Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    The only thing I am trying to show is I perceive that slavs think and relate. One of those things is that slavs is obsessed with their genes (you being a living example) whereas Brits for instance are not. The Brit on this forum just showed us this very fact!
    In fact, it's almost impossible to encourage Poles to get interested in their genetic ancestry. If not for my blog there'd be very little information about Polish genetics online. There are about 50 million Poles around the world, and none of them has bothered to do something similar in this day and age.

Btw, people of British and Western European ancestry are by far the most numerous customers at all major genetic companies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Polako For This Useful Post:

Litvin (2017-10-03)

3. # ADS
    Advertisement bot

Established Member
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    R-M512
    mtDNA
    W3a1
    Ethnicity
    Swedish
    Sweden Norway Sweden Tre Kronor

Just a map from wikipedia that show the some what general spread of european slavic people.

Light green = West Slavic
    Green = East Slavic
    Dark green = South Slavic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slavic_europe.svg.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	38

The looks, culture, mentality and behaviour varies greatly among slavic people though. Just saying because I think there are some very generalizing statements about the slavs.
    Last edited by Ozrage; 2009-11-10 at 15:14.
    "Say Goodbye To Sweden, It's Time To Go Home!"
    "By way of deception, thou shalt do war"

Senior Moderator
    Plant of Life = Biological Magic 麻 EliasAlucard's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Y-DNA
    J1a2a1a2-P58+
    mtDNA
    H5a
    Race
    Caucasian
    Phenotype
    Alpinid
    Metaethnos
    proto-Semitic
    Ethnicity
    Assyrian/Armenian
    Politics
    Environment, Cannabis
    Religion
    Secular Agnostic
    Assyria Assyria 1913-1923 Armenia Lebanon Sweden Greece

How do you Poles, Russians etc. view Balkanoid Slavic populations? Do you consider them Slavs or pseudo-Slavs who shifted language to Slavic languages?

Just asking because I'm curious, not insinuating anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    In fact, it's almost impossible to encourage Poles to get interested in their genetic ancestry. If not for my blog there'd be very little information about Polish genetics online. There are about 50 million Poles around the world, and none of them has bothered to do something similar in this day and age.
    Hey man, I know the feeling. It's the same with Assyrians.
    Last edited by EliasAlucard; 2009-11-10 at 15:18.
    ReactOS <--- support this project so that we can get rid of Windows!
    Ubuntu MATE 16.04.1 LTS | PRISM-Break! | Windows7sins

“A wise man makes his own decisions; an ignorant man follows public opinion.” ― Chinese proverb

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ― H. L. Mencken

“The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.” ― Socrates

“Damnant quod non intelligunt.” ― Latin proverb

Quoted for truth:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaron View Post
    Anatolian Urhemait supporters are mostly butthurt Meds.
    For the lulz:
    Quote Originally Posted by drgs View Post
    Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EliasAlucard For This Useful Post:

Semitic Duwa (2010-06-16)

Established Member
    Your Friend
    Last Online
    @
    R1a-Z282
    mtDNA
    H7
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Phenotype
    Barbarian
    Religion
    Crop Circles
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by EliasAlucard View Post
    How do you Poles, Russians etc. view Balkanoid Slavic populations? Do you consider them Slavs or pseudo-Slavs who shifted language to Slavic languages?

Just asking because I'm curious, not insinuating anything.
    I only view Poles as Slavs. The further away from Poland, the more "exotic" the other Slavs seem to me, and to be honest, not particularly Slavic.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Polako For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2009-11-10), Nazi Ufo Commander (2009-11-10), Semitic Duwa (2010-06-16)

Established Member
    Infidel Snowman 2.8% Neanderthal
    Last Online
    2019-07-15 @ 10:14
    Y-DNA
    N1c1*
    mtDNA
    H4a1
    Race
    Europid
    Phenotype
    Lappid
    Metaethnos
    Reindeer follower
    Ethnicity
    Shellfish gatherer
    Phenotype
    Boreal
    Politics
    bottom right quadrant
    Religion
    property is freedom
    England Northern Ireland Norway Sweden Finland Sami

Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    I'm not at all interested in miraculously "re-uniting" all slavic peoples. God forbid!
    That's a relief, keep the T34 in the garage.

I guess you're right in the fact that Austria-Hungary was a in chapter of its own. Do you think the Pole percieves it that way? You're a western European. A genuine European will not bother with his "europeanness" and proving to others just how european he is. The non-european slavs will. They will strongly repel Russians like me, claiming that we have absolutely nothing in common.
    Do you not think there's an historic cultural fault line between Eastern (byzantine) Orthodox and Western (roman) Catholic? Poles, Czechs, Croats etc. belonging in the latter. I'm a pagan atheist of dual Protestant ancestry, BTW.

It's about culture and spirit also. You obviously have a "white european" spirit, acknowledging that there is a difference between different western europeans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't really care too much about being "White European", do you? The European spirit lies among other things in not caring about such things. Anglo-Saxons especially, I think, don't have the whole "racial" thing. I don't think your average slav has ever heard of the different peoples of the British Isles, and that some speak different ancient languages like Gaelic and Cornish.

On the other hand, if I ask you whether you consider yourself closer, either culturally, spiritually or racially, to Poles or Germans, what would you say?

Suddenly this got very politically incorrect.
    I grew up in East Britland and at 1.60m with an easily tanned skin I was somewhat atypical so it's not so much a case of not caring about the "White European" thing, more that those who looked and cared about it didn't include me. Now I've moved west there's a bit more indigenous phenotypic diversity and I pass without comment.
    I've had German & Polish (emigre) friends in my youth and as individuals I don't think there's too much in it, they differ from average Brits a bit but not insurmountably. I've not yet met any Russians for comparison, if there is "Slavic" passion it's probably not that different from West British (pseudo-Celtic) when compared with East British (so-called Germanic) phlegm.
    The only significant human differences are those insoluble in alcohol. I hope you're liking UK and please drink a toast to political incorrectness with me.

That's it for today, I'm leaving work early.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldPretan For This Useful Post:

Mary (2009-11-11), Polako (2009-11-10)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-04 @ 19:06
    Russian
    Russia

racewars.com

3 go

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgs For This Useful Post:

NixYO (2016-06-26), Semitic Duwa (2010-06-16)

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-15 @ 00:29
    Metaethnos
    Corded Ware
    Lithuania Grand Duchy European Union Italy

Overwhelming majority of common people do not know/understand lore about linguistic group, genetic relations and so on, so i doubt a concept of "pseudo-Slavs who shifted language to Slavic languages" ever came to their heads.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cail For This Useful Post:

EliasAlucard (2009-11-10), NixYO (2016-06-26)

Established Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 15:36

Just asking because I'm curious, not insinuating anything.Hey man, I know the feeling. It's the same with Assyrians.

Well, they are still slavs in my opinion. Just look at the fact that I as a Russian can more or less understand languages as diverse as Polish and Bulgarian. Culturally and spiritually I personally see other slavs as closer to us than to Europe. They on the other hand, will not agree with me.

I think a lot of Russians view them as psuedo-slavs. Even Russians that live in Moldova are seen as "those Moldovans", whereas, I think Romanians would consider Moldovans simply "Romanians". I've met all kinds of slavs and I think that Serbs are the slavs that differ the most from Russians. I can for instance only understand Serbian in written word, not in speech.

Ok, that's it for today folks. I'll be back either tomorrow or the day after.

Established Member
    Last Online
    2013-09-02 @ 11:30
    Metaethnos
    Slavic
    Politics
    Smash capitalism!
    Serbia coat of arms

Quote Originally Posted by Polako View Post
    I only view Poles as Slavs. The further away from Poland, the more "exotic" the other Slavs seem to me, and to be honest, not particularly Slavic.
    Pfffff, what an over pretentious statement, which is based on what? History, genetics, lingustics, folklore, name-it-yourself?
    Last edited by Maxim; 2009-11-10 at 17:16.
    La soberanía de un pueblo no se discute, se defiende con el arma en la mano!
    Augusto César Sandino

"...ту бо е[сть] Илурикъ, егоже доходилъ апостолъ Павелъ,
    ту бо бяша СловІни пІрвІе. ТІмьже СловІньску языку учитель есть Павелъ,
    отъ негоже языка и мы есме Pусь..."

Повѣсть времяньныхъ лѣтъ (летопись Нестора)

Sous prétexte d'une étymologie germanique, vous prenez pour la Prusse tel village de Lorraine.
    Les noms de Vienne (Vindobona), de Worms (Borbitomagus), de Mayence (Mogontiacum) sont gaulois; nous ne vous réclamerons jamais ces villes; mais, si un jour les Slaves viennent revendiquer la Prusse proprement dite, la Poméranie, la Silésie, Berlin, par la raison que tous ces noms sont slaves, s'il font sur l'Elbe et sur l'Oder ce que vous avez fait sur la Moselle, s'ils pointent sur la carte les villages obotrites ou vélatabes, qu'aurez-vous à dire?

Ernest Renan 1871

Established Member
    Last Online
    2019-03-04 @ 19:06
    Russian
    Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Pfffff, what an over pretentious statement, which is based on what? History, genetics, lingustics, folklore, name-it-yourself?
    No catholics are slavs by definition. Put Polako on ignore

Poland is a misunderstanding. It is a country which lies on the frontier between western and slavic world, and which combines elements of both.
    In fact, they are not even the Europeans in strict sense, meaning European as in bearing the responsibility and understanding of European interests. Poland has always been an subordinate country, on one side sucking German dick, on the other side -- Russian one, some kind of "novice" europeans, who are full of inferiority complexes, hysteria and obsessity neuroses. This is also true for all Baltic countries
    Last edited by Cail; 2009-11-10 at 20:05.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgs For This Useful Post:

Auduid (2017-08-23), EliasAlucard (2009-11-10)

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast