Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    United States

Default What does it mean to assimilate to you?

We can all agree that the recent influx of refugees in Europe refuse to assimilate. However, many people disagree what is fully needed to "assimilate".

The majority of people seem to believe paying your taxes and following law are adequate to assimilate. However, some people further argue having a rich knowledge of the literature & customs and being intimately involved in the community are also needed to assimilate. Granted, there are others, who tend to be a bit more extreme, who argue one needs to be a particular race or adherent of a religion in order to fully assimilate.

Regardless, I am rambling too much. Personally, I believe there is no general consensus on what is sufficient to assimilate, but most would agree that being obedient to the law is necessary to assimilate, which the vast majority of refugees fail at because they engage in gang rapes.

What do you think are the full set of conditions needed to be fulfilled in order to assimilate into a culture?
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2018-11-04 at 00:06.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to An Shigao For This Useful Post:

~Elizabeth~ (2018-11-04)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

It means procreating with whoever you like creating a child free of idiotic limitations like ancestry. At least if you raise the kid well.

Established Member
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Politics
    Nationalist
    United States

Just about all of what you suggested An Shigao.

I can think of how African Americans assimilated into America over generations.
    Learn the language of the host country and be fluent in it, dress like the natives/host country, learn the customs and laws and follow them. It helps to adopt the religion. Most African Americans are Christians or are at least familiar with it and it's customs/holidays.

It may take generations for the refugees in Europe to assimilate. But I'm sure there are people who can do it in one generation, just like we have new naturalized citizens who were motivated to learn the language and customs. Personally, I think the refugees, or at least most of them, should go home, back to their country because they are stubbornly Muslim and keep breaking the laws.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    It means procreating with whoever you like creating a child free of idiotic limitations like ancestry. At least if you raise the kid well.
    I disagree on that. They can procreate within their own group.
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2018-11-04 at 00:41.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    Just about all of what you suggested An Shigao.

I can think of how African Americans assimilated into America over generations.
    Learn the language of the host country and be fluent in it, dress like the natives/host country, learn the customs and laws and follow them. It helps to adopt the religion. Most African Americans are Christians or are at least familiar with it and it's customs/holidays.

It may take generations for the refugees in Europe to assimilate. But I'm sure there are people who can do it in one generation, just like we have new naturalized citizens who were motivated to learn the language and customs. Personally, I think the refugees, or at least most of them, should go home, back to their country because they are stubbornly Muslim and keep breaking the laws
    I don't think Aframs are a good example, as they literally were taken from their homelands and forced to assimilate or be killed.

To OP's topic, I think Europe should do a better job at housing and employment for refugees. By placing them all in one area with little job prospects, it discourages interaction with other people in the country. We have immigrant communities here in the US as well, but they're also mixed in a variety of different groups, giving a chance at both assimilation and cultural exchange.

I'm of the opinion that "full assimilation" in one generation is not possible unless through an extreme event(forced, self hatred,adoption,etc). Hell, my grandfather was born and raised in Texas, he served in US Army during World War 2, but his dominant language was still Spanish(he learned English at boot camp lol) and we continue to have some Mexican traditions. He was also a proud Texan, but to some idiots in this country, he was a "illegal wetback" because he didn't assimilate fully into "WASP culture".
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2018-11-08), El Andullero (2018-11-04)

Last Online
    2018-11-09 @ 15:39

Same moral /ethical code.

In America, the requirements to be an American are:
    * Pay your taxes (death and taxes)
    * Let's agree to disagree / We don't have to agree but we have to get along

The 2nd requirement is the major problem. The question everyone should ask is "Can I get along with this person / race. Can we sit down and have a conversation about morality right/wrong and come to agreement. Or are we just going to offend each other." If former than we can integrate.

Let me give you an example of an ethical problem that prohibits even all Europeans from integration: "Can I say hello and talk to a random stranger?" In America I hear people saying "hello, how are you doing?" But these people don't want a response. They want you to say "fine" and then go away. If you try talking to them they'll think "what do you want?" It's obvious they are just socially conditioned to say hello. Other times people will simply walk by you without even saying hello. It's these issues that are the core problem because they make it impossible to talk with your neighbor which means you can't form a community -> society.

This extends to moral viewpoints on good Samaritans, whistle blowers, appropriate tax rate / govt welfare, gender norms, etc. I see people talking about Islam and Christianity but that stuff is pointless because the races determine morality independently, hence why Islam in different parts of the middle east is very different.

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:29
    I1a2a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Gorid
    Politics
    Anti-feminist
    Religion
    Christianity
    GEDmatch
    None of your business
    United States Ireland clover Italy Sicily Germany imperial flag Slovakia Kingdom of Yugoslavia

When you are in every way (except phenotypically) indistinguishable from the host group of the country you live in.

Usually takes 4 or 5 generations at least...children with grandparents from other countries still usually maintain cultural ties.