User Tag List

Thread: Anglican Church of Canada renounces prayer for the conversion of the Jews9 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Wish there was one
    Religion
    Christian
    Finland Sweden

Default Anglican Church of Canada renounces prayer for the conversion of the Jews

At the Church’s General Synod, held in Vancouver, British Columbia last month, the Anglican body approved a measure meant to change the prayer in question.

Presently, the Anglican Church of Canada’s Book of Common Prayer has an entry titled “For the Conversion of the Jews,” which asks God to “open their hearts that they may see and confess the Lord Jesus to be thy Son and their true Messiah, and, believing, they may have life through his Name.”

“Take away all pride and prejudice in us that may hinder their understanding of the Gospel, and hasten the time when all Israel shall be saved; through the merits of the same Jesus Christ our Lord,” concluded the prayer.

The General Synod approved a replacement prayer, titled “For Reconciliation with the Jews,” which among other things asks God for forgiveness for “violence and wickedness against our brother Jacob.”
    https://www.christianpost.com/amp/an...l-liturgy.html

So which brother is of the Christians? You're not saying, Esau?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:20
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    methodist
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

Stephen Robert Sizer (born 27 July 1953)[1] is the former vicar of the Anglican parish of Christ Church, Virginia Water, in Surrey, England. Sizer is known for his opposition to Christian Zionism, which is the basis of his 2004 PhD thesis[2] and the focus of his published works.[3][4]

In October 2012, the Board of Deputies of British Jews lodged a complaint against Sizer with the Church of England under the Clergy Discipline Measure alleging that he had made anti-Semitic statements and published links to anti-Semitic web sites.[5] Although he did not admit culpability, at a conciliation meeting in October 2013 Sizer agreed to have his online web usage monitored.[6]

In 2015, the Board of Deputies made another complaint against Sizer, this time for posting a link accusing Jews and Israel of responsibility for the 9/11 attacks in the United States.[7] He was censured by the Bishop of Guildford, who imposed a complete ban on Sizer's use of all social media for at least six months.[8]

Stephen Sizer is a Conservative Evangelical and has aligned with a number of related organisations.[9][10] He is a member of Reform (Anglican) and the Church Society. He has endorsed the Jerusalem Declaration issued by the Global Anglican Future Conference and has joined the resulting Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans. He supports the Third Province Movement.

In 2004, Sizer adapted his PhD thesis into a book, Christian Zionism - Road Map to Armageddon?[12] He claims that Christian Zionism has led millions of Christians astray and helped to tip the world on its side heavy with military artillery.[13]

Sizer says that Christian Zionism has no biblical foundation or historical precedent.[14] He writes that his motivation lies in the conviction that ignoring or stereotyping Palestinian Christians is a contradiction of faith and immoral before God.[15] He suggests that "it is irresponsible to believe that God will bless Christians materially if they support the largely secular State of Israel."[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Sizer
    Eurogenes K15 on steroids via DIYdodecad and more samples etc... via Admixture Studio v1.4 :

Using 1 populations approximation
    1 100% Southwest_English @ 4.152

Mix-mode :
    1 75.59% Orcadian + 24.41% East_German @ 2.375 ; Orcadian is NorthEast Scottish e.g. Celtic + Viking

Using 4 populations approximation
    1 25% East_German + 25% Hinxton3 (ancient England) + 25% Orcadian + 25% Southwest_English @ 2.246

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Wish there was one
    Religion
    Christian
    Finland Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by DracoSentien View Post
    Stephen Robert Sizer (born 27 July 1953)[1] is the former vicar of the Anglican parish of Christ Church, Virginia Water, in Surrey, England. Sizer is known for his opposition to Christian Zionism, which is the basis of his 2004 PhD thesis[2] and the focus of his published works.[3][4]

In October 2012, the Board of Deputies of British Jews lodged a complaint against Sizer with the Church of England under the Clergy Discipline Measure alleging that he had made anti-Semitic statements and published links to anti-Semitic web sites.[5] Although he did not admit culpability, at a conciliation meeting in October 2013 Sizer agreed to have his online web usage monitored.[6]

In 2015, the Board of Deputies made another complaint against Sizer, this time for posting a link accusing Jews and Israel of responsibility for the 9/11 attacks in the United States.[7] He was censured by the Bishop of Guildford, who imposed a complete ban on Sizer's use of all social media for at least six months.[8]

Stephen Sizer is a Conservative Evangelical and has aligned with a number of related organisations.[9][10] He is a member of Reform (Anglican) and the Church Society. He has endorsed the Jerusalem Declaration issued by the Global Anglican Future Conference and has joined the resulting Fellowship of Confessing Anglicans. He supports the Third Province Movement.

In 2004, Sizer adapted his PhD thesis into a book, Christian Zionism - Road Map to Armageddon?[12] He claims that Christian Zionism has led millions of Christians astray and helped to tip the world on its side heavy with military artillery.[13]

Sizer says that Christian Zionism has no biblical foundation or historical precedent.[14] He writes that his motivation lies in the conviction that ignoring or stereotyping Palestinian Christians is a contradiction of faith and immoral before God.[15] He suggests that "it is irresponsible to believe that God will bless Christians materially if they support the largely secular State of Israel."[16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Sizer
    Surely not a very good day for him. I would have expected that so called Christian Zionism had less popularity on the other side in the England than among US Evangelicals. It was surprising that the ideology seemed to have such impact in Canada, though. Of course maybe I am being simple-minded and the reason for this change of prayer might be due to something completely else, like political correctness.

The impression I had was that the Anglican church in Canada would be similar to say the Church of Sweden, very left-leaning on all terms. They have been criticized by Jewish groups for being too anti-Israel and pro-Palestine.

She could have been Antje Jackelén, head of the Church of Sweden.
    Last edited by Viking; 2019-08-12 at 21:14.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.