Last Online
    Today @ 12:12
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by Deuter View Post
    Because northern Belarusians are Balts in denial
    Тhe relations between Slavs, particularly eastern Slavs and Poles with the Balts are ancient.
    Perhaps, we came from the same people - the Balto-Slavic community.

During Soviet times there was a comprehensive research on Balto-Slavic studies. Russians, Belarusians, Lithuanians contributed the most. Poles and Latvians contributed too.

All articles are hosted at the site of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
    https://inslav.ru/balto-slavyanskie-issledovaniya

The research stopped in the 90s due political reasons. And also because of lack of financial support. Nowadays, young people are more interested about other ethnicities, than the cultures of their immediate cousins.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugevit For This Useful Post:

Deuter (2019-09-12), Yyy (2019-09-11)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    -
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:43

Here's images of a single eye of each player in different hockey tournaments. This time I didn't exclude non-whites. A few players were missing a photo, and OpenCV didn't detect the eyes of a few more players. Almost all images are of the left eye, but a few are of the right eye, because OpenCV detected the right eye but not the left eye.

In the past, I have wanted to see Latvians as possibly the most white ethnicity of Europe because of their admixture profile. However in the photos of the two Latvian hockey teams above, the prevalence of light-colored eyes was only 15/23≈65% and 15/21≈71%. However in the most recent census data quoted by Wikipedia, only about 60% of the population of Latvia was listed as ethnic Latvians, and I don't know which of the players of Latvia's teams are ethnic Latvians.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Only Finns, Balts, Scandinavians, certain Russians can compare to us.

These are genetic physical anthropologic and genetic comparisons.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

The morphs below are of the players in the IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship 2019. I excluded the Japanese team. I selected players who matched various characteristics based on the cropped photo of one of their eyes.

How small the visible area of the upper eyelid is is a reliable predictor of overall attractiveness, and it is also easy to estimate more or less objectively.

Surprisingly the morph of the players with a round eye opening ended up looking less ugly than the morph of the players with a narrow eye opening. However most of the players with a narrow eye opening didn't have an Asian-like shape of the eyes, because they had prominent eyelids, or because their eyes were not particularly slanted inwards.

The morph with a short distance from the eyebrow to the eye clearly looks more attractive than the morph with a long distance from the eyebrow to the eye. However compared to whites, the Japanese also had on average a much higher distance between the eyebrows and the eyes.

Some of the ugliest players had almost no eyelashes, including many of the players who had a large visible area of the upper eyelid.

The image below contains the 3 players who I estimated to have an inner epicanthic fold. The first two were among the 4 players who I earlier rated as the most attractive players in the entire tournament.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

Here's cropped headshots of all players in the Russian KHL women's hockey league in the season 2018/2019, except for one player who was missing a photo. As I said before, I'm mostly posting photos of females, because I don't want to look at photos of dudes.

I made morphs of the players who I selected as the most attractive and the most ugly. I excluded players whose age was listed as 30 or higher.

Compared to the morph of the 32 most attractive players, the morph of the 32 ugliest players has:

- a narrower head that looks more elliptical or egg-shaped;
    - eyes that further apart and positioned lower;
    - eyes and eyebrows that are less slanted inwards;
    - a longer distance between the eyebrows and the eyes;
    - larger visible area of the upper eyelids;
    - darker skin of the eyelids;
    - a narrower nose;
    - a narrower root of the nose;
    - tips of the cheeks that are positioned lower;
    - thinner lips;
    - smaller teeth;
    - teeth that are placed further back in the skull;
    - a narrower chin (mental projection) and lower bigonial width;
    - skin that is more yellowish and dark.

Established Member
    -
    Last Online

I made more morphs of players in the Russian women's hockey league, but this time I also included players from previous seasons since the season 2015/2016.

You can download the original images by running a command like this:

for i in {1..266};do curl "https://whl.khl.ru/min.php?exact&topcut&w=320&h=320&file=/photo/player/player_$i.jpg" -so $i.jpg;done

I excluded players who I estimated to not be white, whose current age was 30 or higher, whose photo was low-quality, or whose photo was stretched.

Again, the inward-slantedness of the eyes is one of the best predictors of overall attractiveness. It might be possible to estimate facial attractiveness by using a computer vision procedure that simply measures the difference in the height of the inner and outer corners of the eyes.

As in the previous morphs in this thread, the width of the nose is surprisingly not a very good predictor of overall attractiveness.

Last edited by Yyy; 2019-09-12 at 02:51.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Yyy For This Useful Post:

Deuter (2019-09-12)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5