User Tag List

Thread: Hindu Nationalists Call For Forced Expulsion Of Christians From India, Trample Pope’s Image111 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    United States

Default Hindu Nationalists Call For Forced Expulsion Of Christians From India, Trample Pope’s Image

I've heard of Jewish-Muslim clashes, and Muslim-Christian clashes, Muslim-Hindu clashes, etc, but I never heard of Hindus being anti-Christian before.

This is what is going on in India:

Hindu nationalists openly called for a Christian-free India, accused Christians of supporting terrorism and trampled an image of Pope Francis in a recently published online video.

The group, led by Hindu leader Om Swami Maharaj, chanted “Pope Francis murdabad,” translated as “down with Pope Francis,” after Maharaj called for the forceful expulsion of Christians from India, according to Crux Now. Hindu nationalists spread the video online in response to Delhi Archbishop Anil Couto’s appeal to India’s Catholics to fast and pray in the lead-up to 2019’s elections.

“We are witnessing a turbulent political atmosphere which poses a threat to the democratic principles enshrined in our constitution and the secular fabric of our nation,” Cuoto’s appeal read.

“It is our hallowed practice to pray for our country and its political leaders all the time but all the more so when we approach the general elections. As we look forward towards 2019 when we will have new government, let us begin a prayer campaign for our country from May 13.”

Cuoto also attached a written prayer to the appeal.

“May the ethos of true democracy envelop our elections with dignity and the flames of honest patriotism enkindle our political leaders. This is our cry, Heavenly Father, in these troubled times as we see the clouds eclipsing the light of truth, justice and freedom,” Cuoto’s prayer read.

Several leaders of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party objected to Cuoto’s appeal and to his prayer, calling it divisive and accusing him of meddling in India’s politics. One BJP member of parliament even called for the Indian government to sever diplomatic relations with the Vatican.

The PM must direct MEA to scrap the diplomatic relations with Vatican and seal the its Embassy in Chanakyapuri because the Archbishop is a formal nominee of the Vatican

— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) May 23, 2018

Cuoto responded that he and fellow Indian Catholics pray and fast regularly and that his appeal was in no way an attempt to meddle in India’s government.

“I’m not meddling in partisan politics. Absolutely not,” Cuoto said. “But we’re really praying that nation should walk in right direction.”

Hindu nationalist attacks on Christians in 2017 doubled from those recorded in 2016, coming to a total of 736 attacks compared to 2016’s 348.

Shibu Thomas, founder of Persecution Relief, said the attacks follow a growing trend among Hindu nationalists of accusing Christians of committing acts of sedition and thereby portraying them as threats to India’s national security

The trend “is a clear indication that those opposed to Christians want to portray them as serious threats to the nation’s safety and security,” Thomas told UCA News.
    http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/05/hi...st-christians/

Anyone here interested in this subject?
    Are there any Hindus here? What do you think of Christians?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-09-21 @ 20:51

Well, I'm sure the fact that British Christians brutally oppressed India for decades has nothing to do with it?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WitoldPilecki For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2018-06-06)

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist The American's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    K1a3a1
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Celtic and Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    European-American.
    Politics
    Independent.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    United States United Kingdom Ireland France Germany Netherlands

The Hindoo fanatics are only following the example of the Tipoo Sultan, who supposedly fed redcoats to his pet tigers.
    The publicity I have been getting, a good deal of which is untrue, and the rest of it ill considered, has done me more harm than good.
    General George S. Patton

Amnesty Member
    Molecular Biologist The American's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:05
    Y-DNA
    R-P311
    mtDNA
    K1a3a1
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    Celtic and Germanic.
    Ethnicity
    European-American.
    Politics
    Independent.
    Religion
    Roman Catholic.
    United States United Kingdom Ireland France Germany Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I've heard of Jewish-Muslim clashes, and Muslim-Christian clashes, Muslim-Hindu clashes, etc, but I never heard of Hindus being anti-Christian before.

This is what is going on in India:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/05/hi...st-christians/

Anyone here interested in this subject?
    Are there any Hindus here? What do you think of Christians
    ?
    I have a modicum of wary respect for Muslims bc they consider Catholics to be 'ppl of the book' and they also venerate Mary Most Holy and the Savior Jesus Christ, i.e. which the Muslims call a prophet and the messiah; I have no respect for Hindoos bc they equate Him to the level of some kind of guru or a yoga master.
    The publicity I have been getting, a good deal of which is untrue, and the rest of it ill considered, has done me more harm than good.
    General George S. Patton

Last Online
    2018-07-02 @ 05:12

Makes no sense, they’re such a small minority.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

Quote Originally Posted by WitoldPilecki View Post
    Well, I'm sure the fact that British Christians brutally oppressed India for decades has nothing to do with it?
    Without talking politics and own opinions, it could be the issue. Last week I talked with a Bangladeshi taxi driver about this same topic and his opinion was that all this religious fight between Hindus, Muslims and Christians is a legacy of British colonial rule. I don't know how, maybe someone wants to explain.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemminkäinen For This Useful Post:

Pioterus (2018-06-06)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Meh
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Without talking politics and own opinions, it could be the issue. Last week I talked with a Bangladeshi taxi driver about this same topic and his opinion was that all this religious fight between Hindus, Muslims and Christians is a legacy of British colonial rule. I don't know how, maybe someone wants to explain.
    The British used to play them against eachother, propping up one group. It was usually Muslims over Hindus (only 2% of India is Christian so not many of them). Then there is the whole issue with the partition which screwed both Hindus in Pakistan and Muslims in India. Then you have the whole Kashmir issue.

Modern Hindu nationalists are kind of nuts, though. There are a lot of them here in Canada too. When you hear about far right street marches in Canada, people assume it’s all white folks, but that is not true, most of them are Hindu. And politicians of that type mostly target Hindu voters in the vote-rich Toronto suburbs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Lemminkäinen (2018-06-07)

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2018-07-31 @ 12:31
    Israel Star of David India United States France

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    only 2% of India is Christian so not many of them
    Almost as many as entire population of Canada!

Last Online
    2018-08-10 @ 00:23

Don't take this news seriously. There are a few extremists in every part of the world, nothing is actually going to happen to Indian Christians.
    And where would they expel them to? Most Indian Christians (and people of other religions throughout South Asia) are native converts.