Triracial
    Metaethnos
    Latin American+Slav
    Ethnicity
    South American
    Skull and crossbones Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    from which part of NA are you from ?
    NA? North Africa? North America or "native America"?

I was born and raised and still live in my own country in south america.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurukuru For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-04-27)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 19:18
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Phenotype
    Transmed + Berberid

Quote Originally Posted by Kurukuru View Post
    NA? North Africa? North America or "native America"?

I was born and raised and still live in my own country in south america.
    Oh sorry i thought you were berber that's why ( NA = north africa)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Phenotype
    Transmed + Berberid

K15 plot :

So it seems I shift more towards europeans than the average maghrebi which is maybe a signal for an Iberian/Janissary input. I'm also less shifted towards SSA and ME than the average maghrebi.
    @Tsarcastic @Dohan
    Last edited by NassBean; 2019-04-27 at 18:15.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Kurukuru (2019-04-28), Magnetic (2019-04-27), Meygaag (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-06-07), Tsarcastic (2019-04-27)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

nice bro this is how I plot on k15 :

I am the violet point where the arrow points to lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

Kurukuru (2019-04-28), NassBean (2019-04-27), Targum (2019-06-07)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Phenotype
    Transmed + Berberid

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    nice bro this is how I plot on k15 :

I am the violet point where the arrow points to lol

very typical I guess do you have your K36 results ?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

K15 plot...

So it seems I shift more towards europeans than the average maghrebi which is maybe a signal for an Iberian/Janissary input. I'm also less shifted towards SSA and ME than the average maghrebi.
    @Tsarcastic @Dohan
    Yeh, and actually, when you exclude north moroccans from the dataset, moroccans (essentially central/south moroccans/sahraoui), are usually consistently between 20%-30% ssa (they're usually MORE ssa than mozabites). Which is where those afram posters were getting that ~30% ssa figure from. But it's not completely accurate, because among coastal maghreb countries, only non north moroccans are usually that ssa (and obviously so are saharan algerians who can be even blacker---but unlike Morocco, saharan algerians don't make up the bulk of Algeria's population).

The south moroccan data set is even more ssa on average (because of all the legit mulattos in Errachidia, Zagora, and other parts of the dades valley/souss---and just think, they never sampled some of the blacker towns of the southeast/southwest like Khemliya).

Overall, you're definitely slightly less, but for a north moroccan, I frankly doubt the difference is that substantial.
    Last edited by Tsarcastic; 2019-04-27 at 20:00.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-04-27)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:40
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

very typical I guess do you have your K36 results ?
    here you go bra

Population
    Amerindian 0.34 Pct
    Arabian 5.50 Pct
    Armenian 10.27 Pct
    Basque -
    Central_African -
    Central_Euro 1.24 Pct
    East_African -
    East_Asian -
    East_Balkan -
    East_Central_Asian -
    East_Central_Euro -
    East_Med 15.24 Pct
    Eastern_Euro -
    Fennoscandian -
    French 0.46 Pct
    Iberian -
    Indo-Chinese -
    Italian 5.50 Pct
    Malayan -
    Near_Eastern 19.68 Pct
    North_African -
    North_Atlantic 0.09 Pct
    North_Caucasian 17.13 Pct
    North_Sea -
    Northeast_African -
    Oceanian -
    Omotic -
    Pygmy -
    Siberian -
    South_Asian -
    South_Central_Asian 17.93 Pct
    South_Chinese -
    Volga-Ural -
    West_African -
    West_Caucasian 4.52 Pct
    West_Med

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-04-27)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Phenotype
    Transmed + Berberid

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    Yeh, and actually, when you exclude north moroccans from the dataset, moroccans (essentially central/south moroccans/sahraoui), are usually consistently between 20%-30% ssa (they're usually MORE ssa than mozabites). Which is where those afram posters were getting that ~30% ssa figure from. But it's not completely accurate, because among coastal maghreb countries, only non north moroccans are usually that ssa (and obviously so are saharan algerians who can be even blacker---but unlike Morocco, saharan algerians don't make up the bulk of Algeria's population).

The south moroccan data set is even more ssa on average (because of all the legit mulattos in Errachidia, Zagora, and other parts of the dades valley/souss---and just think, they never sampled some of the blacker towns of the southeast/southwest like Khemliya).

Overall, you're definitely slightly less, but for a north moroccan, I frankly doubt the difference is that substantial.
    alright thank you I think I should tag all of these afram members and latinos like celphtitled anyway for a north moroccan my results are quite typical except for the italian and some other euro component who are usually more found in the eastern part of the maghreb that's why I get tunisian and algerian populations

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Ethnicity
    Amazigh
    Phenotype
    Transmed + Berberid

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    Nah don't be sorry, you're good. Either way, looks like you're coming out ~14%-15% ssa on the lower end, and about ~18%-19% ssa on the higher end. Don't forget, these are crude estimates, so shouldn't be taken with any high degree of confidence. Not to mention, that for north moroccans, I've seen some african estimates hover just shy of ~20% ssa (when taking everything into account). Usually, in those cases, they're more like ~18%-19% ssa but if you look at k27, you are scoring about that, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's possible you MAY be slightly less. However overall I wouldn't say substantially so.

That steppe score is not that weird imo, I'd expect some, given the elevated iberian of a lot of north moroccans.
    Actually i've talked with someone on fb and he said that MENA populations (especially maghreb) carry some paleolithic no-african basal-deep component called ''Ancestral north African'' ,this component makes half of the iberomaurusians ancestry which was introduced to ancient ssa's as well (key word = shared alleles) ,so in current companies calculators this no-african deep component is still counted wrongfully as SSA. in fact by adding the iberomaurusians as a refrence any pseudo-SSA admix gets absorbed by IBM and the ssa drops dramatically even disappear.

he added this map :

I think he's right because I remember I read an article by lazaridis about it but I Lost the url of this article unfortunately what do you think ?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Meygaag (2019-04-28), Tsarcastic (2019-04-28)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Actually i've talked with someone on fb and he said that MENA populations (especially maghreb) carry some paleolithic no-african basal-deep component called ''Ancestral north African'' ,this component makes half of the iberomaurusians ancestry which was introduced to ancient ssa's as well (key word = shared alleles) ,so in current companies calculators this no-african deep component is still counted wrongfully as SSA. in fact by adding the iberomaurusians as a refrence any pseudo-SSA admix gets absorbed by IBM and the ssa drops dramatically even disappear.

I think he's right because I remember I read an article by lazaridis about it but I Lost the url of this article unfortunately what do you think ?
    I think he's potentially conflating facts? ALL north african populations tend to carry some pleistocene aboriginal north african lineages, which we can call ancient north african (or ANA for short); this is absolutely true, and undeniable at this stage. But THAT COMPONENT is very different from the maghreb/north Africa you're seeing pop up in your gedmatch results (which is a hodge-podged cluster fuck of various lineages). That maghreb/north Africa score, is related to ancestry that has essentially been recognized as being very localized in modern maghreb populations. ANA on the other hand, was distinctly recognized as being a strongly AFRICAN-like component.

Taforalt and IAM for example, can be viewed as being COMPROMISED ANA groups, due to the fact that those cultures carried ANA admixture, but ALSO carried SUBSTANTIAL pleistocene west asian hunter-gatherer. Similar to how someone could be viewed as being "american indian" in this country, even if they are only mestizo (an amerind-euro intermediate). So conversely, a mestizo, could be viewed as being a COMPROMISED american indian, but is obviously not FULL american indian (genetically). The ANA peoples on the other hand (the cultures that preceded the natufian dispersals), would have been fully african, unlike taforalt and IAM, and especially KEB (who would have only been like ~20% ANA).

ANA predates modern west africans, but probably has the shortest divergence time with modern west african groups. The split times with more ancestral populations to the modern khoe-san and mbuti hunter gatherers of central Africa and southern Africa, is probably MUCH MUCH OLDER, helping explain why ANA is so distant from their modern descendants relative to modern west africans. This explains why ANA pulls more towards (modern) groups whose ancestors ANA either split off from more recently (east africans), or that split off from ANA more recently (west africans). Which is why your within-Africa ancestry probably responds the best to west african/ssa, east african, cushitic/northeast african (on gedmatch).

Like I told you, cushitic, north african, and northeast african, are highly eurasian compromised lineages, and should be viewed as such. The eurasian nature of all three should be taken into account, and so should any of their african affinities.

It's the same with slightly more ancient iberomaurusian/mechta-afalou and capsian cultures (like taforalt and IAM). The reason their african ancestry and west asian ancestry disappears, is because it localizes. This is why taforalt admixture (which is really just ~40% african and ~60% eurasian) was detected in yoruba (at a frequency of roughly ~13%---helping explain why yoruba are like ~6%-~8% eurasian).

----

Long story short, that aboriginal african ancestry is in there, but it's clearly all ancient lineages. Gedmatch has slightly better calculators, so is better capable of detecting some of your ancestry's african affinities (still gotta account for the eurasian in some of the HoA components, but also the african nature of the north african one).
    Last edited by Tsarcastic; 2019-04-28 at 18:49.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-04-28)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast