H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

Quote Originally Posted by jama0112 View Post
    Calm down, i just said this ONE guy does(and it isnt even 100%, more like 50-60%), and im just saying that because i never seen a kurd looking like that(and he does look a bit paki). ANd he could be whatever he is(european, west asian, you name it), i said the same thing.(and yeah, some arabs from beirut can look SOMETImEs like pakis, not saying they're any close to them)

Hell, i accept there are WAY more european looking kurds than even afghan looking ones.

Shieeet, you take this a bit too serious.
    again . I am calm .

the way you write seems actually a lot more like as if you are not calm lol

I wonder if I have to kiss your ass and use 1000 smileys to appear "calm" to you . this doesnt seem normal to me

I bet if anybody will ask you about our conversations here you will tell him "he called me a bastard and has said to kill me" etc. . I wouldnt be surprised

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:40

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    what are you talking about again . you list turkey but I AM from turkey . and what do you mean by "your part of turkey " . I already told you that the kurds I post are from ALL Kurdish provinces of turkey . many are not even from "my part" . a lot of people I post are from very southern and very eastern provinces . enough with this nonsense ...

most of these people you have posted look different from any kurdish area of turkey and I have a hard time to believe they are even kurdish . only 2-3 people look normal kurdish to me like the 2 girls I said (nr. 2 and 4) . the rest doesnt look kurdish (only 1-2 can pass as atypical) . one of them is a kurdish singer I know btw. ....and she is atypical . I dont know what your aim is to achieve with this thread

first you criticize me of stating that iraqi kurds look often foreign to me (which is the truth and I dont have bad intentions by saying that) and now you are posting people who are supposedly of my ethnicity but who I would never even guess to be my ethnicity and argue that they look different from "my part" of turkey which is absolutely bullshit . they look different from ANY kurdish province of turkey .

It's all good. All I said was that some Kurds from my area look atypical to you and some from your area atypical to me. That's kind of expected and normal. BTW the ones you posted now , most look typical to our areas

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 21:40

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. As I sort of expected Magnetic and Jama0112's guesses were closest to the truth because they have had more interactions with Kurds and Iranians. It's interesting that Celph guessed Mexican and Afghan for some and Targum guessed North India, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The truth is that they are ALL KURDS. I wanted to show that even for a Kurd it's sometimes hard to guess whether someone is Kurd, Tajik, Persian, Pashtun or something else. I have taken some Afghan friends to some of our Iraqi Kurdish weddings and parties. They always tell me that the only way they can tell whether some of those guests are Kurds or Afghans is only when they start speaking lol

Photo 3 is a Kurdish singer Mohammad Rajabi. No 9 Is Iranian Kurdish singer Amin Gholamyari. The rest are random Kurds from Iraq, Iran and Turkey. PEACE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Parween For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-05-27)

Last Online
    Today @ 20:22
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

of course your friends will say that but reality is that kurds , persians , tajiks , afghans look all different . the individual overlap exists of course but there is no continuum in our looks . it is a myth . it is a big fat anthromyth . and as weird as it may sound caucasoid tajiks for example look closer to us than many persians do (but tajiks look different from us too) even though many people will assume otherwise . people dont know shit ..,.

and as I also said you posted 10 people and one of them is a kid and the kid looks turkmen or something . 3 girls seem to have been through surgery and look like dolls a little and also have heavy make up . one photo is blurry/bad quality . this is not informative nor meaningful . there is a reason why me ...a 33 year old kurdish man who knows many kurds in real life and who has posted a trillion of kurdish faces says that only nr. 2 and 4 look typical kurdish and I didnt even think that some of the people on the pics can be kurds to begin with .

if I did the same ...if I posted 10 people with one being a child and 3 being surgery + make up dolloids and one blurry pic people would have INSTANTLY go at me and accuse me of things . but when someone else does it then it is all peaches and cream ...

people need to wake up . people need to see who is real and who is not . nothing against parween personally but there is clearly something weird going on and my ethnicity is a big victim in the taxonomy world by agendas , by misrepresentation , and by people who have no fucking clue but still talking either way as if they know something

but as I said not long ago many people in anthroforas seem to be mentally ill and many are trolls . so it is a lost cause .

it is also nothing important to begin with . this is just a "hobby" . it has no importance in the real world what we are bubbling here . but it does show the character of people in general I guess . not that I am surprised

just wanted to add this . there is no need for further discussion either . interesting thread either way . thank you
    Last edited by Magnetic; 2019-05-27 at 07:06.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

I don't care about looks. I have more of an obsession with figuring out whether or not I have unbroken patrilineal descent to Sassanid times. That is, whether I have ancestors on my single line of fathers that was Zoroastrian. I don't care about autosomal DNA or look anymore. mtDNA haplogroup doesn't matter too because in Zoroastrian tradition, male lineage was the determining factor.

All Iranic cultures were ruined by Islam, imo. I am not saying this for racist reason but because I genuinely believe Zoroastrianism was superior. Imo, Kurds, Tajiks, Pashtun, Persians, Azeri, etc. should have all remained Zoroastrian.
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2019-05-27 at 07:09.

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 18:44
    Y-DNA
    Dont know, maybe r1a
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    afghan
    Ethnicity
    pahstun
    Phenotype
    again?
    Politics
    im not 50
    Denmark Afghanistan

I dont think pashtuns were zoroastrians....more like iranic polytheists.....zoroastrianism was more a thing around persianate people(tajiks, persians), kurds and balochis....

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by jama0112 View Post
    I dont think pashtuns were zoroastrians....more like iranic polytheists.....zoroastrianism was more a thing around persianate people(tajiks, persians), kurds and balochis....
    Azerbaijan also had some fire temples.

My main concern is that somewhere down my patrilineal line I may come across a non-Iranian, which would then send my line to a non-Zoroastrian. It is important to me that my great-great-great... grandfather was Zoroastrian, especially during Sassanian times.
    Last edited by An Shigao; 2019-05-27 at 08:21.

Last Online
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    Azerbaijan also had some fire temples.

My main concern is that somewhere down my patrilineal line I may come across a non-Iranian, which would then send my line to a non-Zoroastrian. It is important to me that my great-great-great... grandfather was Zoroastrian, especially during Sassanian times.
    why would it matter though ? I mean even if lets say your great great great grandfather was not zoroastrian or maybe even non persian . what would change ? you are who you are . you can still follow a religion you like .

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Ethnicity
    Persian
    Religion
    Buddhist
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    why would it matter though ? I mean even if lets say your great great great grandfather was not zoroastrian or maybe even non persian . what would change ? you are who you are . you can still follow a religion you like .
    Ask yourself why it matters what you or Kurds look like?

For me, it matters whether my single line of fathers leads to a Zoroastrian because it is important for my sense of identity. I don't care about looks and other trivial nonsense. I have my attachments in life too, just like you.

Last Online
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Anatolid
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

Quote Originally Posted by An Shigao View Post
    Ask yourself why it matters what you or Kurds look like?

For me, it matters whether my single line of fathers leads to a Zoroastrian because it is important for my sense of identity. I don't care about looks and other trivial nonsense. I have my attachments in life too, just like you.
    I am just informing people who are interested in biodviersity and am trying to bust anthromyths and correct people who claim untrue things about us (including about our looks) . it doesnt "matter" in the sense that it is highly important . it is just something I like to do . like a hobby or something

what I am asking you is why it would matter if some of your forefathers wouldnt be zoroastrian or persian . I mean you wouldnt be any less worth as a person and you can still choose the religion you want to follow regardless of your heritage

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast