Jamaican
    Phenotype
    West African looking
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya
    England Jamaica Skull and crossbones

Documentary exploring the Idea of Haitian tourism.

Seem to be mainly targeting Haitians from the diaspora.
    @BlessedbyHorus : I heard that Haitians put in work when it comes to remittances? Is it true.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 2019-02-10 at 14:08.

Established Member
    Descendant of Askia Mohammad I BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:08
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    Documentary exploring the Idea of Haitian tourism.

Seem to be mainly targeting Haitians from the diaspora.
    @BlessedbyHorus : I heard that Haitians put in work when it comes to remittances? Is it true.

VERY TRUE. But Haiti is gonna need ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more than tourism to save it. Tbh I'm SLOWLY repeat SLOWLY warming up to your monarchy idea but pure monarchy but something similar to it. Fact is in the real world not all societies are meant for democracy.

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    VERY TRUE. But Haiti is gonna need ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more than tourism to save it. Tbh I'm SLOWLY repeat SLOWLY warming up to your monarchy idea but pure monarchy but something similar to it. Fact is in the real world not all societies are meant for democracy.
    Would you be open to the idea of a latter day Henri Christophe (sans the character flaws)?

Established Member
    Descendant of Askia Mohammad I BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:08
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    Would you be open to the idea of a latter day Henri Christophe (sans the character flaws)?
    Not LITERALLY a monarchy like Henri. However, Haitians are a VERY authoritarian ppl. They want stability and order. Its always been like that and we even see it in America. I know this is gonna sound controversial but Haiti needs an authoritarian leader like Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin, or even Gaddafi for that matter to keep things in order and to keep the USA/Clintons/Canadians at bay and to keep the rich boule Haitians(who are eating away the country since the 70s) at bay. Like I said this may sound very controversial but its what Haiti needs. Haitians don't mind authoritarians as long as he/she keeps everything stable and attempts to build.

However, if Haiti does have a stable monarchy I wouldn't mind it. But fact is democracy has been botched in Haiti. Haiti is not the Bahamas, Barbados or Trinidad. It is what it is.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

El Andullero (2019-02-11), TheMask (2019-03-04)

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:55
    Y-DNA
    E-U174/P252
    mtDNA
    U6a3f
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Bakongo/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    West African looking
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya

VERY TRUE. But Haiti is gonna need ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOT more than tourism to save it.
    I know. However, it a start.

Tbh I'm SLOWLY repeat SLOWLY warming up to your monarchy idea but pure monarchy but something similar to it. Fact is in the real world not all societies are meant for democracy.
    Sak Pase.
    Long viv Anperè Faustin ak Jean-Jacque. Long ap viv wa Henri.

My position isn't Absolute Monarchy but (Semi) Constitutional Monarchy. Remember most existing monarchies in the world today are constitutional not absolute. And they are by far some of the most stable countries on the planet.
    Last edited by Iron Hand; 2019-02-11 at 09:22.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2019-02-11), El Andullero (2019-02-11)

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    E-U174/P252
    mtDNA
    U6a3f
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Bakongo/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    West African looking
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya

Not LITERALLY a monarchy like Henri. However, Haitians are a VERY authoritarian ppl. They want stability and order. Its always been like that and we even see it in America.
    That I didn't know.

I know this is gonna sound controversial but Haiti needs an authoritarian leader like Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin, or even Gaddafi for that matter to keep things in order and to keep the USA/Clintons/Canadians at bay and to keep the rich boule Haitians(who are eating away the country since the 70s) at bay. Like I said this may sound very controversial but its what Haiti needs. Haitians don't mind authoritarians as long as he/she keeps everything stable and attempts to build.
    I understand your position. However, when it comes to the bolded part forget them.

However, if Haiti does have a stable monarchy I wouldn't mind it. But fact is democracy has been botched in Haiti. Haiti is not the Bahamas, Barbados or Trinidad. It is what it is.
    I suggest a well known Haitian to become King as a semi-constitutional monarch (A monarch that reigns but doesn't rule. The Monarchy would have more power than say 'The Queen'. Think Jordanian, Bhutanese or Omani monarchies.)
    I suggest Wyclef Jean. LOL

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

El Andullero (2019-02-11)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Brazil has no cultural power in Latin America at all, in fact there is more Hispanic influence in their country coming from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Argentina than the other way around

And a lot of it has to due with the fact that their language is Portuguese, so no one really pays attention to what they do, to their media, to their artist unless they are crossing over to the Spanish speaking market which many Brazilians do, yet no Hispanic crosses over to the Portuguese market

I feel that if Brazil was a Spanish speaking nation, they would be more influential in the region, especially in the music scene because they have a lot of great genres and the music scene would eventually be taken over by them

I can already see Puerto Ricans appropriating their genres like they have done with Dominican/Cuban/Panamanian genres
    Lol! C'mon Dude. It was just a lighthearted comment. As you point out, Brazilians aren't Hispanic because they don't speak Spanish and they identify historically with Portugal instead of Spain. Trying to argue that Brazilian culture has no influence though is kinda crazy to me. (i.e. wrong.) No big deal. There is more than enough room for Brazilian culture and Hispanic Latino culture. I love the fact that they are both distinct, separate and have different things to offer.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-02-23 @ 20:55
    I1d
    mtDNA
    B2
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Afro-Viking AmerIndian
    Ethnicity
    Black/African American
    Phenotype
    FAIL! Try genetics.
    Sweden African Union(OAS) United States United States Eastern Band Cherokee Cuba

Not LITERALLY a monarchy like Henri. However, Haitians are a VERY authoritarian ppl. They want stability and order. Its always been like that and we even see it in America. I know this is gonna sound controversial but Haiti needs an authoritarian leader like Fidel Castro, Vladimir Putin, or even Gaddafi for that matter to keep things in order and to keep the USA/Clintons/Canadians at bay and to keep the rich boule Haitians(who are eating away the country since the 70s) at bay. Like I said this may sound very controversial but its what Haiti needs. Haitians don't mind authoritarians as long as he/she keeps everything stable and attempts to build.

When was the last time Haiti was ruled by someone who wasn't either on the take for themselves or under the thumb of the "rich boule Haitians." Authoritarians are always self-interested narcissists who claim to "act for the people" while lining their pockets and the pockets of relatives and friends...using foreign aid cash (i.e. U.S./Clinton/Canadian money and others to do it). If they aren't elitists when they start they will be by the time they eliminate their political opponents using foreign resources.

I agree that nations tend to line up with the historical ruling system of their area but good rulers are so hard to find these days. So what do yo think of Francois Nicolas "Grand-Baby Doc" Duvalier putting himself up as the next President for Life? He's a Duvalier and kinda like royalty to some Haitians.

Last edited by CWF; 2019-02-15 at 00:51.

Established Member
    Junior Member But Cool
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    E-U174/P252
    mtDNA
    U6a3f
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Metaethnos
    Akan/Bakongo/Igbo
    Ethnicity
    Jamaican
    Phenotype
    West African looking
    Politics
    Monarchy over Republic
    Religion
    Nunya

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Brazil has no cultural power in Latin America at all, in fact there is more Hispanic influence in their country coming from Mexico, Peru, Cuba, Argentina than the other way around

And a lot of it has to due with the fact that their language is Portuguese, so no one really pays attention to what they do, to their media, to their artist unless they are crossing over to the Spanish speaking market which many Brazilians do, yet no Hispanic crosses over to the Portuguese market

I feel that if Brazil was a Spanish speaking nation, they would be more influential in the region, especially in the music scene because they have a lot of great genres and the music scene would eventually be taken over by them

I can already see Puerto Ricans appropriating their genres like they have done with Dominican/Cuban/Panamanian genres
    Quote Originally Posted by CWF View Post
    Lol! C'mon Dude. It was just a lighthearted comment. As you point out, Brazilians aren't Hispanic because they don't speak Spanish and they identify historically with Portugal instead of Spain. Trying to argue that Brazilian culture has no influence though is kinda crazy to me. (i.e. wrong.) No big deal. There is more than enough room for Brazilian culture and Hispanic Latino culture. I love the fact that they are both distinct, separate and have different things to offer.
    Both Mexico and Brazil have grown to be a forces to be reckoned with. Both countries are part of the the 'Trillion Dollar Club'.
    Brazil is a nominal top 10 economy (as of March 2019)
    Mexico is a top nominal 15 economy (as of March 2019)

Brazil is making a big impact with BRICS, while many economists are keeping a close eye on the MINT countries.

The only problem I have with both countries is the corruption and it shows in terms of GDP per capita:
    Mexico
    Brazil

With the amount of people and resources both countries have the peoples should be balling majorly.

Shame they don't have monarchies. They were better with them.
    larga vida al emperador.
    Vida longa ao.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast