User Tag List

Thread: DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated61 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

Default DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

Some of the migrant families arrested at the southern border weren't actually families.

In a pilot program, approximately 30% of rapid DNA tests of immigrant adults who were suspected of arriving at the southern border with children who weren't theirs revealed the adults were not related to the children, an official involved in the system's temporary rollout who asked to be anonymous in order to speak freely told the Washington Examiner Friday.

"There’s been some concern about, 'Are they stepfathers or adopted fathers?'" the official said. "Those were not the case. In these cases, they are misrepresented as family members."

In some incidents where Immigration and Customs Enforcement told the adults they would have to take a cheek swab to verify a relationship with a minor, several admitted the child was not related and did not take the DNA test, which was designed by a U.S. company.

The pilot lasted a few days earlier this month and was used only in McAllen, Texas, and El Paso, Texas. ICE said the Department of Homeland Security would look at the results to determine if it will be part of its comprehensive solution to border issues. Homeland Security has not issued a public statement on its intentions going forward.

"This is certainly not the panacea. It’s one measure," said the official.

One upside, the source said, was that in addition to verifying bogus relationships, it also verified many when Homeland Security personnel were unsure.

The Examiner reported in March the Department of Homeland Security and ICE were looking at adopting the test, made by a company called ANDE. On May 1, DHS announced it would launch a pilot of the program in instances where ICE Homeland Security Investigations agents could not verify a family unit’s relationships.

The debut marked the first time DNA testing of any sort has been at the border. Currently, ICE and U.S. Customs and Border Protection must use verbal statements and written documents to verify family connections.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...were-unrelated

I hope these DNA tests are expanded and that all immigrants are tested.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

KiwiB (2019-06-28)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2019-07-17 @ 15:39
    X2b
    United States Italy Germany Scotland

Yikes! I didn't hear about that on the news.

I can understand how some people's first reactions would be to assert that maybe some of the people tested were stepparents, but I highly doubt that stepparents and their stepchildren (especially without the biological parent) make up a significant amount of people crossing the border illegally.

The whole border situation over here is such a mess. I think that I mentioned this before, so I'm sorry if I am repeating myself, but I really wish that the U.S. would put a temporary ban on immigration completely, shut down the border, and focus their energy, resources, and time into solving their own citizen's problems. These DNA tests cannot be cheap to administer, and while I understand why these tests were administered, it just seems like such a waste of money and time to me.

I definitely don't want people to be treated inhumanely or get hurt, but I can't believe that people still can't comprehend that if you try to cross the border illegally, let alone without any kind of paperwork proving your relation, you are going to be seperated from your children. I can't believe that our government even has to justify this.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @
    L3f1b
    Metaethnos
    Senegambia
    Ethnicity
    Kriolu
    Phenotype
    South Saharid Kriola
    Cape Verde African Union(OAS) Guinea-Bissau Senegal

Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...were-unrelated

I hope these DNA tests are expanded and that all immigrants are tested.

Misleading title: DNA tests reveal 30% of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated

That means 70% of suspected frauds were related and not fraudulent.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiB View Post
    I definitely don't want people to be treated inhumanely or get hurt, but I can't believe that people still can't comprehend that if you try to cross the border illegally, let alone without any kind of paperwork proving your relation, you are going to be seperated from your children. I can't believe that our government even has to justify this.
    Central Americans are being lied to, that is why they keep coming
    There was a report where they interview some of the deported and they mentioned how they were lied by the ones who were organizing the caravans. They were being told that if they brought a child along with them, that America would easily grant them access to the nation and that they would have no problem entering

This is why all the migrants are coming here with a child, they think that is their golden ticket to enter the nation

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

KiwiB (2019-06-28), searching (2019-06-28)

Last Online
    X2b

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Central Americans are being lied to, that is why they keep coming
    There was a report where they interview some of the deported and they mentioned how they were lied by the ones who were organizing the caravans. They were being told that if they brought a child along with them, that America would easily grant them access to the nation and that they would have no problem entering

This is why all the migrants are coming here with a child, they think that is their golden ticket to enter the nation
    That honestly just makes me sick to think about. While I feel the way that I do about immigration right now, it does hurt to think that these people are being fed a bunch of lies and getting hurt because of it.

Serious question. I hope that you don't mind me asking. What do you think the best solution for the U.S./Mexico border is right now?

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiB View Post
    That honestly just makes me sick to think about. While I feel the way that I do about immigration right now, it does hurt to think that these people are being fed a bunch of lies and getting hurt because of it.

Serious question. I hope that you don't mind me asking. What do you think the best solution for the U.S./Mexico border is right now?
    Right now, they really need to secure the border, not only the USA/Mex border but also the one in Mexico/Guatemala. I feel bad for the children that are only being used to get across, these retarded adults do not have any idea the trauma they are causing in these children.

I am more concern about the safety of these children, to be honest
    Thankfully, Mexico is working with Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras to generate jobs for them

Mexico already had a meeting with the president of El Salvador to work on the plan
    Soon, Central Americans will not be immigrating to the USA since their nations will hopefully be transforming into a better nation. I know El Salvador under this new elected president will have a better country with less violence and more jobs (thanks to Mexico)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

KiwiB (2019-07-03), searching (2019-06-28), Tsarcastic (2019-06-28)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Biracial
    Phenotype
    Creole
    United States Trinidad Tobago Cuba Star of David

That's really scary.. They really need to secure the border. Child trafficking is a REAL thing and you would be surprised how many politicians are involved with this sick business.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to searching For This Useful Post:

KiwiB (2019-07-03)

Last Online
    X2b

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Right now, they really need to secure the border, not only the USA/Mex border but also the one in Mexico/Guatemala. I feel bad for the children that are only being used to get across, these retarded adults do not have any idea the trauma they are causing in these children.

I am more concern about the safety of these children, to be honest
    Thankfully, Mexico is working with Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras to generate jobs for them

Mexico already had a meeting with the president of El Salvador to work on the plan
    Soon, Central Americans will not be immigrating to the USA since their nations will hopefully be transforming into a better nation. I know El Salvador under this new elected president will have a better country with less violence and more jobs (thanks to Mexico)
    Thank you for the detailed response, I do appreciate it. You seem like you know a lot about this!

I think that border control is definitely one of the most important issues in the U.S. right now, and I'm really curious to hear (almost) everyone's proposed solutions. I would like to see less talk and more practical action from the U.S. government on this issue going forward.