Phenotype
    Osteuropid/Tydal
    Politics
    Anti-Oligarchy
    Religion
    John 1:14
    Finland Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    All this sounds too vague to be considered as a scientific information. Why so many I1 results are mentioned only M253? I simply can't consider this information being unbiased, if they mention in this context Swedish origin, even less if they base this on Tacticus and Sitones. I can't accept this.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't value much these classifications, I was talking about genetic studies. Sorry.
    I only mentioned that this historian said so when you brought up Finland-Swedish historians. I didn't say that I agreed with it. These Y-DNA markers have nothing to do with him.

I mentioned myself that this was an amateur gathering, so I didn't say that it should be taken as scientific. There is no bias involved. All of them who had Swedish names and lived in historical and now Finland-Swedish regions were put on the list, regardless of their haplogroup. It's not like N1c's or any other branch were excluded or something, lol. True that many of the I1 clades are unspecified, which is a bit problematic. Needless to say, it indicates that Finland-Swedish Y-DNA overall is more like neighbouring Finnish than Swedish. In South Finland, it's almost similar to Estonian with tied N1c and R clades, albeit with more Western European R1b instead of R1a.

This is also consistent with autosomal results, as I have never yet seen a Finland-Swede who came out with no Finnic affinities and clustering like a real Scandinavian on GEDMATCH etc. But there might be differences depending on where they have their deep roots. Biggest chance is if you're an inbred from Korsholm, I would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Finn with experience of anthropology forums
    Is that true? I have similar dreams, though about eugenics... I see images and craniums in front of me in the dreams. Words like sterilization, Germanics and others fly around as fragments in my head... scary stuff that I often dream about.

Then I go up, and look at myself in profile and from the front and in all angles, in all my mirrors that I have mounted up everywhere, and realise my Mongolian heritage and how the Swedes view me. Sometimes I cannot see the difference between myself and a Mongol, if the environment is cloudy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Viking For This Useful Post:

Lemminkäinen (2019-10-18)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

Viking, Ostrobothnian Swedis speaking population has hundreds years long history with Swedes and Finns, so they have to have also genes from both sides. Likely they have much less N1c1 than Finns averagely. These thoughts about their prehistory are however only individualistic thinking. I can admit that Lappalainen could have been wrong in her haplogroup statistics and I at the same time regret that scientist have so little interest in new research. We definitely need up to date information. Lack of new research has given more opportunity to those who have more desires than responsibility.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemminkäinen For This Useful Post:

Viking (2019-10-18)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 23:33
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Lithuania Grand Duchy

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Thirty years war destructed Estonia, the Great Northern War Finland. Russian military plundered in Southern Finland, a bandit gang called Cossacks plundered Northern Finland. After doing this they withdrew.
    I know this.

Off-topic.

During Northern War Belarus was part of the GDL. Peter I burnt my hometown Viciebsk in north-eastern Belarus to the ground for their support of Swedish troops.The influential family having land Viciebsk region the magnate Sapieha wanted the GDL out of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth becoming friendly to the Swedes. The magnates were powerful families and de-facto ruling the state wanted out Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth ever since its formation. So powerful that they had their own castles, treasuries and armies. Earlier in the 17th century, there was an agreement between several magnates of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and the king of the Swedish Empire, Charles X Gustav known as Union of Kėdainiai in 1655. The purpose of the Swedish-Lithuanian union was to end Lithuania's union with Poland, and set up two separate principalities in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. One of these was to be ruled by the Radziwiłł (Radvila) family, while the rest of the duchy was to remain a Swedish protectorate.
    --
    Eastern city of Mahilioŭ - the gate to Europe for Russia at the time - was captured by Swedish troops. Russian troops attacked the city burning and plundering the city. Swedish troops burnt many towns including cities such as Navahrudak - perhaps the first capital of the GDL in the western Belarus. Territories of what is today Belarus were ravaged from north to south by both armies during Great Norther War (1700-1721).

A short paragraphs accounts on what happened during Great Northern war in Belarus . Google translator is used. : https://translate.google.com/transla...00-1721-gg.php
    In spite of this people were not forced to leave their homeland because of their religion en-masses.
    Last edited by Rugevit; 2019-10-21 at 04:26.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rugevit For This Useful Post:

Lemminkäinen (2019-10-21), Yyy (2019-10-21)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    I1-L258
    mtDNA
    H39
    Phenotype
    Appalachid
    Metaethnos
    Finnic-Baltic-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Politics
    Vandalism in Rome
    Finland European Union

The Great Northern War was a brutal war against civilians. While two armies with their allies warred they took anything they needed from local people without any restrictions. They also tortured and killed civilians in a manner now seen in some African civil wars. One incident happened in Northern Finland; Cossaks killed 800 civilians in one day by axes, only a few children were saved to send to Russia as slaves. This incident, as also almost all others, were documented by priests who maintained local census. This history is so cruel that even Finnish historians have been wary to make research, only local people and genealogists have known. In Finland we lived the time of Finlandization and negative stories about Russia were avoided, so also that incident where those 800 were killed was published by historians first time in 2005, 15 years after Soviet Union collapsed.
    Blog: http://terheninenmaa.blogspot.fi/, with essence "Believe me, or I'll nuke you".

H39 - Thracia 1650 BC, Hungary 5000 BC
    I1 - Transdanubia 5000 BC

Three simple facts about Finns:
    1. Baltic Finnic languages (including Finnish) never came from the Volga basin along with ancestors of present-day Finns.
    2. Finnish I1 (around 30% of all Finns) has Germanic roots from the late Bronze Age or the early Iron Age.
    3. As to the Finnish prehistory we have no evidences about any Iron Age (or later) east-to-west migration, but many unquestionable evidences about west-to-east migrations.

Väinämöinen - R1a
    Lemminkäinen - I1
    Joukahainen - N

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemminkäinen For This Useful Post:

Rugevit (2019-10-21), Yyy (2019-10-21)

Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84