User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: What is the reason why some whites dislike Blacks / Mulattos so much?12 days old

Established Member
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Politics
    Nationalist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    So yes, "as an American citizen you do need to speak proper english" I'm sorry.

I'm quoting just a small part of what you wrote. Beautifully written, as always. Thank you for explaining it better than I can.
    (except I never use the n word).

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    European-American
    Politics
    Nationalist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    That is not a very nice thing to say.

Like I said, it reminds me of how Quebecers talk crap about how we Acadians speak, they say we sound dumb, and even in my own experience as an IT professional, I have had people not listen to my advice because of my accent (even though I speak Standard French at work). I don’t go through other forms of discrimination that black folks go through and don’t know what that’s like, but I can tell you when people do that it’s annoying as hell when people say the way you speak sounds dumb and annoying to listen to.

Sometimes I feel bad because I do have difficulty understanding African Americans who have a thick accent when they speak and don’t want them to think I am judging them when I have to ask them to repeat themselves. I can understand the accent better now, though, but it took actually talking to people and getting used to it. I find it became much easier when I figured out the certain grammatical consistencies in it... but I still misunderstand, I guess, like the example in the video I shared "He be working" means "He has a job", I always thought it meant "He is at work right now".

I mean, if you just have trouble understanding it, that is fine. We are all human, and nobody is going to be able to perfectly understand all accents. I am sure most AAVE speakers would be understanding if you have some difficulty with their accent and have to ask them to speak slowly or repeat themselves as long as you aren't judgemental about it. I mean, I can imagine some AAVE speakers would have a hard time understanding other dialects of English as well, and have to do the same.

I think the point of this thread was honesty. There are things that we don't want to say because we don't want to offend anyone. I wrote something to that effect in an earlier post. I don't want to offend anyone. I've never told a Black person to his/her face "I can't understand you", or that they sound dumb. I am being open about it in this thread that the way some Blacks speak is an issue with me. And I'm not a "backwoods" girl, as Roseai called me. That was an insult. I'm a city girl.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-11-17)

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Phenotype
    Moreno
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles African Union(OAS) Venezuela CARICOM Dominica

Quote Originally Posted by Danielion View Post
    Papiamento is a creole tongue, and I'd guess is relatively easily learned. So as long as the language dominates society and immigrants know it to open doors for them socially, there probably is little to fear.
    That's is true, although not everyone is learning it, which they need too. But you are right.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaquille For This Useful Post:

Danielion (2018-11-12)

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2a
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Phenotype
    Moreno
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles African Union(OAS) Venezuela CARICOM Dominica

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    well definitely yeah, papiamento is by far one of the most interesting languages ive come across. i have a self-learning papiament"U" book, which is curacao dialect so i might check it out sometime. My Aruban family members might have to correct me though since im learning the curacao dialect, there wasnt a papiamento book available.

But good thing for me 2-3 of my aunts were born on Curacao, so its all good i think.

so yeah, even so if i am not considered black or mulatto to some people i can always consider myself half aruban or afro-caribbean.

- - - Updated - - -

ppl always think its the black daddy that leaves his family and starts another family elsewhere. Apparently white men are also adept skill at it xD

personally i never needed a father cuz my mom was both a mom and a dad, but yeah. it definitely has to stop. i never knew what it was like to have a complete family so yeah xD
    There is almost no difference between Papiamento and Papiamentu, only some words are wroted differently but that just it. Would be strange if your Aruban family would correct you. My Aruban and Curaçaon family didn't give a damn about that. Arubans, Bonairians, and Curaçaons can understand each other differently.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

My blog: http://dutchcaribbeanroots.blogspot.com/?m=1

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shaquille For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-11-12)

Established Member
    Celestial Supremacist Game Theory's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    E1b1a7a
    mtDNA
    L4b2
    Metaethnos
    American
    Ethnicity
    Black American
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Politics
    Afram-centrism
    Religion
    Church of Christ
    United States

Is this a real question?
    Paxhumana died a long time ago Anodyne, GET OVER IT!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Game Theory For This Useful Post:

KingKhalasi (2018-11-12)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    Since when is Northeast african a ssa component??? this "ssa" component is basal eurasian related to ANA. and about this gedmatch result are you blind or a liar?? wtf where did you see 25.28% ssa??? again why don't you show me some gedmatch results or even dna test ??? and as i said stop being obsessed with us you always try to make a link between us and you because we had a brilliant past. No we're not part of your family filthy mongrel. https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...02929707624173 read my friend + the moroccans with high amount of ssa in them are not really moroccans they're mixed they probably had black ancestors dating back from the slave trade but not all moroccans are mixed with black stop dreaming.
    Sorry but the Northeast African component on Eurogenes k15 is found the highest on black africans, even Bantus score 29.16, you really do not know anything about Gedmatch

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...zUQ/edit#gid=0

Moroccans on that spreadsheet score 13.79

so yes, that comes from the SSA

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15