Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    A younger boundary would only be justified if we were living on Nazarene times, when being a 30 year old was the equivalent of being ancient now, since the life expectancy was massively low due to the warfare and diseases of the time. On our era it is not justified at all unless you were referring to an ethnic group that were on the absolute verge of extinction, and even on these cases there would be reservations.
    The same argument was on my mind, and you tried to preempt it. Do we wait until a race is on the verge of extinction before we try to save it? I wouldn't, especially if it is my own race. The proposal that we should move the age of consent up to 20 is new to me, and it needs justification of some sort, not just dogmatic assertions, not just the modern moral tradition that sex and youth must be mutually exclusive. Biology speaks otherwise.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    The same argument was on my mind, and you tried to preempt it. Do we wait until a race is on the verge of extinction before we try to save it? I wouldn't, especially if it is my own race. The proposal that we should move the age of consent up to 20 is new to me, and it needs justification of some sort, not just dogmatic assertions, not just the modern moral tradition that sex and youth must be mutually exclusive. Biology speaks otherwise.
    Ok, how about the fact that most teenage pregnancies are high risk? Is that good enough for you, or would you be satisfied with only one of the two (mother or child) surviving the ordeal?

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ApostateAbe's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:50
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Maybe you mean that teenage pregnancies are higher risk than otherwise. That has intermediate weight in my opinion. We don't even think about criminalizing men who have sex with women over 40.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ApostateAbe For This Useful Post:

Yyy (2019-06-25)

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    Maybe you mean that teenage pregnancies are higher risk than otherwise.
    Not only that, but there is also the fact that teenagers haven't reached their full mental maturity, so being early parents is setting them and the children up for a traumatizing experience. The children in question get to regard them more as older brothers/sisters than giving them the respect that parents are due to have.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to El Andullero For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-06-25)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    ...If it was purely biological, well, a man's sexual peak is 18 and a woman's is 35... I see nobody here justifying hooking up with cougars on biological grounds, though...
    Frankly, I'm not at all an advocate for depravity (and clearly any man advocating for the consent age to be lowered, is one depraved ass mofo---I'm personally of the opinion that you're depraved if you mess around with anyone under the age of 18, regardless of state-specific consent laws). However, let's make one thing clear, y'all clowns peak in desirability at 18, whereas our prime is much more elapsed (that same study confirms this). So just accept that no man wants your old decrepit ass.

Also, "sexual peak" meaning what exactly? No one cares about you becoming more of a nymphomaniac the older you get. So you wanna get turned the fuck out more, whereas a man's virility declines the older he gets, so what? It's about maximizing your fertility window, and it's a known fact that ADULT women are at their MOST optimally fertile in their early to mid-20s. Men have a later and much smaller decline in fertility relative women.

So ofc no sane man looking to procreate sees "cougars" as being the ideal partner to successfully achieve this with. It would be completely counterproductive to the stated goal.
    Last edited by Tsarcastic; 2019-06-25 at 03:32.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by El Andullero View Post
    Not only that, but there is also the fact that teenagers haven't reached their full mental maturity, so being early parents is setting them and the children up for a traumatizing experience. The children in question get to regard them more as older brothers/sisters than giving them the respect that parents are due to have.
    That is another small upside. If when we should be allowed to reproduce is about the personal interests of parents and children, freedoms be damned, then later is generally better. The older we are, the wiser we are and the richer we are. Maybe we should move the age of consent up to 28, at the same time as the peak of raw intelligence test scores. Or maybe 35, which would be the wealthiest age shortly before female childbearing risk begins to spike upward. Or, fuck it, maybe it should be illegal to have heterosexual sex at any age, because children are always a huge personal cost with little personal payoff in the modern world. They tend to be our biggest regrets. If we were all prohibited from the prospect of childbearing, we would all very much enjoy ourselves, all throughout the process of our extinction.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    Frankly, I'm not at all an advocate for depravity (and clearly any man advocating for the consent age to be lowered, is one depraved ass mofo---I'm personally of the opinion that you're depraved if you mess around with anyone under the age of 18, regardless of state-specific consent laws). However, let's make one thing clear, y'all clowns peak in desirability at 18, whereas our prime is much more elapsed (that same study confirms this). So just accept that no man wants your old decrepit ass.

Also, "sexual peak" meaning what exactly? No one cares about you becoming more of a nymphomaniac the older you get. So you wanna get turned the fuck out more, whereas a man's virility declines the older he gets, so what? It's about maximizing your fertility window, and it's a known fact that ADULT women are at their MOST optimally fertile in their early to mid-20s. Men have a later and much smaller decline in fertility relative women.

So ofc no sane man looking to procreate sees "cougars" as being the ideal partner to successfully achieve this with. It would be completely counterproductive to the stated goal.
    If "sexual peak" means the peak of sex drive, then I suppose it would make biological sense. Females are highly choosy with their males when they can afford it, but, at the age of 35, standards will plummet for the sake of reproduction before the opportunity is permanently lost.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

LOL I brought this conversation elsewhere and somebody posted this. I laughed.

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DragonRouge For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2019-06-25)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:20
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

LOL I brought this conversation elsewhere and somebody posted this. I laughed.

Lol, I've seen this posted in other areas too, so much babble for trying to justify their simple premise. No shit little kids are different mentally from teens, still doesnt justify relationships with adults .
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-06-25)

Race Scientist
    Last Online

They want teenage girls, girls at an age when they have self-esteem lower than Mariana's Trench, so that they can be groomed and controlled.

That's what this is all about at its core.
    As for people like 2dcon otakus, for the most part they themselves have low self-esteem and a pure heart, and they don't want to be influenced by people who have already turned corrupt and evil, because they don't want to lose the purity of their heart. Therefore they are disgusted by real-life p*rn. 2dcon otakus are mostly in their teens or twenties, so they are the age when it would still be conventional for them to date adolescents (or at least late-adolescents), even though they do not do so in practice, because they are terrified of 3d females, and because they are by definition less interested in 3d than 2d.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang):

Ken Kitabayashi of the Nomura Research Institute has defined moe as "being strongly attracted to one's ideals"[8] [...] Kitabayashi has identified it to be a pun with the Japanese ichidan (一段) verb for 'to sprout' moeru (萌える) and its homophone 'to burn' moeru (燃える), which mean 'to burn' (in the sense of one's heart burning, or burning with passion).[8] Galbraith states that the term came from 2channel in the 1990s, discussing female characters who were "hybrids of the Lolicon (Lolita Complex) and bishoujo (beautiful girl) genres".

[...]

Azuma argues that "to moe" is simply the act of analyzing each of the character's moe characteristics and expending those characteristics within the mind, and thus differs from mere feelings of empathy.[35] [...] In contrast, Tooru Honda argues against the idea that moe is simply "the act of arousal in response to signals, and thus animalization" and argues that this interpretation does not allow one to recall the essence of moe.[37] Honda considers moe to be the act of remembering ideals among the background signals, an act of necessity that arose as the romance rejected by religion continued to be supported by materialism, and thus interprets it as a mental activity relevant to the contexts of mythology and religion.[38] [...] since moe is commonly interpreted to be in competition with the act of searching for romance in real life, it is thus the antithesis of male-dominant machoism.[39]

[...]

Anime director Kazuya Tsurumaki defines moe to be "the act of filling in missing information about characters on one's own." Accepting this view, writer Junji Hotta explains that characters are born from human instinct, which is the exact reason why one can be charmed by them much more than one could by real people.[42] Toshio Okada says that while he himself has not fully understood moe, he defines it as not simply being stirred emotionally by beautiful girls, but also as the meta-viewpoint of seeing oneself falling into such a state.[43]

I used to follow some Finnish girls on Twitter who were self-proclaimed shotacons, i.e. they like shota, or prepubescent or young-looking adolescent boys, and they posted explicit drawings involving shota characters. Even though they were over 18 themselves, they were also drooling over Robin (who is the Finnish equivalent of Justin Bieber) even before he turned 16, when he was jailbait according to Finnish law.
    Last edited by Yyy; 2019-06-25 at 19:55.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast