Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    Looks like the Beta session has ended, finalizing results.

Anyone's final results change?

Mine didn't, it's the same as the beta numbers.
    Same here, unassigned is dissapointgly high, we need to complain in their release thread.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-10-17 @ 16:36
    E1b1b1a2*, R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA
    L3b1a,L4b2,L3e1a2,U6a3
    Metaethnos
    Carribean
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Phenotype
    SudaBantu/Amerind/Med
    Dominican Republic African Union(OAS)

Updates: Basically, the senegambian is the most affected, my total african scores went down 0.5 - 2.5%, they are using more senegambian admixed north-african now,.

Mine:

Paternal Grandma:

Paternal Grand Uncle: Full sibling of my grandma above

Paternal Grandpa:

Maternal Grandma:

Maternal Grandpa: Unassigned: 7.8%

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

In a case someone from Finland visit here a few words about this new feature and "improvement", how stupid they can be! They never even try to understand Finnish history, they would only need to ask from any Finnish historian and they could improve drastically what they are doing. Is 23andme too arrogant to do it? If I have to believe what they tell me they use only two Finnish references, both simply wrong, Uusimaa and Swedish speaking Ostrobothnia. Seems like they have gotten stuck with East Finnish thing and try to resolve it by their own. For comparison they have 21 references from Sweden and 18 from Norvay, the latter obviously including "Lapland". I would not be annoyed if I could see even once an effort to do things right, I have been their customer over 10 years and they still push arrogantly this shit and if you try to send them factual sources from Finnish researchers, they answer by copy-paste texts.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Europoid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Coastal Finnish
    Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Anti-Oligarchy
    Religion
    John 1:14
    Finland Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    In a case someone from Finland visit here a few words about this new feature and "improvement", how stupid they can be! They never even try to understand Finnish history, they would only need to ask from any Finnish historian and they could improve drastically what they are doing. Is 23andme too arrogant to do it? If I have to believe what they tell me they use only two Finnish references, both simply wrong, Uusimaa and Swedish speaking Ostrobothnia. Seems like they have gotten stuck with East Finnish thing and try to resolve it by their own. For comparison they have 21 references from Sweden and 18 from Norvay, the latter obviously including "Lapland". I would not be annoyed if I could see even once an effort to do things right, I have been their customer over 10 years and they still push arrogantly this shit and if you try to send them factual sources from Finnish researchers, they answer by copy-paste texts.
    Are you saying that Uusimaa (Finnish-speakers native to Nyland) are Eastern Finns? That sounds like something PeterThaGreat would have said too.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    mtDNA
    L0a2a1a
    Race
    Triracial
    Phenotype
    Indid
    Metaethnos
    Caribbean Hispanic
    Ethnicity
    Dominican
    Politics
    Royalism
    Religion
    Catholicism
    GEDmatch
    HB6236866
    Dominican Republic Santiago de los Caballeros Spain traditional Spain African Union(OAS)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemba View Post
    Updates: Basically, the senegambian is the most affected, my total african scores went down 0.5 - 2.5%, they are using more senegambian admixed north-african now,.
    In my case it was the opposite, Senegambian increased its lead (albeit by 0.2 points) while my Ghanaian lost ground to Nigerian, but my general African score suffered by having 0.6 points substracted.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Are you saying that Uusimaa (Finnish-speakers native to Nyland) are Eastern Finns? That sounds like something PeterThaGreat would have said too.
    Not in my opinion, but I have not even sligthest idea what 23andme has found. They make selections following their ideas and 23andme doesn't reveal how they do it. But whatever it is, it is not right, because Uusimaa was until the historic time a sparse populated area and can't be considered as a root population area. A good starting point should be to use archaeological and linguistical results in defining root populations. 23andme misses every scientific point of view.
    Last edited by Lemminkäinen; 2019-10-02 at 13:31.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemminkäinen For This Useful Post:

Viking (2019-10-02)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:11

Quote Originally Posted by a_garcia49 View Post
    This is also my theory for the Thai/Khmer/etc 0.1% I just got, another bleed over from ancient Amerindian similarity.
    I think you're on the right track here. One of my grandson's relatives had his Native American score downgraded (from 87% to 80%). Suddenly he's being told that he's part Central Asian/Pakistani/North Indian. I'm not sure how a Shoshone with minor Mexican ancestry could have picked that up.

When I first tested, I came out 100% European. I later learned my mother and sister had small amounts of Native American ancestry. I wasn't surprised that in the next results refinement, I became 99.9% European with the last tiny bit unassigned. I assumed maybe it was a tiny bit of the same Native American my mother and sister had. But with the last upgrade, I lost it all! I'm back to being 100% European. I did have several nosebleeds last year. I don't know how I'm going to tell my Black and Native American relatives I lost my "one drop."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebersdorf For This Useful Post:

a_garcia49 (2019-10-03)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6