Afro-American
    Phenotype
    New World Black
    Politics
    Center-right
    Religion
    Church of Christ
    United States

I looked at the study you posted, lol, the Egypt sample {Lisht from 1991–1783 BC located south of modern Cairo) is the lone sample and there were no Nubians nor other Egyptian samples . That alone can account for different results. Too bad you never fully read the studies you post. And Lachish sampled in the study you posted differ from one sample used in Keita's study. Its a GOOD thing I actually went back and fully read of the study you posted. T
    Last edited by Game Theory; 2019-07-13 at 15:40.
    We Wuz Kerma Kangz delusion..........

Quote Originally Posted by Meygaag View Post
    You @beyoku @HabariTess @Roseai are the ones claiming people that have nothing to do with them.I'm a Cushitic descendant of the Sudan and an heir to all it's civilizations while you descend from Ebola stricken negroes from the Congo forest that eat albinos in order to gain superpowers lmao

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 22:56
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    White American
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Phenotype
    Pompeii frescoe
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Religion
    Panentheism
    Germany Japan Italy

You're repeating yourself again and I've already addressed that dumb shxt you repeat, dental NON-METRIC traits are a separate thing from craniometric moprhology, you don't even understand what dental non-metric traits
    I know they are separate. But they are important and indicative of biological relationships. The study I quoted even says it.

Your lack of reading is funny. That study looked at Egyptians from the Greek period, a period of high foreign immigration. Keita studied the predynastics and Early Dynastics who are closest to the original founders So I don't know what your point was, you don't even read what you post.
    Only half right,
    Not all the samples in that study were from the Greek period, just the majority of them. 17 out of 25...the majority. But even earlier Egyptians were clusting into way outside group norms. One of the Egyptians from the 1st intermediate period clustered with Hawaiian norms. So were there Hawaiian settlers of Egypt now? Use your head. This is just typical cranio-metric variablity we see in all populations. Also, the 2014 study said this about the Greek era ones from Akhimim

"it can be assumed that the population of Akhmim from the Ptolemaic period would have remained more biologically stable, despite in-migrations, than other areas of Egypt at this time and comparisons can be drawn to investigate population continuity and change in the entirety of Egypt." (Klales, 2014)

So these particular Greek era Egyptians probably werent that mixed.

''The classification of a number of crania into the Romano-British series is noteworthy, and suggests evidence for a Romano-British pres- ence. This is, of course, impossible, since there were no Romano-British during the time of the Judean Kingdom, nor were there any First Dynasty Egyptians, etc. It can be said only at best that these crania morpho- metrically resemble the various other series at the group or individual level. Theoreti- cally only groups, which in reality an un- known series could have affinities or identities with, can or should be used Black- ith and Reyment, 1971). This is clearly not the case here for most series if the Lachish series’ crania are accepted as truly being of the date assigned to the site by archeology. This reality axiom is especially true when the individuals of the Lachish or any other series are evaluated as unknowns and the results are in terms of specific identities. It is clear as implied earlier that the idea of similarity must be informed by a larger the- oretical framework."
    And this reinforces exactly my point. It's impossible for there to been actual Romano-British occupants of the Levant. The Lachish individual morphologies fitting in that cluster are simply indicative of metrical variation we see in any population. Same with the individuals fitting into an Egyptian cluster. Hell going by Keita 1988 even a few fit in Gabon cluster. So do we have immigrants from modern Gabon now? No, of course not.

His inferences (which he really didn't seem all that resolute ) are outdated and debunked by the 2005 dental non metric study which tested for population continuity. It's that simple. Keita 1988 doesnt even attempt that. Nor does he have any other Levantine groups to compare with. What Keita did with the Lachish in 1988 anyone can do with any population including the Egyptians themselves. Only the metrical mean of the samples are important, not individual variability. Which range all the way from West African to Romano British norms.

prove it
    Already did in my second post. You just don't like the truth or the evidence. You want to present Keita's 1988 very unresolute inferences of possible Egyptian migration as unfalsifiable. Which is pseudo-science. Lachish continuity with earlier Levantine groups has been established.

To somehow overturn this with craniometric data....you'd have to show earlier Southern Levantine groups are craniometrically shifted away from Lachish cranio-metric norms and Lachish cranio-metric norms deviate in an Egyptian direction in comparison to earlier groups. That would be a good sign something was going on and there was a mixture event or migration.

Keita 1988 doesnt show any of that. He doesnt even sample earlier Levantine groups. He just shows that Lachish individuals fit into outside population norms/clusters and says that since a significant number fit in Egyptian-Nubian norms there's a possibility of Egyptian migration. But this has been refuted using other disciplines (ie my 2005 study).

Anyway, i'm done responding to you, unless you can provide some major evidence craniometrically or genetically that Lachish show major discontinuity with earlier Southern Levantine groups. Responding with the same old debunked garbage isnt going to somehow make you 'win'.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    White American
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Phenotype
    Pompeii frescoe
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Religion
    Panentheism
    Germany Japan Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Game Theory View Post
    I looked at the study you posted, lol, the Egypt sample {Lisht from 1991–1783 BC located south of modern Cairo) is the lone sample and there were no Nubians nor other Egyptian samples . That alone can account for different results. Too bad you never fully read the studies you post. And Lachish sampled in the study you posted differ from one sample used in Keita's study. Its a GOOD thing I actually went back and fully read of the study you posted. T
    You should really take your own advice. Keita 1988 doesnt even sample other-earlier Levantines. The study I posted at least has Egyptians, earlier Levantines, and Lachish for a comparison and a legit test for continuity. For all i know earlier Levantine individuals craniometrically will have just as high a percentage of individuals fit into an Egyptian cluster (or Gabon or British cluster).

You're also kind of calling Keita 1993 an idiot since Keita 1993 uses Lachish as his Near Eastern reference when attempting to assess the biological affinties of his predynastic Egyptian samples. Which in that study did come closer to his particular African groups.
    But why would Keita use a mix Egyptian population as his Near Eastern reference for donating people and genflow? Why not a 'real' South Levantine population? You're basically saying he's a clueless incompotent. His conclusions in 1988 look hardly resolute.

So yeah there's really no evidence the Lachish are somehow an alien or radically different Levantine group.

We wuz Levantines and shit, I know, Charlie.
    Last edited by Arch Hades; 2019-07-13 at 18:40.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:27
    T-M184
    mtDNA
    R0a2
    Ethnicity
    Dir/Bedouin
    Ethiopia Djibouti Oman Sudan

Black levantines

These guys are a lost cause

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    White American
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Phenotype
    Pompeii frescoe
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Religion
    Panentheism
    Germany Japan Italy

My challenge still stands

"To somehow overturn this with craniometric data....you'd have to show earlier Southern Levantine groups are craniometrically shifted away from Lachish cranio-metric norms and Lachish cranio-metric norms deviate in an Egyptian direction in comparison to earlier groups. That would be a good sign something was going on and there was a mixture event or migration."

That's what it would take

If that was shown i would at least concede that there was some admixture and/or migration in.the Levant. I'm not so much of a bigot I would deny it if that was shown before me. But Keita 1988's little cluster analysis and hardly resolute conclusions just don't cut it. Nor do they make any sense of his 1993 study in response to Brace. I'm being perfectly honest here.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    J2b2*
    mtDNA
    H1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Metaethnos
    White American
    Ethnicity
    Greco-Mediterranean
    Phenotype
    Pompeii frescoe
    Politics
    I don't do politics
    Religion
    Panentheism
    Germany Japan Italy

Hey Game Theory. Do you have a link to Keita's 1993 study? The one I quoted in OP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2