User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Moroccans and Moroccans of the Diaspora3294 days old

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

Quote Originally Posted by NassBean View Post
    She has an atypical look to me but when I look closely I definitely can see the berber/moroccan vibe in her but she can easily pass as a castizo in latin america and as someone with an east asian parent.
    I think I can definitely agree with you about her looking pseudo castiza-ish/mestiza-ish.

that's impressive that you don't have an accent I thought you had one but her situation is weird she speaks fluently in english as if she was born in the US but her parents don't really speak it and she still have this strong accent and we clearly see that she's not comfortable with french. Did you meet plenty of french people where you live ?
    I grew up speaking french with both my mother and my father, so I'm very fluent. I sound like a northerner though, from Hauts-de-France or Île-de-France (and not a southeasterner like folks from Marseille---dear god majority of the maghrebis there sound like straight shit ). I learned moroccan with my father (he used to slap me for mispronouncing words ). He took it easier on my sister, so there wasn't really the same pressure to learn, which kind of allowed her to learn at her own pace. Both her french and moroccan aren't as good as mine.

Edit: @NassBean

And no, there aren't a lot of french people out here. The main group that tends to speak french here, are well educated haitians from Haiti (they usually have an accent though---but are extremely well versed in french). But it's rare since majority of the haitians in America are low class 3robi (who only speak kreyol).
    Last edited by Tsarcastic; 2019-07-27 at 00:21.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-07-27), Targum (2019-08-09)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:54
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    I think I can definitely agree with you about her looking pseudo castiza-ish/mestiza-ish.

I grew up speaking french with both my mother and my father, so I'm very fluent. I sound like a northerner though, from Hauts-de-France or Île-de-France (and not a southeasterner like folks from Marseille---dear god majority of the maghrebis there sound like straight shit ). I learned moroccan with my father (he used to slap me for mispronouncing words ). He took it easier on my sister, so there wasn't really the same pressure to learn, which kind of allowed her to learn at her own pace. Both her french and moroccan aren't as good as mine.

Edit: @NassBean

And no, there aren't a lot of french people out here. The main group that tends to speak french here, are well educated haitians from Haiti (they usually have an accent though---but are extremely well versed in french). But it's rare since majority of the haitians in America are low class 3robi (who only speak kreyol).
    I see but the south eastern accent is funny I like it trust me the belgian one is worse but hopefully I don't have it
    "Without doubt, Publius Cornelius, when you shall have a view of Africa from the sea, the reduction of your province of Spain will appear to you to have been a mere matter of sport and pastime." Titus-Livus, XXVIII,42

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-08-09), Tsarcastic (2019-07-27)

Established Member
    Last Online
    @

I see but the south eastern accent is funny
    The corsican accent is funny to me, coz it's basically french with a strong italian inflection to the words. The Marseille accent just sounds terrible.

I like it trust me the belgian one is worse but hopefully I don't have it
    Depends. E.g., Chadli's isn't super strong, it slips out sometimes but not as much as Fellaini's, and he at least made an effort to learn flemish (unlike Fellaini). I definitely respect moroccans who make an effort to learn flemish (like these guys). And/or english in your case.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsarcastic For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-07-27), Targum (2019-08-09)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarcastic View Post
    The corsican accent is funny to me, coz it's basically french with a strong italian inflection to the words. The Marseille accent just sounds terrible.

Depends. E.g., Chadli's isn't super strong, it slips out sometimes but not as much as Fellaini's, and he at least made an effort to learn flemish (unlike Fellaini). I definitely respect moroccans who make an effort to learn flemish (like these guys). And/or english in your case.
    My brothers speak flemish I can speak a little bit of it but trust me I'm in contact with this language since my childhood and I've never really reach a good level whereas I learned english in less than 2 years I think it's because I've never been motivated to learn flemish. There is also a cultural gap french speakers like me are closer to french people than to other belgians same for dutch speakers who are more influenced by the netherlands.
    "Without doubt, Publius Cornelius, when you shall have a view of Africa from the sea, the reduction of your province of Spain will appear to you to have been a mere matter of sport and pastime." Titus-Livus, XXVIII,42

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

Targum (2019-08-09), Tsarcastic (2019-07-27)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 13:09
    Ethnicity
    Nigger/Abeed
    Politics
    Trouble Maker Negro
    Religion
    Agnostic
    United States Haiti Dominican Republic

- - - Updated - - -
    @Tsarcastic

You smoke Moroccan Shisha? I do wanna hit up a Moroccan hookah lounge in either NYC or Morocco(which would be more dope).
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason1234 View Post
    Worth noting that all of the above claimed to have been founded by foreigners from north africa or the middle east.
    Actually I'm surprised because I've just verified and even the wiki articles show that you're right ...I feel bad for these aframs.
    We WUZ WEST AFRICANS and SHIET!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlessedbyHorus For This Useful Post:

NassBean (2019-08-09), Tsarcastic (2019-08-26)

Established Member
    Last Online
    J1
    Race
    Caucasoid
    Phenotype
    Berberid
    Phenotype
    S.med+Berberid+litorid
    Politics
    Center-left
    Religion
    Agnosticism

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NassBean For This Useful Post:

BlessedbyHorus (2019-08-25), Dohan. (2019-08-28), Tsarcastic (2019-08-26)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-09-10 @ 17:16
    Race
    Negroid
    Metaethnos
    Black
    Ethnicity
    Black American
    Politics
    SJW Mangina
    Religion
    Agnostic Occultism
    United States African Union(OAS)

"A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots." - Marcus Garvey

"The most disrespected woman in America, is the black woman. The most un-protected person in America is the black woman. The most neglected person in America, is the black woman" - Malcolm X

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21