User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 66

Thread: United Kingdom in World War II [split] //mod 🇬🇧482 days old

  1. #11
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,193
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    What are you gibbering about?
    Who said anything about the Phoney War leading to surrender?
    Is English your first language?

    Who could have matched Churchill as a war leader among all the incompetent and weak politicians around him?
    Who?
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-25)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #12
    Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist NixYO's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-04-07
    Posts
    2,577
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    N-CTS2929
    mtDNA
    I4
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Politics
    Nationalism
    Religion
    Christianity
    Sweden Finland Kalmar Union Sweden Tre Kronor Russia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    3) as for your article: error 404 article not found, but I'm assuming it was some historian against whom I can't argue because I only have a degree in history rather than being a published author. If I, too, find one of the many historians who disagrees with you, or maybe a zany one with a zany perspective, will my appeal to authority trump yours?

    F/e, there's an article by a published historian in last month's History magazine that says the RAF won WWII. As an actual historian wrote that article, you are not allowed to contest that idea until you publish a history book.
    I found a working link here: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/history/...the-Nazis.html
    “And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it, it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it.” — Michel Houellebecq

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NixYO For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-25), voyager (2018-05-25)

  6. #13
    Established Member
    I'll set you a-quiver Longbowman's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-27 @ 20:01
    Join Date
    2015-01-26
    Posts
    851
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Desert Nomad
    Ethnicity
    Ashkephardic
    Phenotype
    Judaean Highlander
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Sadducee
    GEDmatch
    M392217
    United Kingdom Italy England Wales United States Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    What are you gibbering about?
    Who said anything about the Phoney War leading to surrender?
    Is English your first language?
    Go back and re-read, but calmly. Take a few minutes or hours as needs be, and consider what stage Britain was at when Churchill became PM.

    Who could have matched Churchill as a war leader among all the incompetent and weak politicians around him?
    Who?
    This is irrelevant, obviously he was the best choice, but pointing that out is a strawman argument considering you originally contested that he was the only thing between the British Empire and capitulation. At the very least he had allies (f/e long-time lieutenant and future PM Eden), and I hold that most of his detractors would also have at least tried to fight on - as even Chamberlain attempted, in the end.

    Very very disappointing, voyager, and, once again, for the third or fourth time: how am I a bigot?

    For the second time, I ask: where did you go to uni? Purely interested because you tried to use my assumed alma mater against me as an ad-hom attack to undermine my credibility because you have no actual argument of your own, you understand.
    Last edited by Longbowman; 2018-05-25 at 22:19.
    Click here for definitive proof that the holocaust never happened!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    I am technically not schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    Please remember that I'm carrying a loaded gun. Next time, you'd better shift your tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I think it would be awesome to be Cartman [...] translated to real life, Cartman is [...] Donald Trump
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2djcahy.jpg

  7. #14
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,193
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    Churchill WAS the only man capable of keeping the British in the war with Hitler.
    Read Johnson's article. NixYO provided you with another link.

    Take your time. Hours if you need to.
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-26)

  9. #15
    Established Member
    I'll set you a-quiver Longbowman's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-27 @ 20:01
    Join Date
    2015-01-26
    Posts
    851
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Desert Nomad
    Ethnicity
    Ashkephardic
    Phenotype
    Judaean Highlander
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Sadducee
    GEDmatch
    M392217
    United Kingdom Italy England Wales United States Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Churchill WAS the only man capable of keeping the British in the war with Hitler.
    Read Johnson's article. NixYO provided you with another link.

    Take your time. Hours if you need to.
    1) Answer my questions (bigotry, university)
    2) Answer my points rather than screaming about someone else's argument
    3) I read BoJo's clickbait. Churchill being the man who said no to Halifax tabling the Italians' suggestion =/= Churchill being the only man capable of saying no. Churchill was the man that said no, that's all, because, quite rightly, he had been made PM. Even his own article points out he had plenty of allies who supported him and would have made the same call, many of whom were stronger than Halifax, whose opposition to the war effort is by implication massively overstated for dramatic effect in this article, anyway.

    What uni did you go to that you swallow article headlines like this? that you would think, anyway, that an opinion piece by BoJo is in any way authoritative? Can't you reword his arguments for yourself, anyway? Really, the most important sentence, the most telling one, anyway, in that article, is the final one, in bold, which indicates he's trying to sell a book on Churchill by being hyperbolic in the Telegraph, for which this proven fraudster, embellisher and liar is paid through the nose. There are better authors to read on the matter, and you, an alleged history graduate, should know that.

    Dishonest and lacking credibility, voyager, very disappointing. I thought better of you.
    Last edited by Longbowman; 2018-05-25 at 22:31.
    Click here for definitive proof that the holocaust never happened!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    I am technically not schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    Please remember that I'm carrying a loaded gun. Next time, you'd better shift your tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I think it would be awesome to be Cartman [...] translated to real life, Cartman is [...] Donald Trump
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2djcahy.jpg

  10. #16
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,193
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    Believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

    I don't like Boris Johnson either but I go with his take on things here.
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-26)

  12. #17
    Established Member
    I'll set you a-quiver Longbowman's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-27 @ 20:01
    Join Date
    2015-01-26
    Posts
    851
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Desert Nomad
    Ethnicity
    Ashkephardic
    Phenotype
    Judaean Highlander
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Sadducee
    GEDmatch
    M392217
    United Kingdom Italy England Wales United States Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

    I don't like Boris Johnson either but I go with his take on things here.
    Whatever sells him his books amirite? Now be so kind as to explain how I'm a bigot, and share with us all what university you attended.
    Click here for definitive proof that the holocaust never happened!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    I am technically not schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    Please remember that I'm carrying a loaded gun. Next time, you'd better shift your tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I think it would be awesome to be Cartman [...] translated to real life, Cartman is [...] Donald Trump
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2djcahy.jpg

  13. #18
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,193
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Whatever sells him his books amirite? Now be so kind as to explain how I'm a bigot, and share with us all what university you attended.
    Give it a rest, you patronising, pompous git.
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-26)

  15. #19
    Established Member
    I'll set you a-quiver Longbowman's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-27 @ 20:01
    Join Date
    2015-01-26
    Posts
    851
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Gender
    Age
    25
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1c1a
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Desert Nomad
    Ethnicity
    Ashkephardic
    Phenotype
    Judaean Highlander
    Politics
    None
    Religion
    Sadducee
    GEDmatch
    M392217
    United Kingdom Italy England Wales United States Israel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager View Post
    Give it a rest, you patronising, pompous git.
    More random insults to cover up your complete failings in this thread. No answer for six posts? I'll draw my own conclusions (ones I, and everyone else reading this thread, made immediately, but it was more fun this way):

    1) You just throw around random pejoratives because you worked yourself up over being challenged, and have nothing to back them up with, rendering them, even the ones that are plausible, meaningless, and
    2) You went to a university that is probably less prestigious than UCL.

    Enjoy you day, let me know how BoJo's book read.
    Click here for definitive proof that the holocaust never happened!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    I am technically not schizophrenic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodeuwedd View Post
    Please remember that I'm carrying a loaded gun. Next time, you'd better shift your tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    I think it would be awesome to be Cartman [...] translated to real life, Cartman is [...] Donald Trump
    http://i67.tinypic.com/2djcahy.jpg

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Longbowman For This Useful Post:

    beyoku (2018-05-29)

  17. #20
    Established Member
    Slayer of Bullshit
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    3,193
    Gender
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    European
    Phenotype
    UP/Atlanto-Med
    Religion
    All's fair in love&war

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    More random insults to cover up your complete failings in this thread. No answer for six posts? I'll draw my own conclusions (ones I, and everyone else reading this thread, made immediately, but it was more fun this way):

    1) You just throw around random pejoratives because you worked yourself up over being challenged, and have nothing to back them up with, rendering them, even the ones that are plausible, meaningless, and
    2) You went to a university that is probably less prestigious than UCL.

    Enjoy you day, let me know how BoJo's book read.
    Better Bojo than Bozo (you).
    METALLURGY CAME FROM ANATOLIA AND THE LEVANT.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager For This Useful Post:

    Power77 (2018-05-28)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. United Kingdom General Election 2017
    By Skomand in forum Current Affairs & Politics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2017-06-11, 22:36
  2. Immigration to the United Kingdom
    By SomaliSuldaan in forum Seeds of Albion and Erin
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2016-08-30, 02:11
  3. The English (Ethnicity of the United Kingdom)
    By EnglishMan2010 in forum Europe
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2013-01-01, 01:55
  4. GDP : Brazil surpassed the United Kingdom and France
    By Bandeirante in forum Economics
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 2011-08-26, 00:57
  5. Border Force United Kingdom
    By windie in forum Arts & Culture
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-05-06, 20:52

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<