User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it possible that im part nigerian?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Looking at your results, i would say so yes

0 0%
  • Kinda, maybe minor Nigerian imput

0 0%
  • Idk LOL

0 0%
  • No, your not part nigerian

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Am i more Nigerian than i anticipated originally?254 days old

Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-29 @ 14:26
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    I will try to find some more information about this, but seeing how the Sephardic Jews were making up 50% of the European population in the mid-late 18th century (ABC islands), I would stick with this theory but afterall I can be wrong.
    aight lol, see what chu can find xd it could be jewish idk, but jews arent north african. and on the Jtest eurogenes i only scored like 3.54% ashkenazi, or 2.54% i dont remember. eitherway they said if the percentage was below 5% or 6% it was just noise, or it ment u werent part ashkenazi.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

YourDNAPortal K7 test results:

^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands Dominica

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    aight lol, see what chu can find xd it could be jewish idk, but jews arent north african. and on the Jtest eurogenes i only scored like 3.54% ashkenazi, or 2.54% i dont remember. eitherway they said if the percentage was below 5% or 6% it was just noise, or it ment u werent part ashkenazi.
    Sephardic Jews score North African, they are mainly a mix of Iberian, West Asian, along with some North African. . They also scored some Ashkenazi.

People were not very positive about the Jtest so idk I can't tell you much about it. But If I got some time, I will look for info regarding fulani slaves in the Dutch Caribbean, that is the most interesting theory and could definitely be true.
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-12-16 at 17:57.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Sephardic Jews score North African, they are mainly a mix of Iberian, West Asian, along with some North African. . They also scored some Ashkenazi.

People were not very positive about the Jtest so idk I can't tell you much about it. But If I got some time, I will look for info regarding fulani slaves in the Dutch Caribbean, that is the most interesting theory and could definitely be true.
    oh well lol, if i have sephardic then its very distant since ancestryDNA only gave me <1% iberian. the fula theory seems far more likely, also considering that all my middle eastern is most likely north african and not actual arab or middle eastern.

the only way i can think of it logically is as it being passed down through slavetrade, and its very likely too because how likely is it for a dutch caribbean to have 5-15% Kenyan/Tanzanian ancestry? very unlikely, yet i have it.

also, looking at how involved the fulani were in the slavetrade probably theres no doubt that some of them were enslaved themselves too
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

oh well lol, if i have sephardic then its very distant since ancestryDNA only gave me <1% iberian. the fula theory seems far more likely, also considering that all my middle eastern is most likely north african and not actual arab or middle eastern.

the only way i can think of it logically is as it being passed down through slavetrade, and its very likely too because how likely is it for a dutch caribbean to have 5-15% Kenyan/Tanzanian ancestry? very unlikely, yet i have it.

also, looking at how involved the fulani were in the slavetrade probably theres no doubt that some of them were enslaved themselves too
    Oh lol, that's probably Bantu since most DNA companies include Bantu in the East African category, because I had that too, like 10% Kenyan and other bullshit like that.

Don't believe it, because they didn't went to the New World. Because there is no proof of people from Kenya and Tanzania shipped to the Dutch Caribbean, or even to the New World.

However, If you can provide me sources regarding slaves from Kenya/Tanzania arriving to the Dutch Caribbean, that would be helpful. Since the Dutch never went there in the first place. If you really think that you have ancestry from that place then I suggest you to do 23andme since it's East African category is pretty much accurate for people from the region of East Africa. And they don't include Bantu peoples. I only have 0.3% But that could be noise.

Fula slaves are being mentioned in old sources in the Guianas (Guyana and Suriname) since they had descriptions of of different African ethnic groups coming to that region. So it's very likely that some Fula slaves were here as well, also don't you have roots outside the Dutch Caribbean? Because you should look at that as well.

I looked it up for you btw. If you want the source I can give it to you, although I don't know if you are good at reading Old Dutch.
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-12-17 at 05:29.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Oh lol, that's probably Bantu since most DNA companies include Bantu in the East African category, because I had that too, like 10% Kenyan and other bullshit like that.

Don't believe it, because they didn't went to the New World. Because there is no proof of people from Kenya and Tanzania shipped to the Dutch Caribbean, or even to the New World.

However, If you can provide me sources regarding slaves from Kenya/Tanzania arriving to the Dutch Caribbean, that would be helpful. Since the Dutch never went there in the first place. If you really think that you have ancestry from that place then I suggest you to do 23andme since it's East African category is pretty much accurate for people from the region of East Africa. And they don't include Bantu peoples. I only have 0.3% But that could be noise.

Fula slaves are being mentioned in old sources in the Guianas (Guyana and Suriname) since they had descriptions of of different African ethnic groups coming to that region. So it's very likely that some Fula slaves were here as well, also don't you have roots outside the Dutch Caribbean? Because you should look at that as well.

I looked it up for you btw. If you want the source I can give it to you, although I don't know if you are good at reading Old Dutch.
    well ok, maybe it might not be tanzanian or kenyan, but i do know that i have something from east africa, whether its southeast or northeast. Mozambique seems the most logical in this case, and im pretty sure they were also included in small numbers to the dutch caribbean. eitherway sure, it still doesnt explain my 17% middle eastern score but aight.

and bro, idk. looking at how i cant understand some new dutch old dutch will be like japanese to my brain

and lol, yeah. i have family from Jamaica, Saba, St Eustatius, America (slave trade) and some other shitz. I bet i still have alot of family left in Ghana cuz my mom told me once that everyone with my surname is somehow related to eachother. Seems like there are 22k ppl in ghana with my surname LOL

Last edited by KingKhalasi; 2018-12-17 at 10:16.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

well ok, maybe it might not be tanzanian or kenyan, but i do know that i have something from east africa, whether its southeast or northeast. Mozambique seems the most logical in this case, and im pretty sure they were also included in small numbers to the dutch caribbean. eitherway sure, it still doesnt explain my 17% middle eastern score but aight.

and bro, idk. looking at how i cant understand some new dutch old dutch will be like japanese to my brain

and lol, yeah. i have family from Jamaica, Saba, St Eustatius, America (slave trade) and some other shitz. I bet i still have alot of family left in Ghana cuz my mom told me once that everyone with my surname is somehow related to eachother. Seems like there are 22k ppl in ghana with my surname LOL

South East Africa would be the most logical.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

South East Africa would be the most logical.
    jup i agree. Since Malawi and Mozambique i think were somewhat included a bit in the slave trade (not alot of ppl to the dutch caribbean, but amongst those 500+ ppl some couldve very well contributed to my family line)

eitherway i guess the only way to truly find out is via genealogy, or a test specifically designed for afro-descendants.

But when are we gonna see that day xD commerical companies dont care about blacks, majority of their database are white mothafuckas anyway.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

jup i agree. Since Malawi and Mozambique i think were somewhat included a bit in the slave trade (not alot of ppl to the dutch caribbean, but amongst those 500+ ppl some couldve very well contributed to my family line)

eitherway i guess the only way to truly find out is via genealogy, or a test specifically designed for afro-descendants.

But when are we gonna see that day xD commerical companies dont care about blacks, majority of their database are white mothafuckas anyway.
    True, only way to find out is genealogy but that is also very difficult. And yeah there need to be a DNA test specifically for afro-descedants. I agree.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

True, only way to find out is genealogy but that is also very difficult. And yeah there need to be a DNA test specifically for afro-descedants. I agree.
    lol jup, especially if you are from the new world. genealogy in the new world means very little without a ethnicity test to back it up because we are all so damn mixed.

Yeah, my great grandmothers were from Saba and St Eustatius, but that doesnt say anything because "Saba" isnt a race or ethnicity, its a nationality tag. Thats what i hate about the new world xD

in africa its so much easier. Are you and all your ancestors from the Ashanti region of Ghana? then your ghanaian ashanti, easy peasy lemon squeasy xD

and jup definitely. But then again, who's gonna make a DNA test for ppl like us? to begin with nobody is interested in african DNA because its only dumb ass white americans, brits, and dutch/germans etc taking DNA tests as majority. like NIGGA, who cares where you are from, you are goddamn white you are from europe xD it aint that hard to guess and yet all commercial tests are geared towards europeans.

but whateva, who am i 2 complain lmao
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

lol jup, especially if you are from the new world. genealogy in the new world means very little without a ethnicity test to back it up because we are all so damn mixed.

Yeah, my great grandmothers were from Saba and St Eustatius, but that doesnt say anything because "Saba" isnt a race or ethnicity, its a nationality tag. Thats what i hate about the new world xD

in africa its so much easier. Are you and all your ancestors from the Ashanti region of Ghana? then your ghanaian ashanti, easy peasy lemon squeasy xD

and jup definitely. But then again, who's gonna make a DNA test for ppl like us? to begin with nobody is interested in african DNA because its only dumb ass white americans, brits, and dutch/germans etc taking DNA tests as majority. like NIGGA, who cares where you are from, you are goddamn white you are from europe xD it aint that hard to guess and yet all commercial tests are geared towards europeans.

but whateva, who am i 2 complain lmao
    Did you try to ask a maternal relative for more info regarding your ancestors? Because that is the first step. DNA testing can only tell you percentages etc but it can not tell you a name, age, etc because I know alot about family and its history.

Because I have this aunt who is knowledgeable about our family history. At least from her side (paternal). But from my maternal side I also know alot.
    Last edited by Shaquille; 2018-12-17 at 16:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3