User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Headshots of members of sports teams65 days old

Established Member
    -
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Titled View Post
    Look at the pictures I posted above, those are their close up pictures, they all look very young
    while the Asian ones dont look as young and youthful as the Mexican ones
    Actually the Mexican team does look kind of young compared to the other teams. Maybe it's partially because the average height of Mexico's team (174cm) was listed as 9cm shorter than the Chinese team (183cm). And I don't know if Mexico still has lower age at menarche than the U.S. or Europe. In one data set (https://dabblingwithdata.wordpress.c...he-by-country/), Mexico had one of the lowest ages at menarche (12.4), but I think it's partially because of urban bias, because it was based on a single paper whose population sample was from Mexico City.

Here's another photo which demonstrates my view that worse-looking whites look more Southern European or MENA. In Australia's team, the two members who I think look the worst are numbers 4 and 8. They are the members who look the most Southern European, and it's not only because they have dark hair and dark eyes, but they also have the smallest and narrowest heads in the team, or at least they're close. They also have the highest or close to highest level of dark areas around the eyes. However both members also have an Italian surname (Conti and Rocci).

In the photo below, the two members who I said look the worst in the previous photo have a red dot over their head.

The member who I think looks the best has a green dot over her head. She has the biggest head in the team, and she has a wide rectangular face. She also has the lowest or close to lowest level of dark areas around the eyes, even though again I don't know if it's partially because of makeup.

You can clearly see the difference in how the eyes of the members look in the magnified rectangles.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoSentien View Post
    First of all there are no universally ugly group of people :

De gustibus non est disputandum, or de gustibus non disputandum est, is a Latin maxim meaning "In matters of taste, there can be no disputes" (literally "about tastes, it should not be disputed/discussed").
    There is no universally low-IQ race either, but it doesn't mean that racial differences in IQ is a subject which is not interesting to explore. The genetic differences between races are similar in nature to the genetic differences between individuals within races, and in the same way that some individuals within races are uglier than other individuals, some races are uglier than other races.

It would probably be possible to devise an "attraciveness quotient" (AQ) analogous to IQ. It might be calculated based on a combination of fairly objective qualities which are associated with attractiveness regardless of taste or culture, such as fluctuating asymmetry or the severity of dental malocclusion. In populations with low AQ, individuals with high AQ would be shifted towards individuals in populations with a high AQ in terms of different phenotypic qualities. More inbred populations would likely have lower AQ.

I have said before that non-white Caucasoids like MENAs and South Asians look the ugliest, because their ancestors have been agricultural and civilized the longest, but maybe it's actually better accounted for by how inbred they are. The map below depicts the prevalence of marriages between couples who are related as second cousins or closer:

the jaws [of individuals with microcephaly] are prognathous to an "effrayant" degree; so that these idiots somewhat resemble the lower types of mankind.
    If you search for photos of people with microcephaly, the people don't generally have a large jaw so that they would have high prognathism, even though they do look like they have a high facial angle, because they have a receding forehead. MENAs and Southern Europeans have both smaller jaws and more receding foreheads than Northern Europeans. Whites who look more gracile or Southern European have both smaller brain size and lower prognathism than whites who look more Northern European. People who have a vertical forehead rarely have a small mandible.

Laurillard remarks, that as he has found a complete similarity in the form, proportions, and connection of the two malar bones in several human subjects and in certain apes, he cannot consider this disposition of the parts as simply accidental.
    Husky malar bones (cheekbones) look more like wolf malar bones, and pug malar bones look less like wolf malar bones, but it doesn't imply that huskies are inferior to pugs.

Go through the photos of the 160 soccer players in my first post in this thread, and try to select the persons with the biggest malar bones, and the persons with the smallest malar bones. If you think that the latter look less ugly than the former, you must be a freak.

The opposite of a civilized or 'domesticated' person is an inferior savage :
    You said I'm biased, but it's the height of biased eurocentrism to think that Caucasoids are superior because they have a higher prevalence of a dental abnormality like third molar agenesis. Weston Price found that populations with a low prevalence of third molar agenesis also have a low prevalence of dental malocclusion and dental caries.

According to a paper titled Dental Paleopathology of Medieval Britain, dental caries was rare in Britain in the Neolithic and Bronze Age, but it had become more common in the Iron Age:

In the same paper, Neolithic and Bronze Age crania from Britain also had the lowest percentage of lost teeth and of abcessed sockets:

The same paper analyzed crania from a graveyard in Clopton, England, which was said to have been in use between the 12th and 14th centuries. Among those crania, the prevalence of third molar agenesis was listed as 31.8%, which is very high. The paper didn't mention what the prevalence of third molar agenesis was in the other series of crania.

In your quotation of Darwin, he wrote, "this shortening may, I presume, be attributed to civilised men habitually feeding on soft, cooked food, and thus using their jaws less". Then what about the circa 200 cc reduction in brain size among Caucasoids during the Holocene? Or has snout length shortened in domesticated animals because of diet too?

However, a paper titled Origins of Dental Crowding and Malocclusions: An Anthropological Perspective also takes the environmentalist position for the origin of dental malocclusion:

Abstract: The study of ancient Egyptian skeletons from Amarna, Egypt reveals extensive tooth wear but very little dental crowding, unlike in modern Americans. In the early 20th century, Percy Raymond Begg focused his research on extreme tooth wear coincident with traditional diets to justify teeth removal during orthodontic treatment. Anthropologists studying skeletons that were excavated along the Nile Valley in Egypt and the Sudan have demonstrated reductions in tooth size and changes in the face, including decreased robustness associated with the development of agriculture, but without any increase in the frequency of dental crowding and malocclusion. For thousands of years, facial and dental reduction stayed in step, more or less. These analyses suggest it was not the reduction in tooth wear that increased crowding and malocclusion, but rather the tremendous reduction in the forces of mastication, which produced this extreme tooth wear and the subsequent reduced jaw involvement. Thus, as modern food preparation techniques spread throughout the world during the 19th century, so did dental crowding. This research provides support for the development of orthodontic therapies that increase jaw dimensions rather than the use of tooth removal to relieve crowding.

The same paper also includes the figure below, according to which the muscles used for chewing (masseter and pterygold) are larger in hunter-gatherers:

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

Below are additionally photos of the members of each team in the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup (https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/teams/).

You can download the original images by using a shell command like this:

curl -s https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/teams/|pup '.fi-team-card attr{href}'|parallel -k curl -s https://www.fifa.com{}|pup '.fi-p a:not([href*=coach]) image attr{href}'|parallel curl {} -so {#}.jpg

Out of the members of the Swedish team, I think the member below looks the best. She has the most or close to the most: (1) eyes that are slanted inwards, (2) pronounced cheekbones, and (3) short nose. She also has skin that looks firm or rubbery, so that her facial lines, like the nasolabial folds and dimples, look like sharp lines. She also has a long distance between the nose and the mouth.

On the other hand, the two members below who have the most round eyes in the Swedish team both look scary.

The two members of the Swedish team below look Southern European and ugly, which is not simply because they have dark eyes, but they also have prominent eyelids, so they have MENA-like eyes that look tired. The one on the left also has a long nose and a short distance between the nose and the mouth.

Out of the members of the U.S. team, I think the member below looks the best. She possibly has the biggest cheekbones in the team, and I think she is also the white member who has the thickest lips. Her eyes are also clearly slanted inwards. She also has a short nose that is pointed upwards, so the nostrils are visible from the front.

Out of the members of the French team, I think the member below looks the best. She also clearly has eyes that are slanted inwards, and she has robust cranial morphology. Better-looking Southern Europeans look more Northern European, and worse-looking Northern Europeans look more Southern European.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

In the picture of Swedish soccer players below, I think the member in the upper left corner looks the best. She has a Mongoloid-like or Northeast European phenotype. Less ugly whites are phenotypically shifted towards Mongoloids and more ugly whites are phenotypically shifted towards MENAs.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

I used the facemorpher Python package to create the images below: https://pypi.org/project/facemorpher/.

brew install python2 opencv
    pip install facemorpher
    PYTHONPATH= python2 /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/facemorpher/averager.py --images=/path/to/images --background=average --out=/tmp/a.png
    mogrify -channel rgb -negate /tmp/a.png

Below are also morphs of the teams of predominantly white countries, where I attempted to exclude non-white members. I didn't exclude immigrants from other white countries, so that for example the morph of the Swedish team includes one member from Serbia and one member from Kosovo. I didn't consider Hispanics to be white.

Out of the morphs below, I think the Dutch and Norwegian morphs look the best. Both have a round face, high cheekbones, and eyes that are slanted inwards. The Swedish morph looks worse, because it has a narrower head and more prominent eyelids. The morphs of England, New Zealand, and USA also look uglier because they have a narrow and elliptical head.

Out of the three average morphs at the end (anglophone, non-anglophone Germanic-speaking, and Romance-speaking), I think the Germanic morph looks the best. It has the most round face and the highest cheekbones. The anglophone morph is intermediate between the Germanic and Romance morphs, and it looks similar to the average morph of all white players.

In the picture below, the morphs of the white players who I consider to look the best look the most like the morphs of the teams of non-anglophone Germanic-speaking countries. The white morphs actually have a more round face than the Asian morphs.

Below are morphs of the 4 members of each team who I considered to be the best-looking. I don't know why, but many of the morphs below resemble a single image out of the 4 source images. The teams of Argentina, Cameroon, and Chile were fugly, so their morphs also look ugly.

Below are morphs of the 4 ugliest white members of the teams of predominantly white countries. The morphs below generally look Southern European. They generally also have prominent eyelids and a narrow head. Many have eyes that are slanted outwards. Many also have a long nose or a short distance between the nose and the mouth. In the picture below, the Norwegian morph looks the least ugly, because even though some of the players in the 4 source images looked fairly ugly, somehow the average morph of the images ended up looking more balanced.

In the image below, if you compare the morph on the right with the morph in the middle, it has a narrower and more elliptical head, so that its forehead is also narrower, and so its hairline is more curved rather than straight. Its eyes and eyebrows are also less slanted inwards, and it has more prominent eyebags.

Finland didn't qualify for the FIFA world cup, but below is a morph of all members of the Finnish national women's soccer team, along with morphs of the 8 members who I picked as the best-looking and the worst-looking. Compared to the other two morphs, the morph in the middle has a wider face, eyes that are more slanted inwards, a broader nose, and less prominent eyelids. The morph on the right has a narrower forehead, a narrower and more pointy chin, and more prominent eyebags.

Last edited by Yyy; 2019-08-26 at 03:56.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

The spoiler below contains photos of each of the 32 teams in the 2018 FIFA Men's World Cup (https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/).

Spoiler: 

You can run shell commands like this to download the original images:

c=$(curl -s https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/)
    paste <(pup '.fi-team-card attr{href}'<<<"$c") <(pup '.fi-team-card__name text{}'<<<"$c"|sed 's/^ *//'|grep .)>teams
    cat teams|while IFS=$'\t' read l m;do d=fifa/"$m";mkdir -p "$d";curl -s https://www.fifa.com$l|pup '.fi-p a:not([href*=coach]) image attr{href}'|parallel curl {} -Lso "${d// /\\ }"/{#}.jpg;done

I uploaded the original images here: https://anonfile.com/i0Vcdd4en5/fifa...-headshots_tar.

Here are morphs of the teams:

Below are also morphs of the teams of predominantly white countries, where I attempted to exclude non-white members.

The morphs of the three Scandinavian teams have a wide and rectangular face, so that they also have fairly large malar bones. They don't look anything like narrow-headed Hallstatt Nordids. All three Scandinavian morphs also have a fairly short nose.

I also tried picking the 10 most ikemen players out of both the East Asian and Scandinavian teams . As with the morphs of female soccer players, the white morph looks like it has a wider face. The white morph even has a shorter nose.

Below is my estimate for the prevalence of light-colored eyes among the white members of the teams of predominantly white countries. I didn't count hazel as light-colored. I'm not sure which players are white or which players have light-colored eyes. Iceland's team is crazy, because all 23 players are white, and none of them even has gray or green eyes, but everyone has blue eyes.

Iceland: 23/23 (100%)
    Sweden: 20/20 (100%)
    Poland: 21/23 (91%)
    Denmark: 17/19 (89%)
    Germany: 13/16 (81%)
    England: 10/13 (77%)
    Belgium: 11/16 (69%)
    France: 4/8 (50%)
    Croatia: 11/23 (48%)
    Australia: 8/23 (35%)
    Russia: 7/23 (30%)
    Switzerland: 4/16 (25%)
    Spain: 5/23 (22%)
    Serbia: 5/23 (22%)
    Portugal: 1/18 (6%)
    Last edited by Yyy; 2019-08-26 at 07:12.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

Below are photos of the teams in the FIBA U20 Women's European Championship 2019. I didn't make morphs of the photos, because the photos are so low-resolution that the facemorpher Python package didn't work with them.

Below are also morphs of the teams in the 2019 UEFA European Women's Under-19 Championship. I excluded non-white members, but I didn't attempt to exclude immigrants from other white countries.

Even the Norwegian morph looks like it has black eyes, but I think it's because the photos were taken at fairly low light. The persons in the original photos of the Norwegian team have fairly large pupils, which additionally makes their eyes look darker.

The English morph has a more round face than the Dutch morph, which is the opposite of the morphs of the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.

I also made morphs of the 4 players of each team who I considered to look the best and the worst. I excluded non-whites. The worse-looking morphs have a narrower head, more prominent eyelids, eyes that are less slanted inwards, and a narrower nose.

On the last two rows of the image above, you can clearly see that the worst-looking players have a narrower nose than the best-looking players. Also their forehead is smaller and more receding, so their hairline also looks more curved rather than rectangular, and they have an egg-like shape of the head.

These were the players who I chose as the 4 best-looking:

These were the players who I chose as the 4 worst-looking:

Last edited by Yyy; 2019-08-28 at 01:10.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

A total of 8 teams qualified to the 2019 UEFA European Women's Under-19 Championship, and I estimated the teams to have a total of 141 white players. Below are morphs of the 141 white players who I selected as matching certain facial characteristics.

In my opinion, among the best predictors of overall facial attractiveness are: 1) non-prominence of eyelids, 2) inward-slantedness of the eyes, and 3) height of cheekbones.

Two attributes which I haven't paid much attention to before are the width of the chin (where by chin I mean the mental protuberance and not the entire mandible) and the oiliness of the skin. Judging from the morphs I made, both would appear to have a fairly high positive correlation coefficient with overall facial attractiveness.

Generally the morphs on the left side (positive characteristics) look more Northern European, and the morphs on the right side (negative characteristics) look more Southern European.

Edit: I also made similar morphs for the white players in FIFA Women's World Cup 2019. Each morph below consists of between 9 and 45 photos, which I selected out of a total of 265 photos.

In the image above, the morphs on the left side (which depict qualities that I consider positive) look more like the average morph of non-anglophone Germanic-speaking countries, and the morphs on the right side (which depict qualities that I consider negative) look more like the average morphs of anglophone and Romance-speaking countries:

Last edited by Yyy; 2019-08-28 at 06:53.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

I also did morphs of female FIFA players who looked like fairly unmixed blacks (n=92):

Below are also morphs of black and Asian players who I chose as matching certain characteristics.

Among Asians, the morphs with an elongated head and a narrow chin don't look look as ugly as among whites or blacks. Among whites, the morph with a wide nose clearly looks better than the morph with a narrow nose, but among Asians the difference is not so large, and among blacks it perhaps even looks worse.

Out of the 4 Asian teams, the number of players who I selected as having "lively eyes" was by far the highest in Japan's team (17/23), followed by China and Thailand (6/23), and then Korea (3/23). In Korea's team, many of the members had the kind of dead eyes that K-pop ladies have.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

------------
    Last edited by Rugevit; 2019-08-29 at 01:15.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:55
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Below is an old picture of football team Dynamo Brest. For those who don't know Brest city is in the corner of south-western Belarus, near north-western Ukraine & eastern Poland. As per Soviet anthropologists, they are the darkest and hairiest group of Belarusian people. I chose an older picture as there were fewer immigrants in those days. Some say there region is the original homeland of Slavic people. It's known as Pripiat' Marshlands in western literature. We don't use the term to describe the region.

They look quite Slavic to us.

@Yyy

You maybe interested. People in that part of our region speak a transitional dialect between Belarusian and Ukrainian. For a millennium the region was ours. In early 90s our Poleshuks (south-western Belarusians) wanted independence to establish a separate state in south-western Belarus, north-western Ukraine, eastern Poland. The movement was strongest in south-western Belarus. Former Soviet republics were politically volatile in early years after USSR collapsed. Belarusians stated to Poleshuks: you are us. That was that. Lukashenko said once, he went to conservative villages of the villages to talk to people, showing he can use an old farm scythe too.

Last edited by Rugevit; 2019-08-29 at 02:04.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast