South Norse
    Phenotype
    Kostenkioid
    Politics
    Relativism
    Religion
    None
    Denmark Viking Finland Spain Castile

I would imagine some enzyme in the mix would do the trick.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Quisqueyano Valiente
    Last Online
    @
    LatinoAmericano
    Religion
    Dios,Patria y Libertad
    Dominican Republic United States Hispanidad Puerto Rico Cuba

I think one of the posters here should volunteer and self-experiment by consuming soy nuts, 1 quart of soy milk a day, tofu, etc. and report back

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Phenotype
    Winner
    Politics
    Libertarian
    Religion
    Wealth & Family
    Spain traditional France fleur de lis United States United States Flanders lion Santiago de los Caballeros

Quote Originally Posted by CAONABO View Post
    I think one of the posters here should volunteer and self-experiment by consuming soy nuts, 1 quart of soy milk a day, tofu, etc. and report back
    This was me up until last year. I put on weight like I wanted but it wasn't all muscle, felt bogged down all the time like when I consumed dairy, and generally had terrible bowel movements (TMI!).

I don't think it made me feminized though, all the weight lifting made me somewhat aggressive.
    I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EiCibaeño For This Useful Post:

CAONABO (2010-06-02)

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-04-06 @ 23:14
    Nigger
    Religion
    Si se puede!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    in my knowledge (this is from my weightlifting buddies), the best kind of protein to take after working out is whey. protein from egg whites are also excellent.
    Whey protein is a good alternative, but nothing beats lean meat and eggs!
    Also, whey is a milk product so those who are lactose intolerant or lactase deficient may experience some unwanted effects after consuming it. I've known many who say it gives em gas or 'bubbleguts'

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-02 @ 02:30
    Metaethnos
    Jianghuai
    United States Canada China Australia

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    Also, whey is a milk product so those who are lactose intolerant or lactase deficient may experience some unwanted effects after consuming it. I've known many who say it gives em gas or 'bubbleguts'

I think casein is the protein in milk that causes the most problems for people, since it is a major allergen.

Not sure about the connection between whey and lactose intolerance, though. whey is a protein, which digested by peptidases in the body, while lactose is a sugar that is digested by lactases. Lactose intolerance is caused by a deficiency in lactase.

lactose intolerant people can get purified whey protein, which is free of lactose, and is available in powder form at many supermarkets. my personal favorite is the optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein.

Banned
    Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2011-04-06 @ 23:14
    Nigger
    Religion
    Si se puede!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    I think casein is the protein in milk that causes the most problems for people, since it is a major allergen.

Not sure about the connection between whey and lactose intolerance, though. whey is a protein, which digested by peptidases in the body, while lactose is a sugar that is digested by lactases. Lactose intolerance is caused by a deficiency in lactase.

lactose intolerant people can get purified whey protein, which is free of lactose, and is available in powder form at many supermarkets. my personal favorite is the optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein.
    Yeah that's it. The casein... I was thinking it was the lactose. Though I think some of the brands add milk into theirs for taste (at least they used to). I drink Optimum as well, but I can only do the Double Chocolate flavor (I mix mine with milk+water so it tastes like chocolate milk). I bought the Fruit Punch flavor before.... it's still sittin in my pantry (nastiest fruit punch I ever tasted, lol). I was looking at my Optimum jar and it says they actually add lactate to help with the digestion.

Regarding lactose intolerance, I was told that most people are just lactate deficient; they just don't produce enough lactate. Lactose intolerance = lactose allergy = body rejects it completely like any allergen. Explains why people's reactions differ.

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Neanderthal
    Phenotype
    Archaic
    Politics
    Cros before hoes
    Religion
    Feet first into hell

Whey has a disadvantage in that it is a very fast protein (which on the other hand makes it a perfect muscle building protein), which makes that you can't intake it in any large amounts at one time. If you do only a little part of it is picked up, the rest is literary crapped out. Other proteins (meat, fish, egg, kasein etc) has the advantage that what isn't picked up by the muscles oxidize and is kept in your body which is perfect for recovery. Many bodybuilders/weightlifters/players eat large amount of kasein as last meal before bed (with cottage cheese being the most popular), because it decreases the loss of muscles in your body during sleep.

Last Online
    2012-02-25 @ 03:32
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1d1*
    mtDNA
    W
    Metaethnos
    European
    Ethnicity
    Australian
    Phenotype
    Atlantid?
    Australia

I have drunken soy milk for 20+ years. At least a glass a day. Generally more, around a litre (2 pints?).

I havent got a low sex drive, no shrunken nuts, no nail painting tendencies, no baby face ect.

Started working out properly recently and put on 25lbs since december. Pretty much no fat. Dont really see how not taking soy would have made things much better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoket For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2010-06-04)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Neanderthal
    Phenotype
    Archaic
    Politics
    Cros before hoes
    Religion
    Feet first into hell

Quote Originally Posted by Scoket View Post
    I havent got a low sex drive, no shrunken nuts, no nail painting tendencies, no baby face ect.
    Lowered testosterone levels does not shrinks your nuts nor lower your sex drive.

Dont really see how not taking soy would have made things much better.
    Don't think for a second that the majority of the 25 lbs you gain is muscle mass, it is mostly lean mass and fat. However, with better protein you would have gain a larger percentage of muscle of that 25 lbs, if you have that as your goal and keep your diet + training. Do you think you become a better football player in division 4 league or in Serie A if you get as much playing time in both leagues?

Also what I have written is a protein intake with soy as a main base, one litre gives about 30-40 grams of protein, and is not a main base unless your weight is very low.
    Last edited by Azvarohi; 2010-06-04 at 12:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3