User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63

Thread: Kurdish People220 days old

  1. #11
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-02 @ 00:13
    Join Date
    2017-08-06
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Gender
    Age
    22
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Italian
    Phenotype
    Med + Alpine
    Brazil Portugal Italy

    Default

    Phenotypically diverse people, many familiar faces, one example of what I'm talking about:


    The man above looks like a Brazilian politician/businessman.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Latinus For This Useful Post:

    Magnetic (2019-01-15)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #12
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-08-12 @ 23:24
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    1,075
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Phenotypically diverse people, many familiar faces, one example of what I'm talking about:


    The man above looks like a Brazilian politician/businessman.
    a few people already said that we are "diverse" . but we are not any more diverse than other ethnicities

    I dont get it . in fact I think we are very homogenous looking . if you look carefully you will see that a lot of us look very similar to each other
    Kurdish People Gallery - http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...487&highlight=

    http://up.picr.de/35629749gd.jpg?rand=1556470851

    bronze age modelling g25 :

    https://up.picr.de/36214679dw.jpg

    "fit": 2.4371,

    "Greek_Crete": 70.83,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 25.83,
    "Oroqen": 2.5,
    "Karitiana": 0.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0,

    ----

    "fit": 2.5743,

    "Iranian_Mazandarani": 62.5,
    "Greek_Crete": 37.5,

  5. #13
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-02 @ 00:13
    Join Date
    2017-08-06
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Gender
    Age
    22
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Italian
    Phenotype
    Med + Alpine
    Brazil Portugal Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    a few people already said that we are "diverse" . but we are not any more diverse than other ethnicities

    I dont get it . in fact I think we are very homogenous looking . if you look carefully you will see that a lot of us look very similar to each other
    I find them heterogenous because I see people that could fit in Southern Europe/Balkans and others that would look off in the Old World. Why would you say this overlap with Southern Euros exist among Kurds?

  6. #14
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-08-12 @ 23:24
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    1,075
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    I find them heterogenous because I see people that could fit in Southern Europe/Balkans and others that would look off in the Old World.
    look off in the old world ? what ? lol . kurds are from the old world . what do you mean ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Why would you say this overlap with Southern Euros exist among Kurds?
    because there is overlap between europe and west asia . however as groups we are distinguishable of course
    Kurdish People Gallery - http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...487&highlight=

    http://up.picr.de/35629749gd.jpg?rand=1556470851

    bronze age modelling g25 :

    https://up.picr.de/36214679dw.jpg

    "fit": 2.4371,

    "Greek_Crete": 70.83,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 25.83,
    "Oroqen": 2.5,
    "Karitiana": 0.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0,

    ----

    "fit": 2.5743,

    "Iranian_Mazandarani": 62.5,
    "Greek_Crete": 37.5,

  7. #15
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-02 @ 00:13
    Join Date
    2017-08-06
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Gender
    Age
    22
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Italian
    Phenotype
    Med + Alpine
    Brazil Portugal Italy

    Default

    By Old World I meant only Europe, lol. And how is the genetics of the average Kurd? Even the Euro looking ones would have the same genetic ancestry of the non-Euro looking ones?

  8. #16
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-08-12 @ 23:24
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    1,075
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

    Default

    @Latinus

    yes we are all genetically similar no matter if a person would fit in europe phenotypically or not

    I have posted a lot of gedmatch results I think you missed them we are mostly caucasus/west asian and mediterranean/neolithic farmer . but it also depends on which calculator or genetic test we are talking about because they have different components . however in general we are predominantly west asian / caucasus / gedrosia + mediterranean
    Kurdish People Gallery - http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...487&highlight=

    http://up.picr.de/35629749gd.jpg?rand=1556470851

    bronze age modelling g25 :

    https://up.picr.de/36214679dw.jpg

    "fit": 2.4371,

    "Greek_Crete": 70.83,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 25.83,
    "Oroqen": 2.5,
    "Karitiana": 0.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0,

    ----

    "fit": 2.5743,

    "Iranian_Mazandarani": 62.5,
    "Greek_Crete": 37.5,

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

    Latinus (2019-01-16)

  10. #17
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-08-12 @ 23:24
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    1,075
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

    Default

    btw. @Latinus . you dont have to be/look european to be of the caucasian race . that is a very eurocentric view . we are all the same ethnicity and same race no matter if some look european and others clearly west asian .
    Kurdish People Gallery - http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...487&highlight=

    http://up.picr.de/35629749gd.jpg?rand=1556470851

    bronze age modelling g25 :

    https://up.picr.de/36214679dw.jpg

    "fit": 2.4371,

    "Greek_Crete": 70.83,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 25.83,
    "Oroqen": 2.5,
    "Karitiana": 0.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0,

    ----

    "fit": 2.5743,

    "Iranian_Mazandarani": 62.5,
    "Greek_Crete": 37.5,

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

    An Shigao (2019-01-18)

  12. #18
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-02 @ 00:13
    Join Date
    2017-08-06
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Gender
    Age
    22
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Italian
    Phenotype
    Med + Alpine
    Brazil Portugal Italy

    Default

    Yes, I'm aware that caucasian englobe populations outside of Europe: Middle East, North Africa and India.
    In fact, I even find the term "white" a bit ambiguos, you have MENA looking Euros that are classified as white because of their ancestry/place of birth and Levantine looking Euros not classified as white because of their place of birth/ethnic origin.

  13. #19
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-08-12 @ 23:24
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    1,075
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that caucasian englobe populations outside of Europe: Middle East, North Africa and India.
    In fact, I even find the term "white" a bit ambiguos, you have MENA looking Euros that are classified as white because of their ancestry/place of birth and Levantine looking Euros not classified as white because of their place of birth/ethnic origin.
    I was talking mostly about europe and northern west asia

    indians and many north africans and also some gulf arabians etc are mixed and not caucasian . indians are heavily ASI/negrito mixed for example
    Kurdish People Gallery - http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sho...487&highlight=

    http://up.picr.de/35629749gd.jpg?rand=1556470851

    bronze age modelling g25 :

    https://up.picr.de/36214679dw.jpg

    "fit": 2.4371,

    "Greek_Crete": 70.83,
    "IRN_Ganj_Dareh_N": 25.83,
    "Oroqen": 2.5,
    "Karitiana": 0.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0,

    ----

    "fit": 2.5743,

    "Iranian_Mazandarani": 62.5,
    "Greek_Crete": 37.5,

  14. #20
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-07-02 @ 00:13
    Join Date
    2017-08-06
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Gender
    Age
    22
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    Iberian + Italian
    Phenotype
    Med + Alpine
    Brazil Portugal Italy

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I was talking mostly about europe and northern west asia

    indians and many north africans and also some gulf arabians etc are mixed and not caucasian . indians are heavily ASI/negrito mixed for example
    If all these populations you mentioned weren't mixed, but fully caucasian, would they look more European or just a diferent looking type of caucasian? Not saying Euros are the standard of Caucasians, just curious if there would be more overlap with Europe.
    Yes, I forgot that North Africa has SSA elements and India the Australoid

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Kurdish people
    By limeon in forum Asia & Oceania
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 2019-01-15, 17:54
  2. Kurdish Y-DNA
    By J Man in forum y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2019-01-15, 17:52
  3. No Kurdish Flag?
    By Azamat in forum Help & Suggestions
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 2012-04-05, 19:16
  4. Kurdish DNA
    By ideas in forum Recycle Bin
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2011-06-06, 08:27
  5. Kurdish Links
    By Saif ad-Dhib in forum Links
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-10-23, 17:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<