User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where does my Maternal Haplogroup originate? And what could it possibly be?404 days old

Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-29 @ 14:26
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

Default Where does my Maternal Haplogroup originate? And what could it possibly be?

Sup guys, so a a half year or year back or so i took the Wegene test, the ethnicity results sucked ass. But the haplogroups is something im very confused about.

It gave me for my Paternal Haplogroup: R1b1a1a2a1a2c1

and for my Maternal Haplogroup: L1'2'3'4'5'6

^^^^ yes, you heard me right. fukkin L1'2'3 etc etc, how is that possible?

Isnt it most common in "Pygmies" and such? also Nelson Mandela seemed to have this mtDNA aswell...

this is what it says:

Spoiler: 

Haplogroup: Haplogroup L1, sister group of Haplogroup L2-L6, subclade of Haplogroup L1-L6
    Region: Middle Africa
    Distribution: Middle Africa and West Africa
    Population: Pygmy and Baka
    People in this haplogroup:
    Nelson Mandela

^ is this even possible? like the people in my mom's family are very short, thats for sure. My mom was 1.62cm i think, and one of my aunts is 1.56cm probably, im one of the tallest in my family cuz im mixed with white american.

If it isnt possible, where would you say my family could originate from then? what i do know is that they DEFINITELY have influences from both West africa
    Spoiler: 
    Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, and maybe Mali or Senegal
    and Central Africa bantu
    Spoiler: 
    Congolese/Angolan, and or other groups

What do you guys think? Is my mtDNA haplogroup possibly L1? or is it L2? let me know guys. idk whether to trust this test because it gave me super bad results. only 25.71% african, 72.57% european, and 1.6% amerind or something, i dont trust this test.

it gave me 55% french, 9% finnish? and 8% hungarian (no scandinavian ancestry, OR hungarian for that matter)

lemme know guys i do want to know where my haplogroup is from. maybe that'll help clear up some questions about my african ancestry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-09-12)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship
    African Union(OAS) United States

Your have the most interesting MTDNA result I have ever seen...if it is what it is.....and it probably is.
    1 - Where did you test?
    2 - Its not Pygmy....it probably East, Central, or North African....based on the phylogeny of where such a split may have happened.

First lets talk about what it isn't......Its NOT L0....and its NOT just L1.

The Root of Maternal diversity basically has L0. L0 has MAINLY Southern And Eastern representatives in the form of L0d in South Africa. And L0a'b'f'k' in East Africa. L0a'b'f'k is FURTHER split with with L0a'b'f being East African...and L0k having Southern Representatives. I know one East African that is L0a'b'f. A map of that phylogeny can be found Here .

The Lineage YOU carry would be the sister lineage of L0, your lineage sits at the root to everything that is NOT L0.....all the way at the root before any of the other splits had taken place. You can see an image with that phylogeny HERE (L1'6 top right) as well as below:

So your lineage is the ancestral linage in which
    -L1 split and became a founding West African lineage (L1b) with the oldest representatives (L1c) in Pygmies.
    -L2 split somewhere in Central African and became the most widespread Pan African lineage.
    -L3 . L4, L5 and L6 split somewhere in The Horn of Africa.

These successive splits are best represented in this image.

You perhaps (if the resolution is good) still carry that Ancestral linage at the top of the image......from 175-200 thousands years ago. This is very unique. There may be companies that would give you an further resolve maternal sequence for free.

EDIT : just saw you tested at Wegenes. I have no idea of their mtdna resolution.
    Last edited by beyoku; 2018-09-12 at 13:47.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-09-12), Power77 (2018-09-12), redifflal (2018-09-12), Targum (2018-09-13)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Quote Originally Posted by beyoku View Post
    Your have the most interesting MTDNA result I have ever seen...if it is what it is.....and it probably is.
    1 - Where did you test?
    2 - Its not Pygmy....it probably East, Central, or North African....based on the phylogeny of where such a split may have happened.

First lets talk about what it isn't......Its NOT L0....and its NOT just L1.

The Root of Maternal diversity basically has L0. L0 has MAINLY Southern And Eastern representatives in the form of L0d in South Africa. And L0a'b'f'k' in East Africa. L0a'b'f'k is FURTHER split with with L0a'b'f being East African...and L0k having Southern Representatives. I know one East African that is L0a'b'f. A map of that phylogeny can be found Here .

The Lineage YOU carry would be the sister lineage of L0, your lineage sits at the root to everything that is NOT L0.....all the way at the root before any of the other splits had taken place. You can see an image with that phylogeny HERE (L1'6 top right) as well as below:

So your lineage is the ancestral linage in which
    -L1 split and became a founding West African lineage (L1b) with the oldest representatives (L1c) in Pygmies.
    -L2 split somewhere in Central African and became the most widespread Pan African lineage.
    -L3 . L4, L5 and L6 split somewhere in The Horn of Africa.

These successive splits are best represented in this image.

You perhaps (if the resolution is good) still carry that Ancestral linage at the top of the image......from 175-200 thousands years ago. This is very unique. There may be companies that would give you an further resolve maternal sequence for free.

EDIT : just saw you tested at Wegenes. I have no idea of their mtdna resolution.
    Ok, but to conclude it, is it possible that my family has East African origins? i know World9 Dodecad gave me "Sandawe" and "Hadza" in my mixed oracle populations, but strange part is i am pred. west and central african, and then lesser Ethiopian and or Tanzanian/Mozambiquan.

then again, caribbeans have mixed african ancestry from all parts so its not too odd. It could very well be Central african or East african imo, definitely not North african.

and if its not central or east then its definitely west african because i am pred. togolese/nigerian/ghanaian.

but since i am anywhere inbetween 30-43% African it's quite hard to tell exactly where its from, also because i am super admixed.

and also, Wegene isnt too accurate IMO, but it's haplogroups probably are.

It gave me R1b for my yDNA (which is very correct btw) so L1 probably would be correct too.

What do you think is more likely in my case? East or Central african?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-09-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

anyone else know anything more about this mtDNA haplogroup? ill be interested to hear where my african origins lay XD i really wanna know what im pred. african of.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship

@KingKhalasi - Your East African looks more legit...more than the "noise" level like more typical African Americans on the higher end of the SSA scale like me. I am like 0-0.01% Horner....and I am East African L0a1a with likely post Holocene separation from East Africa.

They didnt tell you L1......they said L1'2'3'4'5'6. Your lineage is the Parent of L1 and all other Sister lineages EQUALLY. If correct it is extremely rare. I can only think an L0* and some pre M1 in older publications that were as interesting. I am not too familiar with other testing companies to know if they can break down when certain components entered your genome. Do you have a chromosome Painting image that you can post?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-09-12), Power77 (2018-09-12), Targum (2018-09-13)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

@KingKhalasi - Your East African looks more legit...more than the "noise" level like more typical African Americans on the higher end of the SSA scale like me. I am like 0-0.01% Horner....and I am East African L0a1a with likely post Holocene separation from East Africa.

They didnt tell you L1......they said L1'2'3'4'5'6. Your lineage is the Parent of L1 and all other Sister lineages EQUALLY. If correct it is extremely rare. I can only think an L0* and some pre M1 in older publications that were as interesting. I am not too familiar with other testing companies to know if they can break down when certain components entered your genome. Do you have a chromosome Painting image that you can post?
    Wow, that's very interesting tbh XD Doug McDonald gave me 11% Oromo Ethiopian and 3-4% berber or something, however his reading is kinda inaccurate too, he said so himself.

He gave me roughly 69% european, 2.30% amerind, and 30-33% SSA. once again, overestimated my european.

i'm starting to think what if part of my African ancestry (most likely my Ethiopian) is partially ancient west eurasian? if that's the case then wouldnt surprise me if it got counted up by european or something.

because so far MyGenomeBox is the most accurate test available for me.

And uhh, if im correct with what you mean with a "Chromosome Painting" then yes, i have a few laying around.

Intepretome Chromosome Painting:

Spoiler: 

Doug McDonald Chromosome painting + PCA + Map Plotting??

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 
    Last edited by KingKhalasi; 2018-09-12 at 17:08.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-09-12)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    E1b1a8*
    mtDNA
    L0a1a2
    Ethnicity
    "Black"
    Politics
    Praise the Sun
    Religion
    Sun Worship

You need a chromosome painting that has the East African in it to see how large the chunks are.
    Doug McDonald could likely tell your about the East African %, how real and when introduced, amd what type of East African.
    He would probably interested in your L1-7 too. FYI - Hadza/Sandawe are at times Horn african stand-ins depending on sample diversity.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beyoku For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-09-12), Power77 (2018-09-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

You need a chromosome painting that has the East African in it to see how large the chunks are.
    Doug McDonald could likely tell your about the East African %, how real and when introduced, amd what type of East African.
    He would probably interested in your L1-7 too. FYI - Hadza/Sandawe are at times Horn african stand-ins depending on sample diversity.
    That's the problem though..

He told me he couldnt differentiate "North African" from my "East african Horner". he said it could possibly have been both.

Eitherway, as far as i am concerned. My Ethiopian is my mideast percentage. so if you put it in perspective, my chromosomes are almost as african as it is european, and thus almost 50/50 euro and african, which is what i am. and that's why his reading is so weird, he himself said it was unreliable.

anyways this is what he told me a year back:

Spoiler: 
    This is a difficult file. The African part is not clear, but is mostly western, probably somewhere near Nigeria.

Neither is the Euro clear at all. It is about 2% Native American. The best I can do is

Germany 0.6793 Moroccan 0.0317 Yoruba 0.2090 O-Ethiopian 0.0801 or
    Germany 0.6784 Sicily 0.0230 Yoruba 0.2134 O-Ethiopian 0.0853 or
    Germany 0.6354 Poland 0.0626 Yoruba 0.2113 O-Ethiopian 0.0907 or
    Germany 0.6651 Romania 0.0351 Yoruba 0.2131 O-Ethiopian 0.0867 or
    Russian 0.0260 Germany 0.6729 Yoruba 0.2119 O-Ethiopian 0.0892 or
    Germany 0.6883 Tuscan 0.0109 Yoruba 0.2129 O-Ethiopian 0.0878 or
    Italian 0.0064 Germany 0.6923 Yoruba 0.2126 O-Ethiopian 0.0886 or
    English 0.3087 Poland 0.3879 Yoruba 0.2041 O-Ethiopian 0.0993

and THOSE ARE NOT RELIABLE! The “Mideast” on the chromosomes seems to actually be
    either East coast Africa (Ethiopis) or north African.

I doubt if ANY systen current can do a really reliable job for you.

Spoiler: 
    The higher the numbers the larger fraction you are of it. ITS NOT RELIABLE!

What is reliable is that you are roughly 69% North-west Euro (Germany to British Isles),
    21% West African, and roughly 10% some mix of East African (not Bantu) and
    North African, with perhaps a percent or so from the north shore of the Mediterranean.

West African is a big place ... your DNA fits the whole area from the western
    Central African Republic to Guinea.

^ i doubt he is even sure if i am actually 69% euro, because i dont think so. My moms family is only quarter dutch, and my dad's family is anywhere inbetween 95-100% euro.

Spoiler: 
    For your case its impossible to clearly tell east from north African.

Doug

^ dont get me wrong, i respect his work, but i think his reading for my euro part is completely shit. just like AncestryDNA, Wegene, and MyHeritage.

as he said, there is no real way to proof my ethnicity. all i can go by is MyGenomeBox and my genealogy, also Gedrosia + EthioHelix + Dodecad tests, the rest is all garbage for my genome.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-09-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

anyways, any imput on my Doug McDonald results? im tempted to E-Mail him again about the results and if he could trace my East African down better, but i dont know.. My Genealogy says completely otherwise to me being anywhere near 70% euro, so do all tests on gedmatch, and so does MyGenomeBox. 54-58% euro is way more realistic.

Me being mixed ,you never know how much euro i would exactly inherit from both sides. maybe i inherited more african from my mom's side than euro, which is why i score 54% euro on mygenomebox, and since that test is so broad its the only test that can pick up on it along with EthioHelix K10 + French. it gave me 58.5 French + 41.5% Fulani which is way more accurate

18. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Power77 (2018-09-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

i emailed Doug McDonald, now only to hope that he responds again because i had quite the conversation with him, after that he didnt respond ever again XD

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

beyoku (2018-09-12), Power77 (2018-09-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast