User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Euro Regions 23andMe4 days old

  1. #1
    Established Member
    1984
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    2,546
    Gender
    Age
    34
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

    Default Euro Regions 23andMe











    Is your 23andMe regions accurate? My seem to correlate pretty well.
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot
    Join Date
    2013-03-24
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    All threads
       
     

  3. #2
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-03-07
    Posts
    4,971
    Gender
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

    Default

    Mine isn't accurate. They changed my results again but still say my top match is to Germany but I'm only a little bit German. My actual ancestry is mostly British. The only other thing that can explain it is that they are counting my 1/4 Czechoslovakian as German.


    French & German
    34.7%
    Germany
    Possible Match
    Germany has 16 administrative regions, and we found the strongest evidence of your ancestry in the following 2 regions.
    Baden-Württemberg
    North Rhine-Westphalia
    Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 2019-06-11 at 12:31.
    "Common sense is not so common" ~ Voltaire

    My ancestry is 62.5% British (English, Welsh, Scottish, and Ulster Scot), 25% Czechoslovakian, and 12.5% Dutch-Belgian-French-German-Swedish ... and distant links from all over Europe

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

    Ozrage (2019-06-12)

  5. #3
    Regular Member
    Molecular Biologist Magnetic's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 00:04
    Join Date
    2019-01-09
    Posts
    905
    Gender
    Age
    33
    Y-DNA
    E L-29
    mtDNA
    H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Med + Armenoid/Taurid

    Default

    well I get my homeprovince at nr.1 so thats pretty cool


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magnetic For This Useful Post:

    Ozrage (2019-06-12), Parween (Yesterday)

  7. #4
    Established Member
    Conspiracy Realist
    Last Online
    2019-06-13 @ 23:50
    Join Date
    2009-10-23
    Posts
    1,595
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1
    mtDNA
    H1
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Russia

    Default

    I've got Polish regions along with the Russian ones, even though I have no known Polish ancestors



    My genetic profile gets curioser and curioser...

    - I am 1.4% Scandinavian, even though no Russians on my sharing list have any Scandinavian, which means it is not something ancient diluted in East Euro pool, otherwise others would have it too. So I likely have a legit Scandinavian ancestor from sometime in the early 1800's.
    - I am 0.8% Italian, same as Scandinavian - likely an ancestor in early 1800's.
    - I am 2.3% Greek and Balkan
    - I have a whole lot of Volga Tatar relatives
    - I do not seem to have any ancestry from North Russia so far, despite of what I was told by the family lore (old believer ancestry from the Archangelsk region)
    - My Asian component got reduced to 0.7% from previous 2.7%
    - My overall genetic profile is much more heterogenous than other Russians' - most are 95+% East Euro

    Last edited by voron; 2019-06-13 at 23:25.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to voron For This Useful Post:

    Ozrage (2019-06-13)

  9. #5
    Regular Member
    Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26
    Join Date
    2019-03-07
    Posts
    548
    Location
    Cornwall New York
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Cornwall England
    Phenotype
    Western U.K.
    Politics
    Tory
    Religion
    Anglican
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    Mine isn't accurate. They changed my results again but still say my top match is to Germany but I'm only a little bit German. My actual ancestry is mostly British. The only other thing that can explain it is that they are counting my 1/4 Czechoslovakian as German.


    French & German
    34.7%
    Germany
    Possible Match
    Germany has 16 administrative regions, and we found the strongest evidence of your ancestry in the following 2 regions.
    Baden-Württemberg
    North Rhine-Westphalia
    There are ethnic Germans from Czechoslovakia
    "I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).


    "Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DracoSentien For This Useful Post:

    ~Elizabeth~ (2019-06-14)

  11. #6
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ~Elizabeth~'s Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2012-03-07
    Posts
    4,971
    Gender
    mtDNA
    H1c12
    Politics
    Trump 2020
    United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DracoSentien View Post
    There are ethnic Germans from Czechoslovakia
    I know, but my Czechoslovakian side is my "brick wall".

    One great grandmother was from a town is southern Czechoslovakia, near Bratislava. Bratislava used be called Pressburg (near Vienna, Austria). One great grandfather was from northern Czechoslovakia, near the Polish border.
    "Common sense is not so common" ~ Voltaire

    My ancestry is 62.5% British (English, Welsh, Scottish, and Ulster Scot), 25% Czechoslovakian, and 12.5% Dutch-Belgian-French-German-Swedish ... and distant links from all over Europe

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Elizabeth~ For This Useful Post:

    Ozrage (2019-06-14)

  13. #7
    Established Member
    Angolan King Celph Titled's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Join Date
    2013-12-07
    Posts
    7,563
    Gender
    Race
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

    Default

    Somewhat

    For the Iberian, I got Azores, Portugal but I have no Portuguese roots that I know of
    Italian, they matched me perfectly with Veneto, but my list is a mixture of Northern and Southern Italy in which in majority of those on the list, I have nothing to do with

    They got the French one right


    I am still waiting to be matched with a region in Sardinia, I know I have Sardinian ancestry because of the percentage that I have which is higher than what 100% Italians have on average


    I am also waiting to get matched with Angola for my African side, it would be great if 23andMe started doing that because I am sick and tired of Europe

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Celph Titled For This Useful Post:

    Ozrage (2019-06-14)

  15. #8
    Regular Member
    Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:26
    Join Date
    2019-03-07
    Posts
    548
    Location
    Cornwall New York
    Gender
    Age
    41
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Cornwall England
    Phenotype
    Western U.K.
    Politics
    Tory
    Religion
    Anglican
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
    I know, but my Czechoslovakian side is my "brick wall".

    One great grandmother was from a town is southern Czechoslovakia, near Bratislava. Bratislava used be called Pressburg (near Vienna, Austria). One great grandfather was from northern Czechoslovakia, near the Polish border.
    Austrians are closely related to Germans and some being outright ethnic German like Arnold Schwarzenneger and Poland has ethnic Germans too around Danzig and perhaps other parts.
    "I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).


    "Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to DracoSentien For This Useful Post:

    ~Elizabeth~ (2019-06-14)

  17. #9
    Regular Member
    Junior Member Parween's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:58
    Join Date
    2017-01-18
    Posts
    36
    Gender
    Kurdistan

    Default

    I also get my region

    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Parween; Yesterday at 12:57.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parween For This Useful Post:

    Magnetic (Yesterday), Ozrage (Yesterday)

  19. #10
    Regular Member
    Junior Member Alexis21's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:44
    Join Date
    2016-01-06
    Posts
    97
    Gender
    Y-DNA
    R-M198
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    Slavic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voron View Post
    My genetic profile gets curioser and curioser...

    - I am 1.4% Scandinavian, even though no Russians on my sharing list have any Scandinavian, which means it is not something ancient diluted in East Euro pool, otherwise others would have it too. So I likely have a legit Scandinavian ancestor from sometime in the early 1800's.
    - I am 0.8% Italian, same as Scandinavian - likely an ancestor in early 1800's.
    - I am 2.3% Greek and Balkan
    - I have a whole lot of Volga Tatar relatives
    - I do not seem to have any ancestry from North Russia so far, despite of what I was told by the family lore (old believer ancestry from the Archangelsk region)
    - My Asian component got reduced to 0.7% from previous 2.7%
    - My overall genetic profile is much more heterogenous than other Russians' - most are 95+% East Euro
    Where in Russia are your parents/grandparents from? Can you post your GEDmatch results or maybe even the kit number? At least Eurogenes K13, Dodecad K12b and MDLP K23b.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2016-04-30, 06:25
  2. How much eastern euro do poles score on 23andme?
    By thatone in forum Genetic DNA Companies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2015-04-16, 16:48
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2015-01-30, 15:35
  4. are eastern Euro more pheno-homogenous than western Euro?
    By Kwestos in forum Personal Taxonomy
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 2011-07-15, 13:18
  5. On 23andMe tests, why does it say that Assyrians are Southern Euro?
    By 7eleven in forum General Genetics Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2010-11-10, 07:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
<