User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 100

Thread: Why, and how is it possible that i am part Horner despite the fact that i am Afro-Caribbean?238 days old

  1. #11
    Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-12 @ 11:19
    Join Date
    2018-09-04
    Posts
    611
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    Still fucking weird alright, you sir have a amazing background lol. We didnt recieved any East African immigrants nor did we recieve East African slaves, the only possibility that I can give you is that you had a Central African or Southern African ancestor who was admixed with East African ancestry.

    Since the majority of the African slaves who were sent to the Dutch Antilles were from the Kongo Kingdom (38,000 slaves were from Central Africa whereas 37,000 slaves were from West-Africa). Also if you are curious, is there anything else that you want to know regarding the Dutch Antilles?
    Hahah yeah man, its very damn weird. And thanks bro, i really am surprised too. Ever since i was a child i just expected to be half black and half white, and thats how i identified too. Now i just identify as afro-caribbean, or black because tbh i dont have alot of things incommon with whites. except for sharing DNA with them.

    And also, that's very possible. I think it might've been a Southeastern Ancestor from Mozambique, Rwanda, or Malawi. Somewhere in that area definitely, cuz Ghana is FAAAR away from being genetically close to Ethiopians. Its virtually impossible to mistake Mandenka ancestry for example for Oromo Ethiopian.

    So i think its Mozambiquan, Zimbabwean, Malawi, Rwandan, Kenyan, Sudanese, or indeed just "Ethiopian" which would be very weird.

    and wow, thats very interesting. Never even realized. I knew the bantu influence was strong in Antilleans, due to mesocephalism, and or brachycephalic tendencies.

    My family also has those, so do i. Im mesocephalic and so was my mama. One of my mom's sisters is brachycephalic though, and shes medium brown/deep caramel in skintone, has pure black afro-curly hair aswell. And she's very short lol


    And yeah sure, what were the top 5 most prominent tribes that were brought to Curacao, Saba, and Bonaire if you know?

    my grandpa's father was in actuality darker than my grandpa himself. And you've seen how dark my grandpa is xD that amount of "niggatry" aint no joke.

    And my grandpa's father was also born in Bonaire, so chances are he is prolly a almost direct slave descendant, so if i know what tribes were mostly brought to Bonaire it could also help me clear up as to why i have east african/moroccan ancestry
    MyGenomeBox results:



    Xcode Life 2.0 results:



    YourDNAPortal K7 test results:



    ^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #12
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,935
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    Hahah yeah man, its very damn weird. And thanks bro, i really am surprised too. Ever since i was a child i just expected to be half black and half white, and thats how i identified too. Now i just identify as afro-caribbean, or black because tbh i dont have alot of things incommon with whites. except for sharing DNA with them.

    And also, that's very possible. I think it might've been a Southeastern Ancestor from Mozambique, Rwanda, or Malawi. Somewhere in that area definitely, cuz Ghana is FAAAR away from being genetically close to Ethiopians. Its virtually impossible to mistake Mandenka ancestry for example for Oromo Ethiopian.

    So i think its Mozambiquan, Zimbabwean, Malawi, Rwandan, Kenyan, Sudanese, or indeed just "Ethiopian" which would be very weird.

    and wow, thats very interesting. Never even realized. I knew the bantu influence was strong in Antilleans, due to mesocephalism, and or brachycephalic tendencies.

    My family also has those, so do i. Im mesocephalic and so was my mama. One of my mom's sisters is brachycephalic though, and shes medium brown/deep caramel in skintone, has pure black afro-curly hair aswell. And she's very short lol


    And yeah sure, what were the top 5 most prominent tribes that were brought to Curacao, Saba, and Bonaire if you know?

    my grandpa's father was in actuality darker than my grandpa himself. And you've seen how dark my grandpa is xD that amount of "niggatry" aint no joke.

    And my grandpa's father was also born in Bonaire, so chances are he is prolly a almost direct slave descendant, so if i know what tribes were mostly brought to Bonaire it could also help me clear up as to why i have east african/moroccan ancestry
    Definitely Mozambique.

    Top 5 who went to the ABC Islands (All 6 islands received the same African ethnic groups btw).

    1. Akan/Ashanti
    2. Ewe/Fon
    3. Mbundu
    4. Kongo
    5. Madinka

    And of course many other ethnic groups from those areas that I have mentioned.



    Note this, when the Spaniards controlled us in the 1500s and early 1600s before the Dutch conquered it from the Spaniards, the first slaves came from Senegambia, Guinea Bissau and Cabo Verde. Later the Dutch imported slaves from the Kongo Kingdom (Congo, Angola etc) and from the Gold Coast area (Ghana, Benin, Togo, Nigeria). Possible that slaves from Zambia and Mozambique also arrived in the ABC Islands, altough they were a minority. my own mtdna is mostly common amongst Zambians, Mozambiqueans but also Angolans. But mostly in Zambia.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaquille For This Useful Post:

    KingKhalasi (2018-11-08)

  5. #13
    Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-12 @ 11:19
    Join Date
    2018-09-04
    Posts
    611
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    Definitely Mozambique.

    Top 5 who went to the ABC Islands (All 6 islands received the same African ethnic groups btw).

    1. Akan/Ashanti
    2. Ewe/Fon
    3. Mbundu
    4. Kongo
    5. Madinka

    And of course many other ethnic groups from those areas that I have mentioned.



    Note this, when the Spaniards controlled us in the 1500s and early 1600s before the Dutch conquered it from the Spaniards, the first slaves came from Senegambia, Guinea Bissau and Cabo Verde. Later the Dutch imported slaves from the Kongo Kingdom (Congo, Angola etc) and from the Gold Coast area (Ghana, Benin, Togo, Nigeria). Possible that slaves from Zambia and Mozambique also arrived in the ABC Islands, altough they were a minority. my own mtdna is mostly common amongst Zambians, Mozambiqueans but also Angolans. But mostly in Zambia.
    If its indeed mozambique ill be pretty proud cuz southeastern africa seems like the coolest area in Africa to me, idk why. The culture and nature there is just beautiful lol

    but still im prolly predominantly Ewe since my surname is Ewe Ghanaian in origin haha

    And thats cool man, i do wish to learn more about my islands so i can figure out exactly my african origins.

    What i do know is that my african genes must be pretty strong. Looking how both sides of my family have european ancestry i apparently inherited way less dutch from my mom's side, or basically none. my mom was prolly roughly 14-25% dutch i think. funny how i look so afro-influenced still.

    just a quick question bro. Do you think i could pass in Cape Verde and the Dominican Republic as a Mulatto also, or native there? what do you think bro?
    MyGenomeBox results:



    Xcode Life 2.0 results:



    YourDNAPortal K7 test results:



    ^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

    Shaquille (2018-11-08)

  7. #14
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,935
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    If its indeed mozambique ill be pretty proud cuz southeastern africa seems like the coolest area in Africa to me, idk why. The culture and nature there is just beautiful lol

    but still im prolly predominantly Ewe since my surname is Ewe Ghanaian in origin haha

    And thats cool man, i do wish to learn more about my islands so i can figure out exactly my african origins.

    What i do know is that my african genes must be pretty strong. Looking how both sides of my family have european ancestry i apparently inherited way less dutch from my mom's side, or basically none. my mom was prolly roughly 14-25% dutch i think. funny how i look so afro-influenced still.

    just a quick question bro. Do you think i could pass in Cape Verde and the Dominican Republic as a Mulatto also, or native there? what do you think bro?
    You can fit in both islands to me, but I think more in DR than Cabo Verde, since DR are pred euro mulattos and Cabo Verdians are pred afro mulatto.

    Also, your surname doesn't need to correlate with your ancestry.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shaquille For This Useful Post:

    El Andullero (2018-11-08), KingKhalasi (2018-11-08)

  9. #15
    Moderator
    Knight Templar El Andullero's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-01-24
    Posts
    8,926
    Location
    Santo Domingo
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    You can fit in both islands to me, but I think more in DR than Cabo Verde, since DR are pred euro mulattos and Cabo Verdians are pred afro mulatto.

    Also, your surname doesn't need to correlate with your ancestry.
    I think the people that have tested at AncestryDNA have the option of uploading their data into 23andMe. At least I know a person who did so.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

    KingKhalasi (2018-11-08), Shaquille (2018-11-08)

  11. #16
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Meygaag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 18:41
    Join Date
    2018-11-08
    Posts
    725
    Location
    Kingdom of Kerma
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    Hahah yeah man, its very damn weird. And thanks bro, i really am surprised too. Ever since i was a child i just expected to be half black and half white, and thats how i identified too. Now i just identify as afro-caribbean, or black because tbh i dont have alot of things incommon with whites. except for sharing DNA with them.

    And also, that's very possible. I think it might've been a Southeastern Ancestor from Mozambique, Rwanda, or Malawi. Somewhere in that area definitely, cuz Ghana is FAAAR away from being genetically close to Ethiopians. Its virtually impossible to mistake Mandenka ancestry for example for Oromo Ethiopian.

    So i think its Mozambiquan, Zimbabwean, Malawi, Rwandan, Kenyan, Sudanese, or indeed just "Ethiopian" which would be very weird.

    and wow, thats very interesting. Never even realized. I knew the bantu influence was strong in Antilleans, due to mesocephalism, and or brachycephalic tendencies.

    My family also has those, so do i. Im mesocephalic and so was my mama. One of my mom's sisters is brachycephalic though, and shes medium brown/deep caramel in skintone, has pure black afro-curly hair aswell. And she's very short lol


    And yeah sure, what were the top 5 most prominent tribes that were brought to Curacao, Saba, and Bonaire if you know?

    my grandpa's father was in actuality darker than my grandpa himself. And you've seen how dark my grandpa is xD that amount of "niggatry" aint no joke.

    And my grandpa's father was also born in Bonaire, so chances are he is prolly a almost direct slave descendant, so if i know what tribes were mostly brought to Bonaire it could also help me clear up as to why i have east african/moroccan ancestry
    You do not have Horner ancestry and there definently were no Oromos sent over the Atlantic ocean

  12. #17
    Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-12 @ 11:19
    Join Date
    2018-09-04
    Posts
    611
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    You can fit in both islands to me, but I think more in DR than Cabo Verde, since DR are pred euro mulattos and Cabo Verdians are pred afro mulatto.

    Also, your surname doesn't need to correlate with your ancestry.
    Aight thats cool xD

    still, i think i could fit better in Cape Verde in certain areas, since my native american component is basically nonexistant, and Dominicans prolly have more, like 10%, or 15% atleast so thats why.

    And also, if XCode Life 2.0 is correct in their estimate that i am only 44% european then i could fit easier in Cape Verde genetically aswell i think. Cuz then im actually in the area of 45-51% African on average.

    and yeah thats true, but still that my surname is African originally it does say something about my family somewhat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    I think the people that have tested at AncestryDNA have the option of uploading their data into 23andMe. At least I know a person who did so.
    That would be really neat xD i would really like to see their report. Maybe its better than AncestryDNA for me PERSONALLY since AncestryDNA is geared more towards NW euros, and it lacks ethiopian reference pops for me, also it tries to be way too specific in narrowing down populations meanwhile those are almost indistinguishable.

    so yeah, ill check it out if i can get my raw DNA to get myself a 23andme report then lol
    MyGenomeBox results:



    Xcode Life 2.0 results:



    YourDNAPortal K7 test results:



    ^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

  13. #18
    Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-11-25
    Posts
    3,935
    Location
    The Netherlands.
    Gender
    Age
    21
    Y-DNA
    J-M172
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands CARICOM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    Aight thats cool xD

    still, i think i could fit better in Cape Verde in certain areas, since my native american component is basically nonexistant, and Dominicans prolly have more, like 10%, or 15% atleast so thats why.

    And also, if XCode Life 2.0 is correct in their estimate that i am only 44% european then i could fit easier in Cape Verde genetically aswell i think. Cuz then im actually in the area of 45-51% African on average.

    and yeah thats true, but still that my surname is African originally it does say something about my family somewhat.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That would be really neat xD i would really like to see their report. Maybe its better than AncestryDNA for me PERSONALLY since AncestryDNA is geared more towards NW euros, and it lacks ethiopian reference pops for me, also it tries to be way too specific in narrowing down populations meanwhile those are almost indistinguishable.

    so yeah, ill check it out if i can get my raw DNA to get myself a 23andme report then lol
    Dominicans having 10-15% that all depends on the individual man, most of them don't have it that high but it's still there, like 5-6%. Of course El Andullero can say more.

    Also, I have seen Amerindian percentage from our people ranging from small to huge percentage also bro. Most pictures are from the ABC Islands, specifically Aruba. And all information got do with the Amerindians from all three of the islands, Except the photos about the guajira. Those pictures were from either Colombia or Venezuela.

    Read this: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot....racao.html?m=1
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-11-08 at 19:26.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

  14. #19
    Moderator
    Knight Templar El Andullero's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-01-24
    Posts
    8,926
    Location
    Santo Domingo
    Gender
    Age
    36
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    Dominicans having 10-15% that all depends on the individual man, most of them don't have it that high but it's still there, like 5-6%. Of course El Andullero can say more.

    Also, I have seen Amerindian percentage from our people ranging from small to huge percentage also bro. Most pictures are from the ABC Islands, specifically Aruba. And all information got do with the Amerindians from all three of the islands, Except the photos about the guajira. Those pictures were from either Colombia or Venezuela.

    Read this: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot....racao.html?m=1
    Yep, the range goes from 6 to 12% (although you also have unicorn-like cases like the poster @AGuz which ranges on the 20%, lol).

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

    Shaquille (2018-11-08)

  16. #20
    Established Member
    Angolan King Celph Titled's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2013-12-07
    Posts
    7,579
    Gender
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

    Default

    You don't have any Ethiopian at all, the problem is that you are not very smart when it comes to reading results from Gedmatch. McDonald gave Mexicans majority of the time Ethiopian as well for their African apart from North African, it means nothing. We are not dumb enough to believe there were thousands of Ethiopians in Mexico.

    You need to get smarter and upgrade your IQ, learn more about genetics and also your own history, stop wishing you had horn of african

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

    Bobby Martnen (2018-11-10)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Afro-Caribbean Shamanism
    By windie in forum Arts & Culture
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2018-11-09, 05:52
  2. Afro- Caribbean (African Caribbeans)
    By windie in forum Americas
    Replies: 338
    Last Post: 2016-06-03, 00:18
  3. 1/2 Spanish Caribbean/Afro-Latino
    By windie in forum Other
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 2012-06-19, 21:13
  4. Afro Caribbean culture
    By jibarodepr in forum Arts & Culture
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-12-27, 02:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<