Phenotype
    Asian Alpine/Tungid
    Politics
    Center to the Left
    Religion
    Humanism
    Iraq United States Canada Mongolia Iran Timurid dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by ethioboy View Post
    Well Im just surprised. Because Id expect it to be L3 or M1 since they are the highest freq. in ethiopia.. While L2 is highest in west africa.
    Ethiopia might have had West African gene flow. M1 is assumed to have originated in India, then it spread to Arabia, and it went to Ethiopia. Others belive its to have originated in Ethiopia moved into Arabia and moved to India. However most consider it to be a Eurasian marker than African marker since its belived to have arisen in India.

23ndme test is in fact one of the accurate test results. I won't do it to lol so I will discover if i have other ancestory, such as Mongoloid, as many say I have some East Asian admixture, after all the Mongols and Turkics were in Iraq afterall.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Email Inactive Molecular Biologist
    Last Online
    2010-11-22 @ 11:25
    R1a1a*
    mtDNA
    L3h
    Ethnicity
    SouthEuroMidEast
    Phenotype
    Fucked up AlpineMed
    Religion
    Nonbelief
    United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Ethiopia might have had West African gene flow. M1 is assumed to have originated in India, then it spread to Arabia, and it went to Ethiopia. Others belive its to have originated in Ethiopia moved into Arabia and moved to India. However most consider it to be a Eurasian marker than African marker since its belived to have arisen in India.

23ndme test is in fact one of the accurate test results. I won't do it to lol so I will discover if i have other ancestory, such as Mongoloid, as many say I have some East Asian admixture, after all the Mongols and Turkics were in Iraq afterall.
    People on AF thought I had mongol admixture because I have a tiny epicanthus and slanted eyes. But I had one tiny asian and one tiny african segment on 23andme ancestry painting and less than 1percent Asian or african-which is absolutely nothing-probably even statistical noise.

Actually none of my grandparents or parents had any "Asiatic" features-so I have no idea where I got my epicanthus/slanted eyes from-it's not genetic at least.

QBQ Banned
    Last Online
    2011-10-21 @ 19:24
    R1B
    mtDNA
    pre-HV1
    Race
    Biracial
    Metaethnos
    Siberian/Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Canadian
    Phenotype
    Asian Alpine/Tungid
    Politics
    Center to the Left
    Religion
    Humanism
    Iraq United States Canada Mongolia Iran Timurid dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Froll View Post
    People on AF thought I had mongol admixture because I have a tiny epicanthus and slanted eyes. But I had one tiny asian and one tiny african segment on 23andme ancestry painting and less than 1percent Asian or african-which is absolutely nothing-probably even statistical noise.

Actually none of my grandparents or parents had any "Asiatic" features-so I have no idea where I got my epicanthus/slanted eyes from-it's not genetic at least.
    For me it was not just AF, but Anthroscape aswell. Also i would to know mtDNA and Y-DNA to see how they correlate with my phenotype. I suspect my mtDNA to be a U subclade or some reason or maybe an L or even M, whcih seems to be comm in Iraq. So will see lol.

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post

23andme isn't perfect at the moment. For example, the Ancestry Painting tool works best if you come from populations that are very close to the reference samples (ie. West and North Europeans, East Asians and West Africans). Other people at the moment might not get results that make total sense.

However, I think there's a new Ancestry Painting on the way, and some new Global Similarity plots, with more reference samples and other improvements. Also, clients can download their raw data and study it themselves, or send it off for analysis to others. I've looked at my own file, and it contains so much info that I doubt I'll ever need another genetic test for ancestry purposes. I just have to learn to get the most out of it, and that's the tricky part, because playing around with so much data isn't easy.
    Last edited by Polako; 2009-10-25 at 14:12.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2018-08-04 @ 23:35
    E1b1b1
    Metaethnos
    habesha/italian
    Eritrea Ethiopia Italy United States

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    23andme isn't perfect at the moment. For example, the Ancestry Painting tool works best if you come from populations that are very close to the reference samples (ie. West and North Europeans, East Asians and West Africans). Other people at the moment might not get results that make total sense.

However, I think there's a new Ancestry Painting on the way, and some new Global Similarity plots, with more reference samples and other improvements. Also, clients can download their raw data and study it themselves, or send it off for analysis to others. I've looked at my own file, and it contains so much info that I doubt I'll ever need another genetic test for ancestry purposes. I just have to learn to get the most out of it, and that's the tricky part, because playing around with so much data isn't easy.
    Do you know when It might come out? As I know I am not 92% eurasian and 1% african.. Though McDonald's BGA test was much more accurate imo (he uses more samples as far as I know) and I came out at around 65%/34% eurasian/african and clustered with Bedouins and N. africans.. So who knows in that case..
    Last edited by ethioboy; 2009-10-25 at 19:31.

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by ethioboy View Post
    Do you know when It might come out? As I know I am not 92% eurasian and 1% african.. Though McDonald's BGA test was much more accurate imo (he uses more samples as far as I know) and I came out at around 65%/34% eurasian/african and clustered with Bedouins and N. africans.. So who knows in that case..
    A few weeeks to a few months?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Polako For This Useful Post:

ethioboy (2009-10-26)

Established Member
    puttin' in yer windies
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-DF99
    mtDNA
    H3ap

I am H; my exact matches via SMGF were the Christensen family from Hjorring, North Jutland, Denmark. On mito search I have one exact match with a line from Karstula, Finland. I had HVR I, II, and III tested.
    Last edited by cadwallon; 2009-10-26 at 02:39.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cadwallon For This Useful Post:

pintje (2009-10-26)

Last Online
    2010-06-08 @ 19:30
    f
    Politics
    ??
    Religion
    my thoughts
    Singapore Netherlands

all this lead us back to africa

Established Member
    Molecular Biologist Paul_Johnsen's Avatar
    Last Online
    2012-09-06 @ 17:55
    R1a1a1
    mtDNA
    H13a1a1
    Metaethnos
    European
    Ethnicity
    Norwegian
    Phenotype
    Borreby + nordic
    Religion
    Cod
    Norway

I am H13a1, a very rare and old H-subclade.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Johnsen For This Useful Post:

cadwallon (2009-10-26), pintje (2009-10-27)

Established Member
    Evolutionary Biologist Wojewoda's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:52
    I1 Z63+ S2078+ L1237-
    mtDNA
    U3a1a
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Poland

I am U3a:

I would be grateful if someone could point me to any relevant information on this haplogroup.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wojewoda For This Useful Post:

pintje (2009-10-27)

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast