Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist
    Aruba Netherlands Antilles Aruba Netherlands Antilles Netherlands Dominica

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    well, for me its better than most other tests when it comes to my african percentage.

the european populations are fucked up lol, the general percentages should usually be fairly close. eitherway it definitely overestimates my asian lol, theres no way im that asiatic xD
    It's a interesting test, but it fucked with my SSA and Euro %, increased the MENA heavily just like My Heritage and for some reason I am alot East Asian.
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-29 @ 14:26
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille View Post
    It's a interesting test, but it fucked with my SSA and Euro %, increased the MENA heavily just like My Heritage and for some reason I am alot East Asian.
    well yeah, thats the flaws of MyGenomeBox specifically, it's not good for not heavily admixed people like full europeans, 71%> africans like you, and middle easterners.

ive seen moroccans score 22% west european, 21% south european, etc etc and only 3% arab on this test.

for SOME reason for somebody with my genetic breakdown its quite accurate due to the fact that i am literally all over the globe, and quite admixed.

I am like 42-50% African total (moroccan/algerian included) 2-3% amerindian/asian, and 47-54% european. this comes quite close to that, aside from the fact that like 5% of my total asian score should belong to my african alongside my "Asia" score which is probably moroccan or something.

this test wont be good for everybody but for mixed mutts and mulattoes it'll do.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

YourDNAPortal K7 test results:

^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KingKhalasi For This Useful Post:

Shaquille (2019-01-24)

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

well yeah, thats the flaws of MyGenomeBox specifically, it's not good for not heavily admixed people like full europeans, 71%> africans like you, and middle easterners.

ive seen moroccans score 22% west european, 21% south european, etc etc and only 3% arab on this test.

for SOME reason for somebody with my genetic breakdown its quite accurate due to the fact that i am literally all over the globe, and quite admixed.

I am like 42-50% African total (moroccan/algerian included) 2-3% amerindian/asian, and 47-54% european. this comes quite close to that, aside from the fact that like 5% of my total asian score should belong to my african alongside my "Asia" score which is probably moroccan or something.

this test wont be good for everybody but for mixed mutts and mulattoes it'll do.
    I wonder where the MENA comes from actually. 23andme had updated their AC and now I am broadly Mena (0.8%). So it isn't too farfetched that I have it here as well
    "Los blancos, morenos, cobrizos, cruzados, marchando serenos, unidos y osados, la Patria salvemos de viles tiranos, y al mundo mostremos que somos hermanos. "Juan Pablo Duarte

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

I wonder where the MENA comes from actually. 23andme had updated their AC and now I am broadly Mena (0.8%). So it isn't too farfetched that I have it here as well
    Well shouldn't be too surprising, looking at how the dutch caribbeans prolly have some very minor sephardic blood mixed through in there with all the other mixes.

I myself am 3-10% Moroccan, anywhere inbetween that, most likely 3%, least likely 10%. XCode Life also gave me 17% middle eastern, doesnt mean necessarily that it's true.

i think most of ur european got sucked into ur Arab/Asian and african percentages SOMEHOW, im not even sure how its possible to fuck up that badly to get european mistaken for any type of african but ok, maybe somehow "North african/Mizrahi" is magically included in the african catagory? and maybe that mistaken "north african" is actually your lost european percentage haha
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Established Member
    Arubano y Curasoleno
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J2 (West Asia)
    mtDNA
    L3e2b1a2 (SSA)
    Metaethnos
    Dutch Caribbean
    Ethnicity
    Aruban/Curacaon
    Politics
    Duartian Republicanism
    Religion
    Atheist

Well shouldn't be too surprising, looking at how the dutch caribbeans prolly have some very minor sephardic blood mixed through in there with all the other mixes.

I myself am 3-10% Moroccan, anywhere inbetween that, most likely 3%, least likely 10%. XCode Life also gave me 17% middle eastern, doesnt mean necessarily that it's true.

i think most of ur european got sucked into ur Arab/Asian and african percentages SOMEHOW, im not even sure how its possible to fuck up that badly to get european mistaken for any type of african but ok, maybe somehow "North african/Mizrahi" is magically included in the african catagory? and maybe that mistaken "north african" is actually your lost european percentage haha
    Shitty test then lol.

About the Sephardic part, well thats true but the problem is I omly lack the Ashkenazi component, whereas my sister has 2,8% (On MyHeritage that is), I have seen DNA results from Sephardic Jews, thats the only thing that I lack. But the again, Sephardics were not the only people who could have contributed to the MENA % but they are a larger group than Canarians (Who came in the 1800s to the Antilles) and Lebanese (who came in the 1900s).

The only thing is, if you really wanted to be sure of a certain ancestry, doing genealogy is the best way. But I dont much about both my family (I know alot about the Dutch Antilles, but now about my own family lol) because my parents didnt knew much either. Also, I can not test them anyway.

The only thing that I could find in the online archives was that my paternal Grandmother had a baby daughter who was a stillborn. She didnt listed the father of the child and she named her child after herself. Later on she had like 8 kids.

I have Jewish relatives, with 1 being closely related but most of my DNA cousins arent Jewish anyway.

Established Member
    Last Online
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White

Shitty test then lol.

About the Sephardic part, well thats true but the problem is I omly lack the Ashkenazi component, whereas my sister has 2,8% (On MyHeritage that is), I have seen DNA results from Sephardic Jews, thats the only thing that I lack. But the again, Sephardics were not the only people who could have contributed to the MENA % but they are a larger group than Canarians (Who came in the 1800s to the Antilles) and Lebanese (who came in the 1900s).

The only thing is, if you really wanted to be sure of a certain ancestry, doing genealogy is the best way. But I dont much about both my family (I know alot about the Dutch Antilles, but now about my own family lol) because my parents didnt knew much either. Also, I can not test them anyway.

The only thing that I could find in the online archives was that my paternal Grandmother had a baby daughter who was a stillborn. She didnt listed the father of the child and she named her child after herself. Later on she had like 8 kids.

I have Jewish relatives, with 1 being closely related but most of my DNA cousins arent Jewish anyway.

yeah, its a pretty shitty test in general for people who arent like me. for me its personally very accurate, the new update gives me only 52.8% european or something, seems legit since i do have some dutch from my mom's side.

still based of the dutch antilles slave trade i'd say most of my african is bantu, i think im only 5% west african or something. my features are also more prominent amongst the bantu population (bantu's are diverse as fuck)
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2