Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    The enslaved population was already rapidly descreasing in the late 1700s, in early 1800s enslaved people were not the majority in the Dutch Caribbean due to manumission and maroons fleeing to Northern Venezuela, however Suriname they still were the majority. The Dutch were different than the rest of the slave holders from other european ethnicities in some cases. No offense, but people always try to portray the Dutch Caribbean as the same like any other island but its not.

And also, we didnt have much plantations either. Only Suriname had alot of plantations and Curacao only had a few, where as in Aruba they didnt had any neither did Bonaire, Saba, and I think even Sint Maarten and Sint Eustatius.

Shaquille, the other question to ask is how widespread was the pro independence sentiment among those colonies, cuz as far as I have studied the matter, most Caribbean colonies were loyalist inclined, no matter the metrópolis that held them. The Haitian/Dominican case is by itself an anomaly in a mostly pro-colonialist archipielago.

The political situation in the Dutch Caribbean was pretty much complicated, and not everybody in the Dutch Caribbean were loyal to the Dutch. But you are right, most Caribbean colonies were loyalist and I alaways figured that Bolivar was a hypocrite, the way he treated my countrymen Manuel Piar

I am very busy with my studies right now so I cant give you more answers, but I will definetly come back to discuss this further.

@KingKhalasi Why is your Meta-ethncity 50% french and 50% fulani?
    I forgot to mention in the previous post that another factor complicating the situation in the Dutch Caribbean was their position as middlemen as far as slave trading went. In other words, even if they didnt get to have as many slaves residing in the islands as the rest of the archipielago, the ones in transit to other ports could still do a lot of damage. This was particularly true as far as Curacao was concerned, since not only it acted as an intermediate point between recently arrived ships from África to other destinies, but it also was a colony in which slaves were "seasoned" to aclimate to their new destinies and condition, so imagine the effect that some random freedom proclamation leaflets could have in such transients.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

Shaquille (2018-11-16)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

[~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    Today @ 20:29
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    Ghanaian/Bantu/Europe
    Ethnicity
    African + NW European
    Phenotype
    Sudanid + Atlantid
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Kenya Tanzania Ghana Netherlands Antilles

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    You shouldn't put too much trust on those calculators, some told me that my euro ancestry was Spanish. Or that I was part yoruba or tingrinya etc.
    yeah i know. the only "tests" i really trust are Xcode life 2.0 and Genomebox tbh.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

YourDNAPortal K7 test results:

^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2