User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My first post in a looong ass time xD (clearing up ethnicity results)190 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Creole
    United States Trinidad Tobago Cuba Star of David

I think it could be an Indian ancestor. I score low Middle East(Ancestry, Myheritage, DNATribes, Mcdonald) but on 23andme, Ethnogene, Gedmatch I get South Asian. I'm doing LivingDNA so I'll see what I get on there..

Do you ever look at your relative finder? That could also help. There's family lore on my maternal grandfather's side that there was an ancestor from India who was enslaved. My grandfather called him a "Black Indian". Well I started receiving relatives from East Africa(Uganda, Kenya, Somalia). So I'm now believing that some of that East African/Middle East is Siddi slave trade ancestry.

I discovered the surname "Saab" in my grandmother's family tree, so more than likely my 3xs great grandmother was Lebanese or Semitic. She was listed as Mulatto in 1810 Pennsylvania. This could explain my Egyptian and North African relative matches.. It's interesting because that family name is big in my location apparently they've been here since the 1800's.

You should study your family tree and ask your older relatives some questions. This could really help.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    Well apparently it did happen anyway Shrugs <:^) previously beforehand the new update i also scored 3-6% middle eastern, plus some other stuff that correlated with that, my newer updates are even worse than the ones before, like im not even gonna lie xD

i mean sure, i'd love to believe ancestryDNA if it wasn't for the fact that they throw me into european ethnicities that im not even part of.

i straight up scored even more England/Wales/NW europe than my White-American aunt, LOL, also they scored no "France" and i got 4% france, they also scored alot more Irish and i only scored 1% of that.

Idk, i dont believe AncestryDNA all that much, i only take their populations seriously at this point
    You didn't score any Middle Eastern, I remember your AncestryDNA results
    And if you had real Middle Eastern, it would have told you, you also would be matching with many Middle Eastern people on your relative list, and I am 100% sure you don't have any close matches with them

My nephew has Lebanese roots thru his mother who is half Mexican and half Lebanese and he matches with many Middle Eastern people especially Lebanese people

His European ethnicity estimates are not correct either but yet that doesnt stop him from matching with Middle Eastern people nor stop him from scoring Middle Eastern

you can try 23andMe and your results for your European will be very accurate, the only similarity with AncestryDNA will only prove once again that you have no Middle Eastern heritage at all

Established Member
    [~]|Half Aruban, Half American|[~]
    Last Online
    2019-06-29 @ 14:26
    R1b1a, Europe
    mtDNA
    L1'2'3'4'5'6 or L3
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    SSA+Euro+MENA+Asiatic
    Ethnicity
    Afro + White + Levant
    Phenotype
    SSA + Egyptian + White
    Aruba Congo Democratic Republic Egypt Angola Ghana Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    You didn't score any Middle Eastern, I remember your AncestryDNA results
    And if you had real Middle Eastern, it would have told you, you also would be matching with many Middle Eastern people on your relative list, and I am 100% sure you don't have any close matches with them

My nephew has Lebanese roots thru his mother who is half Mexican and half Lebanese and he matches with many Middle Eastern people especially Lebanese people

His European ethnicity estimates are not correct either but yet that doesnt stop him from matching with Middle Eastern people nor stop him from scoring Middle Eastern

you can try 23andMe and your results for your European will be very accurate, the only similarity with AncestryDNA will only prove once again that you have no Middle Eastern heritage at all

*Sighhh*

Previous results:

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 60%
    Ivory Coast/Ghana 14%
    Cameroon, Congo, & Southern Bantu Peoples 8%
    Middle East 3%
    Mali 3%
    Finland/Northwest Russia 3%
    Senegal 2%
    Asia Central 2%
    Scandinavia 2%
    Europe West 1%
    Native American 1%
    Iberian Peninsula <1%
    Benin/Togo <1%

i scored 3-6% Middle eastern, and 2-4% central asian r sum shit. then again idk, AncestryDNA just isn't accurate for me, its also not 100% reliable for my european side population and percentage-wise. I think some people tend to take commercial tests far too seriously because of it's database and because they like their own results, afterall, every test has flaws still. The technology to 100% intepret your genome isnt even there yet xD

so for the time being i'll chill right here, what i can tell from tests is that i am a minimum of 3% MENA, to a maximum of 20%, and that's my conclusion. feel free to believe what you want, as i said im not here to discuss my ancestryDNA results, if i were i would've mentioned so.
    MyGenomeBox results:

Xcode Life 2.0 results:

YourDNAPortal K7 test results:

^ (near eastern = ethiopian + european)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by KingKhalasi View Post
    *Sighhh*

Previous results:

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe 60%
    Ivory Coast/Ghana 14%
    Cameroon, Congo, & Southern Bantu Peoples 8%
    Middle East 3%
    Mali 3%
    Finland/Northwest Russia 3%
    Senegal 2%
    Asia Central 2%
    Scandinavia 2%
    Europe West 1%
    Native American 1%
    Iberian Peninsula <1%
    Benin/Togo <1%

i scored 3-6% Middle eastern, and 2-4% central asian r sum shit. then again idk, AncestryDNA just isn't accurate for me, its also not 100% reliable for my european side population and percentage-wise. I think some people tend to take commercial tests far too seriously because of it's database and because they like their own results, afterall, every test has flaws still. The technology to 100% intepret your genome isnt even there yet xD

so for the time being i'll chill right here, what i can tell from tests is that i am a minimum of 3% MENA, to a maximum of 20%, and that's my conclusion. feel free to believe what you want, as i said im not here to discuss my ancestryDNA results, if i were i would've mentioned so.
    your middle eastern was <1% I remember very well, you were never ever 3-6%, which I dont know how you are getting that number if AncestryDNA gives you one single number LOL

Central Asian is basically Native American because natives score that

you need to be happy with what you are already, this consistent thing of wanting to have all these ancestries is crazy to me lol and I know you claim to be proud of your black roots but you really arent because I have yet to see you this obsessed about finding your black African roots, you have made more threads here and on TA about your suppose Middle Easter/Horn of African/North African roots and supposedly some Latino ancestor by the name of Gomez

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

@KingKhalasi yeh dude, @Celph Titled is right, if you're not matching on ancestryDNA or 23andme, then I don't know what to tell you. I've seen latinos with no immediate nw african relative scoring like ~10%-15% north african on 23andme (which is rather high for a latino). So 23andme and ancestrydna both definitely pick up that ancestry when it's there. North sudanese who are part black are consistently scoring like 40-50% north african on 23andme. So 23andme/ancestrydna results are likely, fairly accurate imo. And probably, even more so accurate than this test. I frankly initially thought this test was more or less in line with previous tests from other testing companies, as I had never seen your results before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2