Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Religion
    Christian
    Congo Democratic Republic United States

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    @Espoir

What ethnicity are you? Curious. Never knew certain ethnic groups in the Eastern Congo(going by your flag) had significant Cushite ancestry. I only assumed it was great lake countries like Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Please correct my ignorance.
    Apart from banyamulenge of South Kivu, there is Congolese Tutsis that live in North Kivu in areas of Rutchuru near Goma. There is also other people called Ba(Hema), these are not to be mistaken from Ba(Hima) of Uganda. We all are related to Tutsis and Himas, and are all Pastoralists.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

KING OF KUSH (2019-04-15), VytautusofWorrdak (2019-04-15)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    Today @ 00:12
    E-M4451
    mtDNA
    L3e1a2
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Phenotype
    Aethiopid
    Ethnicity
    Banyamulenge
    Religion
    Christian
    Congo Democratic Republic United States

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedbyHorus View Post
    The bolded could explain the ancestral Cushite influence. Anyways, I looked up your ethnic group and I see that you guys are also called "Tutsi Congolese" how true is that?
    That's so wrong and sooo ignorant! Tutsi is an umbrella term that Europeans used to differentiate all those related pastoral people from the rest of people of the great lakes region. Tutsis were only found in Rwanda, Burundi and even North Kivu. I myself does not consider myself Tutsi, but that's how the world knows me. So, when I'm talking to the world, to ease communication, I accept when they label me Tutsi. However, if I'm talking to someone from the great lakes region, I say, I'm Munyamulenge. Confusing... I know!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Espoir For This Useful Post:

VytautusofWorrdak (2019-04-15)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist BlessedbyHorus's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22
    Ethnicity
    Afram-American/Haitian
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    Apart from banyamulenge of South Kivu, there is Congolese Tutsis that live in North Kivu in areas of Rutchuru near Goma. There is also other people called Ba(Hema), these are not to be mistaken from Ba(Hima) of Uganda. We all are related to Tutsis and Himas, and are all Pastoralists.
    Interesting and noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
    That's so wrong and sooo ignorant! Tutsi is an umbrella term that Europeans used to differentiate all those related pastoral people from the rest of people of the great lakes region. Tutsis were only found in Rwanda, Burundi and even North Kivu. I myself does not consider myself Tutsi, but that's how the world knows me. So, when I'm talking to the world, to ease communication, I accept when they label me Tutsi. However, if I'm talking to someone from the great lakes region, I say, I'm Munyamulenge. Confusing... I know!
    Yeah, when I looked up your ethnic group some sources were saying you guys are sometimes labeled "Congolese Tutsis" I had a feeling something was off.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18