Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    We live in “snowbird heaven” over here. Every time theres a snow storm somewhere we get an endless caravan of RV’s, then when we hit triple digits, we watch them all leave again.

I believe this year is Boston, we’re gonna do the tourist site seeing crap and all that but its gonna be summer cause I cant do cold. I mostly been in CA/AZ all my days. I hear they pronounce that like “Ba-a-aston” over there.
    There are a lot of Canadians in Arizona during the winter. Yeah, we snowbird it up. I might go down there one of these days. My parents know people with a place down there that they will rent out when they aren't there. Always wanted to see the desert and stuff.

Boston is a fun place. Lots of good pubs and stuff, if that is your thing, and I am kind of a history nut, so I enjoyed the Freedom Trail and all the stuff related to the American Revolution. They also have whale watching cruises there and stuff like that.

Summer is nice, but it is also nice in the fall... unless you don't want to be one of those...

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Opie (2019-05-06)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    NO. 9
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:10

The only problem I have with canadians are their friggin pennies!! The only way I seem to find them is when I try to spend them thinking they’re us coins. That’s the dirtiest shit you could do to someone.
    The desert is awesome! I have a large rattlesnake ranch here. We breed mojave rattlesnakes and also sidewinder rattlesnakes.

I’m wanting to see the USS Constitution! Thats what I want to see.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-05-06)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

The only problem I have with canadians are their friggin pennies!! The only way I seem to find them is when I try to spend them thinking they’re us coins. That’s the dirtiest shit you could do to someone.
    The desert is awesome! I have a large rattlesnake ranch here. We breed mojave rattlesnakes and also sidewinder rattlesnakes.

I’m wanting to see the USS Constitution! Thats what I want to see.
    HAHA! We don’t have pennies anymore, the government got rid of them 5 or 6 years ago.

Love the desert but might have to pass on the snakes... there would have to be a Trump wall between me and the snakes... you know, the see-thru one he wanted, because I guess I could watch the snakes do interesting snake things... but I’d need a wall. A big, beautiful wall.

I have seen the USS Constitution. It’s pretty cool. I think I have pics, I will try to find them tomorrow.
    Last edited by DragonRouge; 2019-05-06 at 05:50.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

Established Member
    NO. 9
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    HAHA! We don’t have pennies anymore, the government got rid of them 5 or 6 years ago.

Love the desert but might have to pass on the snakes... there would have to be a Trump wall between me and the snakes... you know, the see-thru one he wanted, because I guess I could watch the snakes do interesting snake things... but I’d need a wall. A big, beautiful wall.

I have seen the USS Constitution. It’s pretty cool. I think I have pics, I will try to find them tomorrow.
    Oh crap!! Thats why there’re dumping their pennies down here!! Cause they’re useless!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-05-06)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

Oh crap!! Thats why there’re dumping their pennies down here!! Cause they’re useless!!
    Yeah, they are totally useless up here. But most Canadians have an ashtray or cup holder in their car full of pennies because that’s where everybody threw them when they got pennies back in their change before.

Myself included.

I even bought a new car since pennies were gotten rid of and I just transferred the pennies from the old car to the new. Lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Opie (2019-05-06)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38

I was shocked when I went to the east (last year) for the first time and ate at a mexican restaurant in Gettysburg, PA. They got those in New York too? I think this yr I’ll see the atlantic ocean for the first time, I hear the waves come in the wrong way
    Boy, it almost feels like Tijuana or Tapachula up here. You find one everywhere. On top you have a big Mexican community here. So you have a lot of stores/bodegas/restaurantes owned by them all over the city whether is Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, etc.

Whites seem to be obssesed with Mex food/culture but at the same time would support Trump. I never understood that LMAO.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Daven For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2019-05-07)

Established Member
    NO. 9
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Boy, it almost feels like Tijuana or Tapachula up here. You find one everywhere. On top you have a big Mexican community here. So you have a lot of stores/bodegas/restaurantes owned by them all over the city whether is Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, etc.

Whites seem to be obssesed with Mex food/culture but at the same time would support Trump. I never understood that LMAO.
    Its funny isnt it. They want to embrace it but build a wall to keep them out.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

Daven (2019-05-06), DragonRouge (2019-05-06)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist

Its funny isnt it. They want to embrace it but build a wall to keep them out.
    We have a saying for that here in Canada: Sari and Samosa Syndrome.

People who like the food and some aspects of the culture, but don’t accept the people.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

Opie (2019-05-07)

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38

People here seem to be also obsessed with avocados. Only Hispanics would eat them every day but now even gringos do that. Back in the day it wasn't like that.

Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is another Mexican celebration Americans are adopting.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Daven For This Useful Post:

Opie (2019-05-07)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:06
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    This reminds me of a time I visited a friend in Central Texas many years ago. We went to dinner at a local Mexican restaurant(owned by an immigrant family), soon as we walk in, we see all these Texan country white people in there that begin to stare at us as if we were the ones who didn't belong lmao.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

20. The Following User Says Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

Opie (2019-05-07)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast