of slower development.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    What's Meta-Ethnos?
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Phenotype
    many of these, I think
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

The correlation between GDP per capita and age of menarche is slightly lower, at r = -0.43. Maybe I will do a multivariate analysis and see if GDP per capita has any effect after controlling for IQ.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Meh
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    Great points. I know that keeping plastic out of the microwave is a good idea, but the link to an early age of menarche seems possible but unlikely at this point. Maybe environmental contributions to the age of menarche can be best isolated with twin studies, and the odd proposed variables can be tested.

Senegal is poor and vulnerable to droughts and flooding. The article by Heylighen and Bernheim, 2016, "From Quantity to Quality of Life," made the point that an epigenetic response need not follow from a persisting environmental state but merely a persisting RISK. They proposed that stress hormones provoke epigenetic responses. Speed of development would be polygenic, so I speculate that a greater frequency of famines with a greater sustained risk would lead to more epigenetic responses of slower development.
    Stress hormones can alter all people who experience scarcity regardless of ethnicity or location. I know you will probably claim it’s liberal bias but I suggest you read the study “The Authoritarians” by Bob Altemeyer, who found a link between a mother being stressed out during pregnancy due to scarcity and the child having authoritarian political views in adulthood. And this study was done on Canadians, not Africans. This might explain why poorer countries tend to be less democratic, however.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    What's Meta-Ethnos?
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Phenotype
    many of these, I think
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    Stress hormones can alter all people who experience scarcity regardless of ethnicity or location. I know you will probably claim it’s liberal bias but I suggest you read the study “The Authoritarians” by Bob Altemeyer, who found a link between a mother being stressed out during pregnancy due to scarcity and the child having authoritarian political views in adulthood. And this study was done on Canadians, not Africans. This might explain why poorer countries tend to be less democratic, however.
    Thanks, it has been years since I have seen that study, and I will take another look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast