R-M417
    mtDNA
    U2b2
    Metaethnos
    Indian
    Ethnicity
    Tamil

Default Teeth

Do you notice certain races have better teeth? I've been mulling over how bad mine are recently: off white, very crooked still even after getting braces (i stoppe wearing my retainer), a few fillings and now another a cavity I've given up going to the dentist because Im getting paranoid about them, I'd rather just let my teeth decay in peace..I've accepted I got unlucky with genetics. It got me thinking australian aboriginals always seem to have perfect teeth. Very big and strong looking. Maybe black people too, but I see a lot of black people with gap teeth (never crooked though)

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    2019-07-17 @ 15:39
    X2b
    United States Italy Germany Scotland

I've noticed this, too!

I'm from North America (USA) and when I traveled to Europe the biggest physical difference between Americans and Europeans that stood out to me (besides weight and apparent physical fitness) was their teeth. Just my opinion, but I do think that Americans of all races tend to have nicer looking teeth than the people I saw in Europe.

I'm sure that genetics plays a big part. Don't quote me on this, but I do think that the wideness of your palate plays a big role in how straight your teeth will be naturally. I know that it's pretty routine to have an expander put on before you get braces put on to widen the palate and make room for your teeth to straighten out. I would imagine some races tend to have wider palates than others.

Also keep in mind though that there are probably lifestyle and financial factors at play. It's easy to look at somebody and think that they have perfect looking teeth - but they may have had braces, they may have bleached their teeth, or they might even be hiding a lot of dental problems behind veneers (or Photoshop!) You can defintely have straight, white teeth and have a lot of cavities at the same time! For what it's worth, growing up I always took really good care of my teeth and my younger brother did not. My teeth are naturally straight and pretty white, but I have 2 or 3 cavities. Meanwhile, my brother needed braces and has kind of off-colored teeth and 0 cavities.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Any drop of European genes will ruin your teeth
    that is how I know when an Amerindian from Mexico is not pure or close to pure
    I just look at their crooked teeth to verify, I don't need a DNA test to know who ruined them