User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: They took a picture of a black hole133 days old

  1. #21
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-08-13
    Posts
    5,392
    Location
    Kabu Berdi
    Gender
    mtDNA
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The American View Post
    They copied the "black hole" from Mass Effect 2. Lol.

    The nearest "black hole" is the one that supposedly exists in the center of the Milky Way, a so-called "supermassive blackhole." Supposedly it's big, it's massive, it gobbles up stars for dinner-- so why isn't their a pic of it? Or some kind of indication that the center of the Milky Way is a giant whirlpool into Dimension X?

    It's also an easier target rather than a random-ass "black hole" supposedly 53 million light-years away from Earth? NASA can take a pixelated picture of some "black hole" in another "galaxy" but it can't take a picture of the "supermassive blackhole" in the center of the Milky Way.

    Hahaha.
    You do know closeness is irrelevant in this case. They can't see the center of the milky way. From my second floor bedroom window I can't see my front door but I can see the house across the street. I thought it was common knowledge that only see parts of the milky way because of the position we are in the galaxy. Scientist just see what's observable not what they want to see.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Location
    ForumBiodiversity.com
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #22
    Established Member
    1984
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    2,612
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    You do know closeness is irrelevant in this case. They can't see the center of the milky way. From my second floor bedroom window I can't see my front door but I can see the house across the street. I thought it was common knowledge that only see parts of the milky way because of the position we are in the galaxy. Scientist just see what's observable not what they want to see.
    They say it is space dust in the way of the galactic center? Can't they just observe the radio waves like the other one?
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

  4. #23
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-08-13
    Posts
    5,392
    Location
    Kabu Berdi
    Gender
    mtDNA
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrage View Post
    They say it is space dust in the way of the galactic center? Can't they just observe the radio waves like the other one?
    Not sure why but I've known for years that they "can't see" the whole milky way because of position. Although I have not read the details about this black whole and its galaxy- it's probably "easy to see" because of it's position...easier to point telescopes at. While they would need to leave the milky way and travel some ridiculous number of light years to get a view in its entirety with the black whole.
    I don't really think dust is relevant for the kind "pics" they took?
    Last edited by stala; 2019-04-13 at 18:29.

  5. #24
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-08-13
    Posts
    5,392
    Location
    Kabu Berdi
    Gender
    mtDNA
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrage View Post
    They say it is space dust in the way of the galactic center? Can't they just observe the radio waves like the other one?
    And if you think about it- in terms of the scale of the universe, when trying to depict massive objects in their entirety, distance may actually be your friend.

  6. #25
    Established Member
    1984
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    2,612
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    Not sure why but I've known for years that they "can't see" the whole milky way because of position. Although I have not read the details about this black whole and its galaxy- it's probably "easy to see" because of it's position...easier to point telescopes at. While they would need to leave the milky way and travel some ridiculous number of light years to get a view in its entirety with the black whole.
    I see what you mean. Accordingly to the model we're in a position in one of the arms of the milky way and can't see the whole galaxy. From the CGI visuals I've seen it looks like a bright cloud when looking to the center.
    Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    I don't really think dust is relevant for the kind "pics" they took.
    Radio waves should go through space dust to observe the galactic center, then again it's like 50 thousand light years away.
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

  7. #26
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-08-13
    Posts
    5,392
    Location
    Kabu Berdi
    Gender
    mtDNA
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozrage View Post
    I see what you mean. Accordingly to the model we're in a position in one of the arms of the milky way and can't see the whole galaxy. From the CGI visuals I've seen it looks like a bright cloud when looking to the center.

    Radio waves should go through space dust to observe the galactic center, then again it's like 50 thousand light years away.
    If you think about it, they had to find a black hole that is in the correct position for the telescopes. I'm assuming most of the telescopes are stationary. So to form one big telescope that points in exactly "one direction" may have been more dependent of object's position( that happened to be the one). There are many black holes, but this may have been the perfect one for the telescopes. I'm just taking guesses btw.
    Last edited by stala; 2019-04-13 at 18:54.

  8. #27
    Established Member
    1984
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    2,612
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stala View Post
    If you think about it, they had to find a black hole that is in the correct position for the telescopes. I'm assuming most of the telescopes are stationary. So to form one big telescope that points in exactly "one direction" may have been more dependent of object's position( that happened to be the one). There are many black holes, but this may have been the perfect one for the telescopes. I'm just taking guesses btw.
    I have really no clue at all how they did it. So they can pretty much come up with anything. That's why space is the magicans dream theatre. A dark infinitly deep hat he can pull out whatever he wants. But I think that's how they say they did it. Multiple dishes collected data.
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

  9. #28
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist saru21's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-03-24
    Posts
    1,196
    Gender
    Age
    28
    Race
    Triracial
    Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Phenotype
    Platanoid Mongrel
    Dominican Republic United States Puerto Rico

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The American View Post
    They copied the "black hole" from Mass Effect 2. Lol.

    The nearest "black hole" is the one that supposedly exists in the center of the Milky Way, a so-called "supermassive blackhole." Supposedly it's big, it's massive, it gobbles up stars for dinner-- so why isn't their a pic of it? Or some kind of indication that the center of the Milky Way is a giant whirlpool into Dimension X?

    It's also an easier target rather than a random-ass "black hole" supposedly 53 million light-years away from Earth? NASA can take a pixelated picture of some "black hole" in another "galaxy" but it can't take a picture of the "supermassive blackhole" in the center of the Milky Way.

    Hahaha.
    The M87 black hole is actually bigger than our Sagitarius A* black hole. Also, it's a lot clearer to see. Sagitarius A* is smaller in size and is surrounded by a lot of gas and matter that makes it harder to see from Earth's perspective. The team is working on getting a photo of Sagitarius A* it's the time scale for the project's completion is currently unknown.

  10. #29
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2010-08-13
    Posts
    5,392
    Location
    Kabu Berdi
    Gender
    mtDNA
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saru21 View Post
    The M87 black hole is actually bigger than our Sagitarius A* black hole. Also, it's a lot clearer to see. Sagitarius A* is smaller in size and is surrounded by a lot of gas and matter that makes it harder to see from Earth's perspective. The team is working on getting a photo of Sagitarius A* it's the time scale for the project's completion is currently unknown.

    In relation to our black hole -why would size be the reason they aren't able to produce a pic of Sag. M87 is like 55 million LIGHT years away. Size would probably matter in comparison to similar black holes in the universe. If Sag was as big M87 we def wouldn't be able to see it with today's technology.

  11. #30
    Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-22
    Posts
    14,709
    Location
    Sweden
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

    Default

    I remembered a few years ago when they showed a star being sucked into a black hole, was that all CGI generated, or what's the big deal with this black hole picture?
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

    “A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

    “Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

    “The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

    “Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

    Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2017-09-04, 01:31
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2013-01-22, 19:12
  3. Pigeon hole young chick
    By Polako in forum Guess Ethnicity
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2010-02-03, 14:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<