User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did my haplogroup/family originate in Ethiopia/East africa?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely.

1 100.00%
  • No, not really. Maybe other parts of africa like Central Africa, or West africa.

0 0%
  • Im not sure, idk

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Did my Haplogroup: L3 really originate in East Africa??359 days old

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Last Online
    2018-12-28 @ 23:21
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    and how? remove my mena components from my overal european percentage in mixed oracle and you can easily see that i am not a quadroon.
    Quadroon just means you're 1/4 SSA, which you are. You may have MENA blood as well, but that's not African. Ethiopians are mixed race, and don't count as SSA for this.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-29 @ 14:26
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    Quadroon just means you're 1/4 SSA, which you are. You may have MENA blood as well, but that's not African. Ethiopians are mixed race, and don't count as SSA for this.
    ethnically speaking i am 28-40% black west african+ ethiopian. the rest goes to arabia and morocco.

i count ethiopia and morocco to be african because they are. both are ethnic africans.

as Xcode life 2.0 said: "23.93% African, 17.02% Middle eastern" which is quite inaccurate, cuz i am ATLEAST 27% black african, whether its west african, or west african mixed with bantu. its definitely 25%>

without my "ethiopian" component i would never score 17% middle eastern because im only 3-6% moroccan/arab from my ethiopian side. so keeping that in mind, 3-17 = 14, 14+ 25 = 39

also my ethiopian is from the oromo district and those ethiopians are on average more SSA than Amhara and Somalis etc.

what recent tests are telling me is that i am 42-56% european, which is true. in no reality am i 70% european LOL, thats just sad biased false information.

tbh i could care less whether i am 70% euro or 44% euro, but i am a man of facts, i understand how gedmatch works and operates, and when i tell you why it gives me 70% european i have a good reason to say why it is not accurate.

Genomebox gives me 36% black african, and 6% arab. Xcode gives me 24% african, and 17% middle eastern/ethiopian. figures if you use "Ethiopian" in your reference samples for fucking middle eastern LOL, thats just stupid.

some of my black african got sucked into the "MENA" component cuz it includes ethiopia, and moroccans are also partially SSA so theres no telling exactly how much SSA the test gives me.

and the fact that i am 21-30% west african is probably very true. i am nowhere near 40% west african. i am mixed cushitic, maghrebi, and west african+bantu.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

YourDNAPortal K7 test results:

^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

Last Online
    2019-06-15 @ 02:01
    E1b1b
    mtDNA
    D1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American+Slav
    Ethnicity
    South American
    Skull and crossbones Antarctica

ah you're Yemeni!, now it all makes sense hahaha, you can throw my previous comment in the trash bin, as I am sure you ignored it. BTW that predictor sucks I was just trying to be nice.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurukuru For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-10-29)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    United States

ethnically speaking i am 28-40% black west african+ ethiopian. the rest goes to arabia and morocco.

i count ethiopia and morocco to be african because they are. both are ethnic africans.

as Xcode life 2.0 said: "23.93% African, 17.02% Middle eastern" which is quite inaccurate, cuz i am ATLEAST 27% black african, whether its west african, or west african mixed with bantu. its definitely 25%>

without my "ethiopian" component i would never score 17% middle eastern because im only 3-6% moroccan/arab from my ethiopian side. so keeping that in mind, 3-17 = 14, 14+ 25 = 39

also my ethiopian is from the oromo district and those ethiopians are on average more SSA than Amhara and Somalis etc.

what recent tests are telling me is that i am 42-56% european, which is true. in no reality am i 70% european LOL, thats just sad biased false information.

tbh i could care less whether i am 70% euro or 44% euro, but i am a man of facts, i understand how gedmatch works and operates, and when i tell you why it gives me 70% european i have a good reason to say why it is not accurate.

Genomebox gives me 36% black african, and 6% arab. Xcode gives me 24% african, and 17% middle eastern/ethiopian. figures if you use "Ethiopian" in your reference samples for fucking middle eastern LOL, thats just stupid.

some of my black african got sucked into the "MENA" component cuz it includes ethiopia, and moroccans are also partially SSA so theres no telling exactly how much SSA the test gives me.

and the fact that i am 21-30% west african is probably very true. i am nowhere near 40% west african. i am mixed cushitic, maghrebi, and west african+bantu.
    Morocco isn't SSA/Black. You may very well be 40% African, but you're not 40% SSA/"black"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Martnen For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-10-27)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Morocco isn't SSA/Black. You may very well be 40% African, but you're not 40% SSA/"black"
    thats true, mygenomebox only gave me 35.75% black african. which is roughly translated to 36%, it isnt 40% but it isnt 25% either.

gedmatch fails to pick up on my ethiopian oromo ancestry because on every calculator that has the "Horner" or "Northeast African" catagory i only score 1-2%. LOL

just like ancestryDNA, ancestry gave me 1-3% east african (but they didnt use ethiopia in their samples) so that figures.

my breakdown needs real specific populations otherwise i will get skewed results as i've noticed.

Spoiler: 

EthioHelix gives me "58.5% French + 41.5% Fulani" in the mixed oracle pop. keeping in mind that i am 2% amerind, and amerind doesnt get sucked into my major or minor SSA components 2-3% should be removed from my french.

Ancient Eurasia K6 gave me "59% Estonian + 41% Somali" so theres that. I am definitely mixed horner and west african otherwise i wouldnt get scores like this. Because Somali are roughly 1/3-1/2 Arab.

eitherway, usually calcs pick up on my horner (if they lack the northeast african attribute) as SW_Asian, Caucasus/West asian, south asian, and mediterranean or southern euro.

i asked a Coastal Algerian to do the MyGenomeBox test, and he scored 22.50% South european, 22.23% West european, and ONLY 3.5% Asia/Arab !! i scored 2.23% "Asia" so theres definitely the possibility that my berber got partially sucked into my south euro component, so maybe Xcode Life 2.0's reading on me being 44% euro isnt TOO far off. I think im rather in the 46%> euro range if you ask me though..

eitherway, im 36% black african, and 6-10% moroccan arab.

also i made a calculation for the "Africa9 Dodecad" test. while it might not be a superb test i guess it's fairly decent, as it accurately gives me 26.25% west/central/south african, 5.11% berber, and
    21.83% SW_Asian but i assume a little bit is part of my euro ancestry, and since Xcode gave me 17% middle eastern ill just remove 17.5% to be sure.

Spoiler: 

^ i think you know what 70% Tuscan means. The tuscan sample is genetically 30%> middle eastern.

70% of 30% = 21%, 30+21=51% african/horner

Spoiler: 

^ the reference sheet

Spoiler: 

^ 4th pop
    Last edited by KingKhalasi; 2018-10-27 at 09:55.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Bobby Martnen (2018-10-29)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    United States

thats true, mygenomebox only gave me 35.75% black african. which is roughly translated to 36%, it isnt 40% but it isnt 25% either.
    Can you please post your updated Ancestry results?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Martnen For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-10-29)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Can you please post your updated Ancestry results?
    Spoiler: 

^ this update is even weirder than the previous. it once again overestimated my european but whats new there LOL. now benin/togo is highest instead of Ghana, but that doesnt surprise me since my surname is Ghanaian-Ewe, and Ewe's are mostly found in Togo and southern ghana so yeah.

benin/togo is on a scale from 0-16%

ghana from 0-16%

nigeria 0-4%

East africa 0-3%

congo 0-12%

germanic europe 0-24%

britain 55-64%

norway 0-3%

france 0-5%

ireland 0-1%

spain 0-1%

amerindian 1-2%

they dont even know how large my african is, so they are just estimating. Otherwise i would've gotten ranges like 10-16% etc because i am DEFINITELY NOT 0%.

my african is on a range from 0-51% minimum to max so yeah. i dont use ancestry as reference anymore cuz it fucking sucks

add french, irish, spanish, and germanic europe to my african and we get EXACTLY 41% african xD coincidence? Lol nope. ancestry cant pinpoint ethiopian ancestry, facts.

previously i scored 2-4% senegalese, 3-6% mali, and 3-6% middle eastern + 2-4% central asian, where dat shit stay? xD im definitely part malian
    Last edited by KingKhalasi; 2018-10-29 at 08:59.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Bobby Martnen (2018-10-30)

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Quote Originally Posted by Kurukuru View Post
    ah you're Yemeni!, now it all makes sense hahaha, you can throw my previous comment in the trash bin, as I am sure you ignored it. BTW that predictor sucks I was just trying to be nice.
    Loool xD i didnt even know you commented LOL

and sure, it mightve. Idk now whether im L3 or L1'2'3'4'5'6 but what i do know is that my mtDNA haplogroup is pretty rare nevertheless.

what do you think of my Xcode and mygenomebox results? do they make sense for a west african + horner mix??

(im roughly 33-41% West african + Horner, and 3-8% moroccan/arab from my ethiopian side. my ethio is from the Oromo District)

Spoiler: 

^ Ancesty estimate XCode Life 2.0

Spoiler: 

^ MyGenomeBox

Spoiler: 

^ YourDNAPortal K7
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

also, link to ancestry boards:

"I know of people who previously had very high Italy results, with small amounts of mid east, caucasus and N. africa. Ive noticed that if these other regions were not trace regions, then they are being added into Turkey/Caucasus. People who had mid east/N africa/caucasus as Trace Regions (myself) lost it and it seems it was put into France as if Ancestry did not know what to do with the previous trace regions."

^ exactly what happend to me. theres no way i am 57% english, and theres no way i am 70% european lol. its just weird, alot of services seem to have this problem with me, cuz if i really were 70% european i would score results on EVERY test similar to ancestryDNA. then Xcode Life would've given me 70% euro, and not 44%! LOL
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

final bump ill be putting out so far, thanks for all the comments lol

id like to keep this thread alive a little bit longer to see what type of perspectives and comments imma get. im interested to hear
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3