User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much control of your own life did your parents let you have when you were a teenager?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely none

0 0%
  • Very little

1 25.00%
  • A moderate amount

1 25.00%
  • Very much

2 50.00%
  • Complete independence

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How much control of your own life did your parents let you have when you were a teenager?28 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:01
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Martnen View Post
    I had not much of a social life because my parents would have killed me if I got drunk.

Mine were worse - no R-rated movies until age 17, but I used streaming websites to circumvent that.

Mine were like that, too, which was stupid. I trust my friends, that should be enough.

No, it isn't. It's just stupid and overprotective. I'm also in my 20s, and I resent every fucking thing my parents did when I was a teen. EVERY. FUCKING. THING.
    My parents were very strict about not drinking alcohol until I was 21(though my dad partied in his youth). However, since I was the youngest cousin of the family, I was well aware of the effects from seeing older cousins and uncles get drunk, I didn't want to be that like that in front of my friends, so I abstained till 21st bday.

My parent's had rules against no rated M games, though I usually played them at a friend's house.

I'm sure you trusted your friend, but that's not the point, it's about whether your friend's parents were trustworthy.

If you're in your 20's, why do you still care about this? Are you the martyr for overprotected teenagers now? lol
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2018-11-13)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Bobby Martnen's Avatar
    Last Online
    2018-12-08 @ 11:16
    I1a2a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Gorid
    Politics
    Anti-feminist
    Religion
    Christianity
    GEDmatch
    None of your business
    United States Ireland clover Italy Sicily Germany imperial flag Slovakia Kingdom of Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    My parents were very strict about not drinking alcohol until I was 21(though my dad partied in his youth). However, since I was the youngest cousin of the family, I was well aware of the effects from seeing older cousins and uncles get drunk, I didn't want to be that like that in front of my friends, so I abstained till 21st bday.
    If your dad partied in his youth, he's a bloody hypocrite to forbid you the same.

There's no reason for the drinking age to be so high. Ideally it would be 15/16. 18 at max.

I drank alcohol behind their backs without their permission, and I'm damn proud of it. Occasionally I'd even hide it near my high school and drink with friends off campus.

My parent's had rules against no rated M games, though I usually played them at a friend's house.
    Those are bogus rules, and I still hate my parents for them. I played at friend's houses, too.

I'm sure you trusted your friend, but that's not the point, it's about whether your friend's parents were trustworthy.
    Who cares? Teenagers aren't some sort of precious porcelain dolls in need of protection.

If you're in your 20's, why do you still care about this? Are you the martyr for overprotected teenagers now? lol
    Emotional scars cut deep.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

Also my penis is not a very good penis, I don't like it much. Sometimes I wish it would fall off and then I could put it in the garbage disposal.
    alright then, such things happen I guess

Established Member
    Last Online
    I1a2a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Gorid
    Politics
    Anti-feminist
    Religion
    Christianity
    GEDmatch
    None of your business
    United States Ireland clover Italy Sicily Germany imperial flag Slovakia Kingdom of Yugoslavia

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    alright then, such things happen I guess
    I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a castrati.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Acquisitorz's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Liberal
    Religion
    Lol
    Flanders lion Israel Russia

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a castrati.
    Im sure this insignificant curiosity of yours can be satisfied. Its not hard to do.

But in reality it appears that your libido isnt there which can also be a side effect of very wrong upbringing.

Established Member
    Last Online
    I1a2a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Gorid
    Politics
    Anti-feminist
    Religion
    Christianity
    GEDmatch
    None of your business

Quote Originally Posted by Acquisitorz View Post
    Im sure this insignificant curiosity of yours can be satisfied. Its not hard to do.

But in reality it appears that your libido isnt there which can also be a side effect of very wrong upbringing.
    My parents were very strict, but they weren't abusive or perverted or anything like that

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:01
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

If your dad partied in his youth, he's a bloody hypocrite to forbid you the same.

There's no reason for the drinking age to be so high. Ideally it would be 15/16. 18 at max.

I drank alcohol behind their backs without their permission, and I'm damn proud of it. Occasionally I'd even hide it near my high school and drink with friends off campus.

Those are bogus rules, and I still hate my parents for them. I played at friend's houses, too.

Who cares? Teenagers aren't some sort of precious porcelain dolls in need of protection.

Emotional scars cut deep.
    I knew he was a hypocrite, but I also was not a party football jock like my father was, I didn't want that party life. I admit that occasionally I snuck some liquor from the pantry when home alone, but never drank with friends. Same thing with weed when it was still illegal, I became overly paranoid with my friends, I preferred to smoke alone.

I understood from their perspective, because when I was a kid, I had a friend who lived with his constantly drunk dad. One time that dad drove us to a mutual friend's party while still drunk. Ever since, my parents have been more careful about checking the parents.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

Established Member
    Last Online
    I1a2a
    Race
    Europid
    Metaethnos
    Anglo-American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto-Gorid
    Politics
    Anti-feminist
    Religion
    Christianity
    GEDmatch
    None of your business

I knew he was a hypocrite, but I also was not a party football jock like my father was, I didn't want that party life. I admit that occasionally I snuck some liquor from the pantry when home alone, but never drank with friends. Same thing with weed when it was still illegal, I became overly paranoid with my friends, I preferred to smoke alone.
    Why didn't you call him out on his hypocrisy?

I understood from their perspective, because when I was a kid, I had a friend who lived with his constantly drunk dad. One time that dad drove us to a mutual friend's party while still drunk. Ever since, my parents have been more careful about checking the parents.
    I'd still take the risk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2