User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: why do ssa people (especially aframs) have such great voices ?98 days old

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:19

Quote Originally Posted by CAONABO View Post
    Many of them dominated during the classic era (1980's) of merengue (and as you can see from your list, it's a mixed bunch).
    Only Ruby Pérez and El Torito were able to survived from that group and today they still make music. Monchy Capricho and Benny Sadel made it into the mid 90s but after that they disappeared too like the rest. It's sad because they were all talented.

I happen to think that era in Dominican music, especially in Merengue (late 70s to very early 90s) reflected the remanents of Trujillo for some reason. Our current music is probably the result of the remanents of Balaguer.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

Monchy Capricho had a decent voice. He sounded like he could sing balads or even Mariachi.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

These two look over 60% SSA. They have cute voices both.

Btw, Benny died about two years ago from cancer I believe. The second one died in the 1980s when that merengue song I posted was a hit. Nobody really knows how he died. That merengue is one of my favorites.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

I think Juanchy sounded better live. Either way that sound needs to be remasterized. This video is from 1984 I think.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Tamizhachi

Quote Originally Posted by Arch Hades View Post
    @Magnetic

You really consider their singing voices better than someone like Anthony Kiedis from the Chili Peppers? I don't.

I'm only talking about males vs males.

I think some Black females have great singing voices.
    What is so special about his voice?

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

With African-Americans it's probably cultural. People in black churches sing a lot, and abilities with the voice, whether singing, speaking, or poetry, is big in their culture.

Anyway, one of my favourite bands. Their lead singer has a great voice.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-09-15 @ 19:49
    Americanoid
    Phenotype
    Mediterranid
    Metaethnos
    Roman
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Atlanto Med + Dinarid
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Catholic
    United States Holy Roman Empire South Africa 1928-1994 Portugal Order of Christ Portugal

You should have just named the thread black singer appreciation thread or some shit. Yes black folks do have some very good singers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Essien View Post
    • The Grimaldi African occupied Europe in ancient times.
    • The original Celtic priesthood were Blacks.
    • Black people constructed Stonehenge.
    • The Scots are themselves of Black origin.
    • The Irish are of black origin.
    • The Knights of King Arthur's round table were Blacks.
    • There was an African, Gormund who ruled Ireland at the time of the Anglo-Saxons.
    • The first King to unite Norway was Black. He was known as Halfdan the Black.
    http://i.imgur.com/uSkUyji.jpg

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    It's a cultural thing among Aframs.

Afro-Latinos for example are not known for having great voices. For making great music, yes, but not really for our singing abilities. In fact the best voices in our market belong to either white Latinos or mestizos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    That is because you are only focusing on American English music
    In Latin America like Daven mentioned, they are not known to be good singers at all. It is actually mestizos/whites who have the best voices, but more those from Mexico

In Asia, it is the Filipinos who are known for their great voices and singing abilities and its not necessarily the black indigenous Filipinos. But since Filipinos have Mexican ancestry then we already know from what ancestry did they get their singing ability.

Afro Latinos are known for their singing talent ,people like Celia Cruz ,Francisco Aguabella,Joe Arroyo,chocquibtown,Profetas, Elza Soares, La Lupe,Xiomara Fortuna,Susana Baca, etc all have great voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post

In Europe, the best singers are Italians, they have the best singing vocals in all of Europe, they are talented and blessed with many great singers

I am not sure about the Middle East, maybe that is why you are surprise with Aframs and their singing ability because such thing is not found in your ethnic group? or who are the best singers in the Middle East?
    People of African descent have been noted in the Middle East too, take for example Bilal who was a compatriot of Prophet Muhammad was a great singer and inspired the muzzeins you see around the world.Another one would be singer Hamza El Din.
    Last edited by Menelik; 2019-06-16 at 22:39.

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online

I already put some Dominican examples but didn't want to continue spaming by posting more really.

Celia Cruz was only good for singing salsa IMO.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Sub-Saharan African
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Angola Mexico Angola Mexico Angola Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Menelik View Post
    Afro Latinos are known for their singing talent ,people like Celia Cruz ,Francisco Aguabella,Joe Arroyo,chocquibtown,Profetas, Elza Soares, La Lupe,Xiomara Fortuna,Susana Baca, etc all have great voices.

Their voices are pretty average for Latin American standards, nothing spectacular. Listen to them sing live and you will see how average they sound.

If you look up Latin American female singers for example, in many videos, most of the time are filled with Mexicans and in the comments you will see many Latin Americans writing things like "There must be something in the waters of Mexico for them to have such great singers", "why does Mexico have great singers?", "Mexico is filled with talents", "Mexicans are born singing" etc

Example:

bibii cubas
    Soy uruguaya pero me mudo para mexico haber si canto como ellas ja

"I am Uruguayan, but I will move to Mexico to see if I can sing like them ja"

YoYo
    parece que todas las chicas de mexico tienen la misma voz, debe ser algo en el agua

"it looks like all the females of Mexico have the same voice (singing ability), it has to be something in the water"

XDJ NEMO
    felicidades a México tiene mujeres bellas con una voz hermosa angelical a cualquiera loco enamorado hacen soñar.

"Congratulations to Mexico, they have beautiful women with a beautiful angelic voice that would make any man dream"

A lot of genres in Latin America do not require you to have such great voices, most are very average to begin with like the videos you posted. The genre that does require you to have a very good voice is Mariachi and Rancheras. That is why singers that sing Mariachi can actually compete against Opera singers. Salseros cant compete against Mariachi singers, they know Mariachi singers are the kings and a very hard genre to sing.

Not one singer that you posted can out sing this Mexican who is highly respected all over Latin America for his talent

in Mariachi, when it comes to love/heartbreak songs you need to sing like you are hurt, angry, in love, you need to transmit those emotions to your public

In fact, look up little Mariachi singers, then compare them to little salsa singers lol there is going to be such a huge difference in their singing, the little Mariachi singers will out sing those little salseros

These mariachi kids were born with this voice, they didn't go to school at all
    Like I said, not everyone can sing this genre, you have to be very blessed

You will not be able to find any of these type of talent among the youth of any genre

This girl is an afro-mexican from Oaxaca but because she is Mexican, she can out sing anyone, so racial background doesn't matter, what makes you a great singer is having Mexican heritage

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast