Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I am just informing people who are interested in biodviersity and am trying to bust anthromyths and correct people who claim untrue things about us (including about our looks) . it doesnt "matter" in the sense that it is highly important . it is just something I like to do . like a hobby or something

what I am asking you is why it would matter if some of your forefathers wouldnt be zoroastrian or persian . I mean you wouldnt be any less worth as a person and you can still choose the religion you want to follow regardless of your heritage
    The only thing that matters when it comes to one's ethnic identity is one's patrilineal's line. This is because in ancient Indo-European myths it was very common for the hero to stand up and proudly recite the list of his forefathers. I believe it happens in the Shahnameh and even the Eddas. One's line of fathers is immensely important in the sense it gives a strange kind of dignity. Jews are an exception in that their maternal lines are privileged more.

Why do you care so much about what you look like? What matters is what your ancient fathers were. Let's say in 900 AD, it turned out you have an Arabic father, then truly speaking, you are not really Iranic. This example also applies to me. Iranic identity gets it value from what your father was during Sassanian times, since the word Iran itself was coined back then.

Iran was supposed to be Zoroastrian and unite all Iranic peoples, both Western and Eastern, but it is a failed empire. For this reason, I just want to know if my paternal line goes back to Sassanian times, whether it survived the Mongols, Arabs, Turks, etc.
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2019-05-27 at 08:49.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2019-10-18 @ 11:38
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    East Med + Taurid

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    The only thing that matters when it comes to one's ethnic identity is one's patrilineal's line. This is because in ancient Indo-European myths it was very common for the hero to stand up and proudly recite the list of his forefathers. I believe it happens in the Shahnameh and even the Eddas. One's line of fathers is immensely important in the sense it gives a strange kind of dignity. Jews are an exception in that their maternal lines are privileged more.

Why do you care so much about what you look like? What matters is what your ancient fathers were. Let's say in 900 AD, it turned out you have an Arabic father, then truly speaking, you are not really Iranic. This example also applies to me. Iranic identity gets it value from what your father was during Sassanian times, since the word Iran itself was coined back then.

Iran was supposed to be Zoroastrian and unite all Iranic peoples, both Western and Eastern, but it is a failed empire. For this reason, I just want to know if my paternal line goes back to Sassanian times, whether it survived the Mongols, Arabs, Turks, etc.
    but your autosomal results are normal persian ....that should be enough. even if you had an arab forefather from those times (which I doubt) you would still be iranic
    Last edited by Magnetic; 2019-05-27 at 09:07.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    but your autosomal results are normal persian ....that should be enough. even if you had an arab forefather from those times (which I doubt) you would still be iranic
    Neither autosomal nor maternal haplogroups matter. I wish I could have 100% certainty my great-great-greater grandfather before Arabic invasions was a Zoroastrian Iranic. I would be sad if it turned out to be something else.

I wish there were a book where each page you flip is a preceding a great grandfather...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4