Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    The male "berber" marker is just the most common y-chromosome haplotype, but j is undeniably present at moderate frequencies (even amongst berber-speakers). And nah g, don't be overly indulgent towards them, as this means nothing imo. We need to sever ties with them completely as far as I'm concerned. They have a shit culture that has permeated the structure of ours for far too long. Put it this way, would you consider ethiopian amhara to be arabs (where the notable presence of j haplotypes can be observed at very moderate frequencies---35%)?

As for what you said regarding procreation, if you do, make sure it's a south euro pheno like sara sampaio's, and not one that looks like Penelope Cruz'. I'm trying to breed out the pseudo mideast look of some maghrebis (especially in moroccans---I don't care about algerians, tunisians, and west libyans).
    I still have J1 and a lot of ME ancestors haha so I shouldn't deny it but ofc i still view myself as a berber and about these ladies yes i'm only attracted to the ones who look closer to maghrebis

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meygaag View Post
    Didn't one of those Guanches samples from the Canaries have J1?
    yes :

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-05-03), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:18
    Race
    Negroid
    Phenotype
    Elongated -_-

Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    hahaha yes i know but people on fb were so disappointed and sad for me and ofc arabist were happy but i don't really understand why this haplogroup is so important for them i mean my autosomal results are far more important I even know one guy who doesn't consider someone berber if he hasn't a berber haplogroup Anyway I think i will be more indulgent now especially towards middle easterners. Btw I really think my future wife would be south european so it's ok I think
    idk why you care about other's interpretation of what you are... You have the freedom to identify with whosoever you chose, especially if those people shared geographical origin and culture to whatever degree with you.

That being said, If you really want to know how autosomally "arab" you are.. you can send me your raw data if it's downloadable from My-Heritage DNA... Honestly if you care that much about this, (and based on what I know about My-Heritage,) it'll be unfulfilling to interpret their results literally.

Also J-Z1865... is probably not a longstanding haplogroup among Africans. At best it probably could have been distributed by Egyptians with Canaanite ancestry.
    Forum biodiversity is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    Depends which prehistoric North Africa you mean. There's a preprint here saying that Neolithic North Africans (you know, the ones who replaced the hunter-gatherers there), were fully West Eurasian. Makes sense.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/09/21/191569

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El-Maestro For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-04-27), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:49
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by El-Maestro View Post
    idk why you care about other's interpretation of what you are... You have the freedom to identify with whosoever you chose, especially if those people shared geographical origin and culture to whatever degree with you.

That being said, If you really want to know how autosomally "arab" you are.. you can send me your raw data if it's downloadable from My-Heritage DNA... Honestly if you care that much about this, (and based on what I know about My-Heritage,) it'll be unfulfilling to interpret their results literally.

Also J-Z1865... is probably not a longstanding haplogroup among Africans. At best it probably could have been distributed by Egyptians with Canaanite ancestry.
    Don't worry i was just talking about people's reaction I didn't say I'm arab or that I care about their interpretations it was just funny and about my raw data Haven't you seen my gedmatch results ? I posted it yesterday and about this subclade it's probably not really accurate because it's from morleydna so maybe J1 is sure but not the rest

Last Online
    2019-06-30 @ 05:51

Interesting lineage, though obviously any arab ancestry that you may have must be very diluted since you appear to plot even further away from proper arabians than the average maghrebi/berber does.

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by Baradi View Post
    Interesting lineage, though obviously any arab ancestry that you may have must be very diluted since you appear to plot even further away from proper arabians than the average maghrebi/berber does.
    Who said it was from arab ancestors ? There is also the phoenician or jewish possibility

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-05-03)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:56
    E-M5021
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Arabid
    Phenotype
    E Med + Arabid
    Israel Star of David United States

Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    hahahah yes me too I'm surprised ...unfortunately not E-m81 but so how should I consider myself now ?
    lol Semite contamination! (ironic as I am E1b1b)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Targum For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-05-03)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by Targum View Post
    lol Semite contamination! (ironic as I am E1b1b)
    Indeed so ironic

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-05-03)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2