User Tag List

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Latin America Infrastructure/Economy272 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-10-15 @ 17:00

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    Good post. I don't have any personal emotions towards China. Only view them as a "tool." But like I said countries in Latin America/Caribbean need an alternative especially considering that USA refuses to allow many LA countries to define their own futures. We've seen this many times in the past and even today. I agree that Chinese bringing their own labor to Haiti can pose additional problems which we really can not afford but its a gamble. But addressing the bolded and I do not like conspiracies(trust me I dont) but some have argued that USA media bombardment on the Dominican deaths(many which were months or even years apart) had to do with DR aligning with China and USA trying to "punish" DR in that regard. Again do not like conspiracies. Your thoughts?
    Or perhaps it was a distraction from something else (which could be plenty of things) or nothing interesting to report on so they rode the deaths in the Dominican Republic home.

Someone was poisoning those people at those resorts and it’s not issue to take lightly.

If multiple people die in one place or resort, in those cases there were multiple deaths at one single resort among others, (like my cousin and her friend came back sick from Punta Cana once) yes it’s cause for concern. (But Ive known several others who went years ago before my cousin and didn’t get sick at all).

Actually one even could argue it would help the Dominican economy because there are so many other interesting places to go and tourists when they visit places usually tend to flock to specific locations.

Things like this do make the mind run wild but everything isn’t a conspiracy theory.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Niger-Congo $avage BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    I don't think so, the problem is that USA likes blowing everything out of portion when one of their fellow citizen dies, then they start looking for more similar deaths aboard from that same nation

I doubt it has anything to do with the China/USA issue, no offense to the DR but America can sleep without them because their economy would not get affected by that, they are not their top exporter or top importer, not even their top investor

If America wanted to harm the DR, they would easily ruin their economy with no problem. The DR depends on America, sadly, while America doesn't depend on DR.
    It's not about whether or not America needs DR but Monroe doctrine. And other countries have been punished for switching to China.
    Senior US Senator Wants To Cut Ties With Solomon Islands

https://www.solomontimes.com/news/se...n-islands/9351

Anyways like I said its a conspiracy. However, if you think America is not mad that DR, El Salvador or Panama ditched Taiwan for China then I don't know what to tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason1234 View Post
    Worth noting that all of the above claimed to have been founded by foreigners from north africa or the middle east.
    Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    Actually I'm surprised because I've just verified and even the wiki articles show that you're right ...I feel bad for these aframs.
    We WUZ WEST AFRICANS and SHIET!!

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

It's not about whether or not America needs DR but Monroe doctrine. And other countries have been punished for switching to China.

Anyways like I said its a conspiracy. However, if you think America is not mad that DR, El Salvador or Panama ditched Taiwan for China then I don't know what to tell you.
    Specially since their embassies on the countries in question made the disapproval of the USDOS known loudly and clear enough.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2019-09-20)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    Specially since their embassies on the countries in question made the disapproval of the USDOS known loudly and clear enough.
    Facts. The USA wants everyone in their "backyard" to be politically aligned with them. Whether they consider them "useful" or not. More importantly they don't want China in their backyard.
    Worth noting that all of the above claimed to have been founded by foreigners from north africa or the middle east.
    Actually I'm surprised because I've just verified and even the wiki articles show that you're right ...I feel bad for these aframs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

El Andullero (2019-09-20)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

The thing is that China has already had a big presence in Latin America, they are one of Latin America biggest trading partners

They are basically in these countries

1. Brazil
    2. Argentina
    3. Chile
    4. Colombia
    5. Peru
    6. Uruguay
    7. Ecuador
    8. Panama
    9. Costa Rica
    10. Mexico

among others

I am not buying that conspiracy theory of punishment at all, China has been in Latin America for many years already and they won't be leaving any time soon

http://www.worldstopexports.com/chin...port-partners/

Also, the USA will not punish a country through their tourism, the DR wouldn't get affected by that since their economy doesn't really rely on tourism unlike certain Caribbean nations such as Barbados and Bahamas which over 50% of their economy relies on tourism and that is how they are able to prevent their nations from becoming a third world

Established Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    The thing is that China has already had a big presence in Latin America, they are one of Latin America biggest trading partners

They are basically in these countries

1. Brazil
    2. Argentina
    3. Chile
    4. Colombia
    5. Peru
    6. Uruguay
    7. Ecuador
    8. Panama
    9. Costa Rica
    10. Mexico

among others

I am not buying that conspiracy theory of punishment at all, China has been in Latin America for many years already and they won't be leaving any time soon

http://www.worldstopexports.com/chin...port-partners/

Also, the USA will not punish a country through their tourism, the DR wouldn't get affected by that since their economy doesn't really rely on tourism unlike certain Caribbean nations such as Barbados and Bahamas which over 50% of their economy relies on tourism and that is how they are able to prevent their nations from becoming a third world
    Like I said its a conspiracy I heard but more importantly I don't try to get stuck on conspiracies.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic

Getting back on topic and since this is the architecture section... A lot of people don't know that us Haitians developed our very own architecture style that in my own opinion could compete with some of the most aesthetic European or Latin American architecture styles. Yes indeed he style was obviously influenced by the French but us Haitians added our own twist to it. The style is called "Gingerbread houses." What's interesting is that out of all the type of buildings in Haiti these ones survived the 2010 Earthquake compared to the modern buildings. If Haiti's infrastructure ever gets renovated I pray they keep this architecture in mind.

Gingerbread houses are an architectural style that originated in Haiti in the late 19th century. Gingerbread was coined by American tourists in the 1950s, who appreciated the style which bore similarity to that of the Victorian-era buildings in the United States.

The movement of the style began in 1881 with the Haitian National Palace. In 1895, three young Haitians—Georges Baussan, Léon Mathon, and Joseph-Eugène Maximilien—traveled to Paris to study architecture, were inspired to build upon the nascent architectural movement, and modified the style to the climate in Haiti by designing homes with vibrant patterns and flamboyant colors to the French resort architecture.

The gingerbread house by design combines architectural knowledge that stemmed abroad, into an understanding of the Caribbean climate and its living conditions. They were constructed with tall doors, high ceilings, with steep turret roofs to redirect hot air above its inhabitable rooms, along with a cross-breeze of louvred shutter windows on all sides instead of glass to offset the most scorching of days, and flexible timber frames with the innate ability to weather some of the toughest storms and tremors, built with wrap-around verandas.[3][4] The houses are usually constructed out of wood, masonry, or stone and clay.

This specific architectural heritage in Haiti is now seriously threatened as the natural aging of the wood, the weather, the high cost of restoration and repairs are all slightly favorable to the survival of this monumental. The style has been nominated to the 2010 World Monuments Watch. However, only five percent of the estimated 300,000 houses were partially or fully collapsed due to the 2010 earthquake, compared to 40% of all other infrastructures that were considered to be in vital condition, which leaves U.S. conservation experts to believe that this architecture can be a model for seismic-resistant activity of the future.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginger...(architecture)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

Celph Titled (2019-09-22), El Andullero (2019-09-22)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

I never heard of those Gingerbread houses, they look nice, very colonial
    I am a big fan of colonial architecture

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2019-09-22)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic

Now you cats see why I am obsessed/crazy about Haiti getting infrastructural development?

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:54
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    HV3b
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Iranid
    Phenotype