User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: My Y-dna !60 days old

  1. #1
    Established Member
    Berber supremacist NassBean's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:32
    Join Date
    2018-02-10
    Posts
    1,125
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

    Default My Y-dna !

    I was a bit surprised so what does it really mean ? Because I know a lot of north africans who take the y-dna really seriously :


  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

    Dohan. (2019-05-25), Opie (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

  3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  4. #2
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Meygaag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:34
    Join Date
    2018-11-08
    Posts
    764
    Location
    Kingdom of Kerma
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

    Default

    You should take the Big Y test on FamilytreeDNA to be sure.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meygaag For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27), Opie (2019-04-27), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

  6. #3
    Established Member
    Berber supremacist NassBean's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:32
    Join Date
    2018-02-10
    Posts
    1,125
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meygaag View Post
    You should take the Big Y test on FamilytreeDNA to be sure.
    yes i know but it's expensive

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

    Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

  8. #4
    Regular Member
    Junior Member Kurukuru's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-06-15 @ 02:01
    Join Date
    2018-05-25
    Posts
    78
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b
    mtDNA
    D1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American+Slav
    Ethnicity
    South American
    Skull and crossbones Antarctica

    Default

    J? though You'd be an E1b1b brother, , cool tho, a surprise

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kurukuru For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03)

  10. #5
    Established Member
    Berber supremacist NassBean's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:32
    Join Date
    2018-02-10
    Posts
    1,125
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurukuru View Post
    J? though You'd be an E1b1b brother, , cool tho, a surprise
    hahahah yes me too I'm surprised ...unfortunately not E-m81 but so how should I consider myself now ?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

    Kurukuru (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03)

  12. #6
    Regular Member
    Junior Member Kurukuru's Avatar
    Last Online
    2019-06-15 @ 02:01
    Join Date
    2018-05-25
    Posts
    78
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b
    mtDNA
    D1
    Race
    Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American+Slav
    Ethnicity
    South American
    Skull and crossbones Antarctica

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    hahahah yes me too I'm surprised ...unfortunately not E-m81 but so how should I consider myself now ?
    idk lol, M81 is the most common in north africa, would have been the default Ydna for you. E-V13 was a surprise for me too, so is J for you

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurukuru For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27)

  14. #7
    Established Member
    Dope Boy Fresh Tsarcastic's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-01-29
    Posts
    686
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    United States

    Default

    @NassBean

    J is not super rare in north Africa though, even amongst northwest africans. It's not like y-haplogroup R (which would make you an EXTREME outlier). There's evidence it reaches fairly moderate frequencies in certain maghreb populations, ESPECIALLY tunisians (and libyans---but I exclude them, since their country sits at a transit zone). But also, even some algerians (it was relatively notable even in some Tizi Ouzou kabyles), some north moroccans, some west atlantic moroccans, and some sahraoui/mauritanians.

    This wouldn't make you arab or whatever, so don't worry about it too much. More importantly, be thankful you don't look arab/3robi. So make sure you select wisely when procreating in the future.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03)

  16. #8
    Established Member
    Berber supremacist NassBean's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:32
    Join Date
    2018-02-10
    Posts
    1,125
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    @NassBean

    J is not super rare in north Africa though, even amongst northwest africans. It's not like y-haplogroup R (which would make you an EXTREME outlier). There's evidence it reaches fairly moderate frequencies in certain maghreb populations, ESPECIALLY tunisians (and libyans---but I exclude them, since their country sits at a transit zone). But also, even some algerians (it was relatively notable even in some Tizi Ouzou kabyles), some north moroccans, some west atlantic moroccans, and some sahraoui/mauritanians.

    This wouldn't make you arab or whatever, so don't worry about it too much. More importantly, be thankful you don't look arab/3robi. So make sure you select wisely when procreating in the future.
    hahaha yes i know but people on fb were so disappointed and sad for me and ofc arabist were happy but i don't really understand why this haplogroup is so important for them i mean my autosomal results are far more important I even know one guy who doesn't consider someone berber if he hasn't a berber haplogroup Anyway I think i will be more indulgent now especially towards middle easterners. Btw I really think my future wife would be south european so it's ok I think

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

    Targum (2019-05-03), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

  18. #9
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Meygaag's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 22:34
    Join Date
    2018-11-08
    Posts
    764
    Location
    Kingdom of Kerma
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

    Default

    Didn't one of those Guanches samples from the Canaries have J1?

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meygaag For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03)

  20. #10
    Established Member
    Dope Boy Fresh Tsarcastic's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2014-01-29
    Posts
    686
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    hahaha yes i know but people on fb were so disappointed and sad for me and ofc arabist were happy but i don't really understand why this haplogroup is so important for them i mean my autosomal results are far more important I even know one guy who doesn't consider someone berber if he hasn't a berber haplogroup Anyway I think i will be more indulgent now especially towards middle easterners. Btw I really think my future wife would be south european so it's ok I think
    The male "berber" marker is just the most common y-chromosome haplotype, but j is undeniably present at moderate frequencies (even amongst berber-speakers). And nah g, don't be overly indulgent towards them, as this means nothing imo. We need to sever ties with them completely as far as I'm concerned. They have a shit culture that has permeated the structure of ours for far too long. Put it this way, would you consider ethiopian amhara to be arabs (where the notable presence of j haplotypes can be observed at very moderate frequencies---35%)?

    As for what you said regarding procreation, if you do, make sure it's a south euro pheno like sara sampaio's, and not one that looks like Penelope Cruz'. I'm trying to breed out the pseudo mideast look of some maghrebis (especially in moroccans---I don't care about algerians, tunisians, and west libyans).

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

    NassBean (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-05-03)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<