User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will a Hispanic majority harm or benefit African Americans?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • It will harm them.

14 48.28%
  • It will benefit them.

1 3.45%
  • It will not affect them.

14 48.28%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will a mestizo Hispanic majority in the US benefit or harm African Americans?2386 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-13 @ 19:41
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Default Will a mestizo Hispanic majority in the US benefit or harm African Americans?

I have discussed this with a few posters a little bit but I am curious what you guys think. The disclaimer is that I am not judging anyone when I make these observations but either speaking from experience or reiterating things I have read online or heard others say.

I knew an African American girl once who said, "I can't wait for the US to be mostly Mexican/Hispanic.. as another minority group they are able to recognize the evil things that European Americans have done, and will work with us to fight the oppressor!!"

I take a different view. I personally believe that many of the programs and subsidies that disproportionately benefit African Americans (Affirmative Action, race-based quotas of any kind, or any sort of welfare that is essentially in place to benefit them) exist because white Americans feel a sense of collective guilt because of slavery here in the US.. Mexican Americans don't have anything to do with slavery and therefore feel no "guilt" for it, and have nothing to do with the reasons why African Americans are disadvantaged today. Therefore, there wouldn't be pressure on a Mexican majority in the US to fix these problems.

I also believe that Mexican Americans and other Hispanics are going to either assimilate into or merge with white America, creating a new "majority" that is halfway between white American and Hispanic, and that African Americans will remain largely distinct from this group.

I can't imagine, therefore, that a Mexican or other mestizo Hispanic majority will have any advantages for African Americans, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tauromenion For This Useful Post:

Hammer (2013-01-11), Jander Sunstar (2013-01-06)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2013-01-13 @ 00:37

I have SOOOOOOOOOOO many discussions with my Black folks on this. We all agree. It will harm us greatly. I will elaborate later. One thing I will say is this: the whole "minority camaraderie" is a FARCE and DOES NOT EXIST. Asians, Arabs, and Latinos want to align with the white population, not the Black population. There is no such thing as any coalition or unity amongst so-called "minority" groups. Ultimately, it's nonblack vs black.

Also, I don't believe you heard a Black American girl say such a thing.
    Last edited by Sunrise; 2013-01-05 at 05:41.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunrise For This Useful Post:

ayigbe (2013-01-05), Hammer (2013-01-11), Muneca (2013-01-05), Pulaar (2013-01-10), tauromenion (2013-01-05)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

I don't think Latinos really care about or have a goal to "align" or become associated with/help/oppress/harm/assist any group. Latinos only come to the US to succeed and look out for their own, point blank. None of this bullishtery of race majority or minority, etc. I am not aware of any alliance or conspiracies pro or against either group.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pao For This Useful Post:

Arminfrench (2013-01-11), Hammer (2013-01-11), Hoxxx (2013-01-05), Jander Sunstar (2013-01-06), juan1193 (2013-01-05), Mexican_Abdullah (2013-01-10), tauromenion (2013-01-05), Tico (2013-01-05)

QBQ Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2013-01-13 @ 00:37

Quote Originally Posted by Pao View Post
    I don't think Latinos really care about or have a goal to "align" or become associated with/help/oppress/harm/assist any group. Latinos only come to the US to succeed and look out for their own, point blank. None of this bullishtery of race majority or minority, etc. I am not aware of any alliance or conspiracies pro or against either group.
    Are you a citizen/live in the United States?

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist tauromenion's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-07-13 @ 19:41
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Politics
    Moderate.
    Italy Sicily-II Greece Portugal Israel Star of David Poland Cape Verde

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Also, I don't believe you heard a Black American girl say such a thing.
    You'd be surprised. She was not the brightest person I know.. but one of her friends, another African American, quickly told her that her opinion was misguided and uninformed.

I am curious to hear your point of view though, when you decide to post it.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Are you a citizen/live in the United States?
    Sí, por qué?

Established Member
    Last Online
    2014-11-20 @ 03:25
    American
    Phenotype
    Sahelid+Sudanid
    Politics
    Civic Nationalism
    United States

The growing hispanic demographic will have no greater effect on us than on White Americans. We are not being displaced by the incoming flow and growth of Hispanics, we still hold the same percentage of the total population percentage as previous decades, unlike white Americans. Politically, the majority of the current Hispanic population votes similarly to African Americans,though the issue of Welfare is ultimately more of a class issue,than a race issue. In regards to economics, the trend has been upward improvement for the Afram community, and by the time Hispanics actually do become the majority, Aframs will be in a much better position economically than the present.

This question really isn't pertinent to Aframs, as it rarely ever comes up. This question is much more applicable to White Americans.
    "Women having other qualities is not interesting to men because we don't need them! Femininity will be the price women pay for enjoying masculinity in men!" - MGTOW Manifesto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wuSQpiWtdU All about that Southside

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soul Unlimited For This Useful Post:

Hammer (2013-01-11), Jander Sunstar (2013-01-06), jonboyclem (2013-01-05)

Established Member
    Usuario
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Pao View Post
    Sí, por qué?
    I thought you lived in Mexico, or did you move recently?

Last Online
    2015-10-27 @ 00:43
    United States Australia Aboriginal Canada Quebec Brazil United States Tennessee Confederate States of America

I think it may depend on what type of culture a Hispanic America would have. If it's the same PC culture we have now, then I don't think it would harm them.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by jibarodepr View Post
    I thought you lived in Mexico, or did you move recently?
    A good part of my time here in ABF I was in Mexico. I think when I first joined as well and all the times I said "here" and referred to Mexico. However, I'm acquainted/familiar/part of/ may legally reside in both countries.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pao For This Useful Post:

jibarodepr (2013-01-05)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast