Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    Which laws? I'm curious as to the changes you had in mind.

Going to have to disagree on the other part, lots of CSA is hidden and victims don't reveal it until much later, for fear of not being believed, or perceived a nuisance.
    I suggest lowering the age of consent down to 15 in all states. The penalties for sex with a victim below that age need to be left up to the judge, with no mandatory minimums, because the severity of the crime is a function of the age of the victim, the age difference between the victim and perpetrator, the physical damage, and the level of consent of the victim. If 15 seems outrageous, consider that it is 12 in most of Mexico and all of the Philippines. I think we need to allow sex as soon as the sex drive exists. Whether or not the abuser goes on a sex offender registry also needs to be left up to the judge. Any progress toward that kind of system would be better, in my opinion. A bunch of states don't even have Romeo and Juliet laws. When an 18-year-old Romeo makes out with a 17-year-old Juliet, that makes Romeo a sex abuser.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Race Scientist
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22

There's also cases of Juliet abusing Romeo. Alex Jones says that by the time he was 16, he had been with over 150 women, and that he dated a lot of older girls. On Joe Rogan (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yh2HcIlkU&t=1h51m22s), he said,

I remember one time I got choked out, it was cool. The first time I got choked out was like this 17 year old super hot chick, and I was like 13, and she lived down the street. And she goes — I got promiscuous when I was pretty young, like 12 — and she goes, "I'll have sex with you" — this is a true story — "I'll have sex with you if you let me put makeup on you." So I'm not into gay stuff or anything. So the girl puts the makeup on, and I have sex with her, and she's super hot, and then like a week later she goes, "now I'm gonna choke you out."

In the U.K., a 20-year-old female babysitter who had sex with an 11-year-old boy only got a 6-month suspended sentence (https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...spared-6575419). The judge said, "Having read everything before me, it was quite clear he was a mature 11-year-old and you were an immature 20-year-old so that narrows the arithmetic age gap between you." The father of the boy said that his son is "sex-mad". The girl was described as "petite" and as having "low IQ and very poor reasoning skills".

In 1880, the age of consent was 10 or 12 in most U.S. states (http://chnm.gmu.edu/cyh/teaching-mod...rces&source=24). However it was at a time when both having children out of wedlock and abortion were a bigger deal, and when use of contraception was more rare.

Last edited by Yyy; 2019-06-26 at 23:50.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yyy For This Useful Post:

ApostateAbe (2019-06-26), Menelik (2019-06-28)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56
    Q-M3
    mtDNA
    A2
    Ethnicity
    Mexican-American
    Phenotype
    Mestizo
    Religion
    Atheist
    United States Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    I suggest lowering the age of consent down to 15 in all states. The penalties for sex with a victim below that age need to be left up to the judge, with no mandatory minimums, because the severity of the crime is a function of the age of the victim, the age difference between the victim and perpetrator, the physical damage, and the level of consent of the victim. If 15 seems outrageous, consider that it is 12 in most of Mexico and all of the Philippines. I think we need to allow sex as soon as the sex drive exists. Whether or not the abuser goes on a sex offender registry also needs to be left up to the judge. Any progress toward that kind of system would be better, in my opinion. A bunch of states don't even have Romeo and Juliet laws. When an 18-year-old Romeo makes out with a 17-year-old Juliet, that makes Romeo a sex abuser.
    Penalties being left to the local judge were the historical precedent, it became an issue when some would often dismiss clear crimes against underage victims.

Your Mexico comment didn't take into account how majority of their states instilled various statutes to counteract the federal age. One is “Estupro”(statutory rape), which is a crime in Mexico where one of the parties is older than 12, but below 18. The requirements of what constitutes as Estupro is different throughout the states, but all of them include at least "consent through seduction/deceit". Another crime is “Corruption of Minors ” that covers acts where one of the parties is under 18. Many states designate this charge similar to a felony.

Romeo and Juliet discussion for different states is another story which might actually see some valid points if the ages are indeed close enough. Lowering the national age of consent though is a non-starter to be quite frank.
    "Living or dying, it's not a big deal. What we should be concerned about is whether or not we're allowed to crawl to our graves."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a_garcia49 For This Useful Post:

DragonRouge (2019-06-26), El Andullero (2019-06-27), Menelik (2019-06-28)

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Male relatives J1c3
    mtDNA
    U5a2c
    Metaethnos
    Métis-Souriquois
    Ethnicity
    Acadian
    Politics
    Shawinigan Handshake
    Religion
    Atheist
    Canada Canada Acadia Canada Quebec Basque Faroe Islands Viking

^ Right.

Even when Canada’s age of consent was 12, the law factored in maturity and power dynamics. This meant a teacher messing with students could go to jail, even if the kid was over 12 (or even 20, for that matter). And that law applies today to people over 16 with the raised age of consent. The charge is called “Breach of Trust” and sounds similar to Mexico’s laws.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Acadian proverb

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Race
    Triracial
    Ethnicity
    Hispanic
    Phenotype
    Platanoid Mongrel
    Spain Amazigh Dominican Republic Puerto Rico African Union(OAS) Jatibonicu Taino

Quote Originally Posted by DragonRouge View Post
    This is all you need to understand about the political compass

Sorry to break it to you, but you're nowhere near the "normal spectrum". You're merely a different side of the same retarded shitty coin.

Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 00:01
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

Quote Originally Posted by saru21 View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but you're nowhere near the "normal spectrum". You're merely a different side of the same retarded shitty coin.
    Being Normal is overrated anyway. Basically they are slaves to the capitalist grind until they die but they think there is safety in sheer sheeple pack numbers. Only think certain for them is, death and taxes, in life as with everyone else which means there is no good reason to be normal.
    "I am inherently gloomy about the prospect of Africa” because “all our social policies are based on the fact that their intelligence is the same as ours, whereas all the testing says, not really.” -- James Watson (founding father of modern genetics).

"Give me a lever long enough to stand on I can lift the world"--Archimedes (if you don't understand the not literal meaning of that comment then you are innumerate most likely)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6