Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist
    United States United Kingdom Scotland Canada Weed Flag New Zealand Australia

In truth, the “chemical imbalance” notion was always a kind of urban legend- - never a theory seriously propounded by well-informed psychiatrists.
    --Ronald W. Pies, MD

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/blo...ical-imbalance

In 2010 Carlat :

I say that ["chemical imbalances in the brain"] not because I really believe it, because I know the evidence is not really there for us to understand the mechanism. I think I say that because patients want to know something, and they want to know we physicians have some basic understanding of what we're doing when we're prescribing medications. And they certainly don't want to hear that a psychiatrist essentially has no idea how these medications work.

^^ Yeah, that is super duper scientific. NOT ! The god damn moronic sheeple of the world believe mental illnesses are chemical imbalances, which is bullshit psychiatry has promoted, meanwhile the real reason for all this psychiatric labelling jargon is to perform the role for neo-liberal capitalism the same role the church played for the feudal system.

Hello, my name is ApostateAbe. I am retarded enough to be an atheist, when it comes to religion, but not psychiatry even though they essentially play the same role but at two different chronotopic time frames

Christianity = Played the role for the ruling classes during the feudal era

Psychiatry = Plays the role for the neoliberal Capitalist class during the modern era

^see Abe ? That is how dumb you are. You are an atheist towards religion but not psychiatry but it is the same shit but different asshole !
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-10 at 08:35.
    Eurogenes K15 on steroids via DIYdodecad and more samples etc... via Admixture Studio v1.4 :

Using 1 populations approximation
    1 100% Southwest_English @ 4.152

Mix-mode :
    1 75.59% Orcadian + 24.41% East_German @ 2.375 ; Orcadian is NorthEast Scottish e.g. Celtic + Viking

Using 4 populations approximation
    1 25% East_German + 25% Hinxton3 (ancient England) + 25% Orcadian + 25% Southwest_English @ 2.246

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist DracoSentien's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:58
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

ApostateAbe says : "I reckon on the account I am an American anti-intellectual I am not obliged to read those books. I am just going to chime in with my ignorant ass anyway I don't need the book learnin' you fancy New York city folks have. I reckon I will just drink some moonshine and smoke a corn cob pipe and everything will come to me through osmosis ! Books, awe shucks, I gots me propaganda on youtube, bitchute, T.V., newspapers, websites who be needing that book learnin' ? All state propaganda is telling me that 'mental illness' is a thang so no need for critical thinking here !"
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-10 at 09:14.
    Eurogenes K15 on steroids via DIYdodecad and more samples etc... via Admixture Studio v1.4 :

Mix-mode :
    1 75.59% Orcadian + 24.41% East_German @ 2.375 ; Orcadian is NorthEast Scottish e.g. Celtic + Viking

1 25% East_German + 25% Hinxton3 (ancient England) + 25% Orcadian + 25% Southwest_English @ 2.246

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Wish there was one
    Religion
    Christian
    Finland Sweden

My personal thoughts being that the thing is psychiatric disorders are largely reflected by the surrounding culture at the time. Homosexuality was once a mental disorder, but now it is not. One might wonder where all of these in modern times completely unemployable autistics were in the 1980s when the unemployment here in Sweden used to be virtually non-existant. Many, if not most, people a hundred years ago didn't finish school, and that is now called ADHD.

That being said, some people are accurately diagnosed and sometimes in need of help, like schizophrenics and I have seen genuinely autistic people up close for instance. It is a rare disorder that in my opinion comes with a bit more than just shyness or being an "incel". A few hundred years ago, I am certain that they would have been thought to be possessed and possibly in need of exorcisms.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

Wiki Editor
    Established Member
    Molecular Biologist ApostateAbe's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:10
    T
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Race
    Europoid
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Politics
    Libertarianish
    Religion
    no religion
    United States

If you have personal conflicts with psychiatrists, i don't recommend that you expand your enemy to the whole practice of psychiatry. Your quotes seem limited in relevance and not likely to persuade those who matter (obviously, i don't matter). You may need to accept the standard texts of psychiatry for your defense. Perhaps you were inaccurately diagnosed, or perhaps the diagnosis does not warrant the coercive treatment you received.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by ApostateAbe View Post
    If you have personal conflicts with psychiatrists, i don't recommend that you expand your enemy to the whole practice of psychiatry. Your quotes seem limited in relevance and not likely to persuade those who matter (obviously, i don't matter). You may need to accept the standard texts of psychiatry for your defense. Perhaps you were inaccurately diagnosed, or perhaps the diagnosis does not warrant the coercive treatment you received.
    To summarize the point of the book "Psychiatric Hegemony : A Marxist Analysis of Mental Illness" :

The capitalist class seeks to avoid responsibility for the many problems it causes, so it frames pain and suffering as somehow natural and inevitable. Psychiatry supports capitalism by ‘diagnosing’ socially-created problems as individual cognitive or biological defects, providing pseudoscientific ‘evidence’ for blaming the victims of the system. To use Erving Goffman’s metaphor, if capitalism is a con game, then the role of psychiatry is to ‘cool the losers’ of the system so they don’t squawk, expose the con, and take their revenge

That is a Marxist analysis of mental illness. I am not a Marxist as I don't think the technical economics of it can work but Marxism still provides the best criticism of Capitalism there is and one can gain useful insight using it without being an actual Marxist. Now don't get me wrong I am not against Capitalism but the current neoliberal form of Capitalism and I think that involuntary forced psychiatry should be illegal. Psychiatry should only be between two consenting adults like between a rube and astrologer. Psychiatry is obviously a bullshit pseudo-science and doctors take a hippocratic oath to do no harm but anti-psychotics shrink the brain and have nasty side effects and other psych medications have nasty side effects too
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-12 at 17:35.

Mix-mode :

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

Here is a good quote from from a reader of an article about one of the books I referenced :

As someone who actually graduate degreed in math and physics, and has had the misfortune of working in the life sciences, I know for a fact that most of what passes itself off as science is simply profit motivated statistical manipulation.

Science has been almost completely compromised, if it ever had any honor at all. The medical and life sciences are the very worst offenders.
    I am not the only one who thinks this. In 2009 the editor of NEJM quit in disgust saying that none of the studies coming out could be trusted.

According to Colin Campbell it is possible to prevent most of the cancers. Health care is 17% of US GDP,.IF a cure for cancer were found, it would literally collapse the economy.

Add to that the deliberately constructed (to give a certain result) mathematical models used on the global warming screed and I think we can see where this is going.
    (BTW DC area 1971 it was 105 degrees in the shade in summer..)

The fact that we live in the most controlled artificially manipulated environment in the history of the world doesn't figure into mental health does it? The actual FACT that the system is economically rigged against the interests of the citizenry..that does not come into question in studies on mental health, nor do the UNNNATURAL foods we eat.

Science has become a religion and a political tool, anyone who believes in it has not examined the evidence.

Science has prostituted itself out and is no longer trustworthy.

Are you sure psychology even wants to be associated with science?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...e-science-lies

Psychiatry is obviously pseudo-scientific in the traditional form of the word. Other sciences are pseudo-scientific too and use statistical p-value manipulation to pass themselves off as 'scientific' but it is easy to lie with statistics. There are three kinds of lies : lies, damn lies and statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Mental illness only exists in the same sense that spring fever exists so if you think mental illness is a real scientific medical disease you are obviously an idiot.
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-12 at 15:55.

Mix-mode :

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

My quotes seem limited in relevance ? You have no clue what you are talking about. I quoted Doctor Allen Frances saying mental disorders are bullshit because you can't define them. He chaired the DSM-5 so that is the equivalent of the Hindenburg exploding for psychiatry. The emperor has no clothes on.

Mix-mode :

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post

My personal thoughts being that the thing is psychiatric disorders are largely reflected by the surrounding culture at the time. Homosexuality was once a mental disorder, but now it is not. One might wonder where all of these in modern times completely unemployable autistics were in the 1980s when the unemployment here in Sweden used to be virtually non-existant. Many, if not most, people a hundred years ago didn't finish school, and that is now called ADHD.
    That psychiatric disorders are asymptotic or contingent to the culture of the time then that is chronotopic and that proves that psychiatry is a pseudoscience since only history is chronotopic. Chronotopic means something occurs in a specific time and place while real science and also philosophy deal with general truths that can happen at any time and place. The mind is a metaphysical philosophical concept that is not chronotopic hence mental illness cannot exist in reality as it can only exist as a rhetorical metaphor like spring fever.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    That being said, some people are accurately diagnosed and sometimes in need of help, like schizophrenics and I have seen genuinely autistic people up close for instance. It is a rare disorder that in my opinion comes with a bit more than just shyness or being an "incel". A few hundred years ago, I am certain that they would have been thought to be possessed and possibly in need of exorcisms.
    Autism is real but shizophrenia is not. That being said the Aspergers form of autism is not real either. There is like a few real neurological things in the DSM to try to disguise the fact that it is bullshit. They are misclassified and should be in medical books on neurological diseases. If mental illness were real they would just be brain diseases in standard neurological medical texbooks but they are not and psychiatry has it's own bullshit nosology.
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-12 at 17:50.

Mix-mode :

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Wish there was one
    Religion
    Christian
    Finland Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by DracoSentien View Post
    That psychiatric disorders are asymptotic or contingent to the culture of the time then that is chronotopic and that proves that psychiatry is a pseudoscience since only history is chronotopic. Chronotopic means something occurs in a specific time and place while real science and also philosophy deal with general truths that can happen at any time and place. The mind is a metaphysical philosophical concept that is not chronotopic hence mental illness cannot exist in reality as it can only exist as a rhetorical metaphor like spring fever.

Autism is real but shizophrenia is not. That being said the Aspergers form of autism is not real either. There is like a few real neurological things in the DSM to try to disguise the fact that it is bullshit. They are misclassified and should be in medical books on neurological diseases. If mental illness were real they would just be brain diseases in standard neurological medical texbooks but they are not and psychiatry has it's own bullshit nosology.
    The autistic people who I knew were diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome as far as I know. It doesn't exist as a name anymore in most books, though, but is now called high-functioning autism.

I believe many people, including psychologists, have a too liberal idea of what it means to have Asperger's (autistic people can "normally" barely get their shoes on), and it is thrown around everywhere on online forums etc. Some associate social cowardness, like refraining from drinking alcohol and being insecure around women, with social awkwardness. The autistic people I knew often had no trouble with the ladies, even though they didn't bang the hottest chicks always, and could drink heavily and/or have a background with using drugs. Their ability to socialize was quite impaired, however, making them very awkward for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

Established Member
    Last Online
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z253 >Z6749.1
    mtDNA
    Queen Victoria's H
    Race
    Caucasian
    Metaethnos
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Phenotype
    Atlantid
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    pantheist

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The autistic people who I knew were diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome as far as I know. It doesn't exist as a name anymore in most books, though, but is now called high-functioning autism.

I believe many people, including psychologists, have a too liberal idea of what it means to have Asperger's (autistic people can "normally" barely get their shoes on), and it is thrown around everywhere on online forums etc. Some associate social cowardness, like refraining from drinking alcohol and being insecure around women, with social awkwardness. The autistic people I knew often had no trouble with the ladies, even though they didn't bang the hottest chicks always, and could drink heavily and/or have a background with using drugs. Their ability to socialize was quite impaired, however, making them very awkward for most people.
    I think it is just too hard for you to comprehend what I am trying to say fully. I do not have a college degree in physics but I studied it somewhat before moving into technology and it is no coincidence one of the greatest psychiatrists to criticize psychiatry, Thomas Szasz, studied physics too. Without a physics background I think it is hard for people to understand what real science is. Psychiatry is a pseudoscience and I once told a social worker that psychiatry is a pseudoscience and he said to me "it is more of an art". Obviously, artists should not be prescribing medications. Psychiatrists are quacks in bed with big pharma.

Anyway, that they were awkward makes them Geeks or nerds probably and not aspergers. For instance , tech geeks in Silicon valley are called aspergers now when they are really just geeks and nerds. Behaviours can't be diseases.
    Last edited by DracoSentien; 2019-09-12 at 20:56.

Mix-mode :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast